I think this show has entered my top ten of all time. Lets find out together right now:

1. The wire

2. Mad men

3. The sopranos

4. Deadwood

5. Breaking bad

6. The shield

7. Justified

8. Dexter

9. Sons of anarchy

10. Rescue me

11. Game of thrones

12. Boardwalk empire

Yep it makes it.

No Veronica Mars or West Wing? Or Buffy, WKRP, or any of my other favorites? I'm saying, your list is sausage heavy, and I particularly question the SoA inclusion. It's soapy, pulpy, and watchable, but not great. It's flat and visually ugly.

Back to Justified--I really loved the last couple of episodes of this season. Tim, Rachel, and Art all got nice moments, and Wynn Duffy is awesome.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but next season will be what the second season should have been. raylan v. boyd.   i anticipate a plethora of crowder monologues.

That's what pisses me off about shows like this, shows like Dexter, and even the Shield. They move forward the real plot so ****ing slowly. This whole season, basically nothing happened at all. Nothin

No Veronica Mars or West Wing? Or Buffy, WKRP, or any of my other favorites? I'm saying, your list is sausage heavy, and I particularly question the SoA inclusion. It's soapy, pulpy, and watchable, but not great. It's flat and visually ugly.

Back to Justified--I really loved the last couple of episodes of this season. Tim, Rachel, and Art all got nice moments, and Wynn Duffy is awesome.

RE: WKRP, I am assuming he's counting comedies in a different category from scripted Dramas. I'll reserve my opinion on things like Dexter, SoA and Justified, because I'm trying to be a nicer person.

RE: WKRP, I am assuming he's counting comedies in a different category from scripted Dramas. I'll reserve my opinion on things like Dexter, SoA and Justified, because I'm trying to be a nicer person.

It's the internet, judge away!!

I didn't comment on Dexter because I haven't watched all of the seasons (last one I saw had John Lithgow). Justified is the best procedural on television today. It's one of my must watch shows (with Mad Men and BB).

. Justified is the best procedural on television today.

Damning with faint praise, as far as I'm concerned. In the past 10 years, there have been 2 procedurals that have been worth a shit. The wire, which is my 1a show (to Twin Peaks 1b), and the Shield, which had many flaws but many merits too. Justified's merits aren't as strong as the shields. Justified is barely watchable to me. I certainly don't lose sleep if I miss an episode or 5.

My all time drama list would look something like..

1a The wire

1b Twin Peaks

3 Breaking Bad

4 Mad Men

5 Sopranos

6 Game of Thrones

7 Boss

8 Deadwood

9 The Prisoner (UK original)

10 Rome ( Not as good as I wanted it to be, but I am such a geek for ancient rome

11 Spartacus (I appreciate the shamelessness of Stars trying to attract views by turning up the sex and violence to 11)

12 House of Cards (a little early to weigh in on this, but I loved the first season)

13 Oz

and then there's a clear gap for me. The Shield, while I love many aspects of it, is clearly on the other side of that gap. Oz probably should be too, but it was the start of the HBO revolution and it blew my mind in college when I saw the first couple seasons the first time, so I'll keep it there. I wasn't an Xfiles guy. Never watched a minute of West Wing or 24. Game of Thornes might have been higher if I hadn't ruined it for myself by reading the shitty books.

I'm probably forgetting a couple. Homicide was great what I saw of it, but I didn't watch much.

This is why I love Justified--

I really like the characters. In the cliche of television, I enjoy spending time with them. I think Goggins is incredibly charismatic, and unlike to talk like him (in my head, and to the occasional coworker).

I think the show could kill off Raylen and still be interesting and viable. I like how the smarter antagonist characters are saddled with drug addicted malcontents as flunkies. Also, I like how the other characters see Raylen's bad decisions and think less of him, accordingly.

In sum: Mags Bennett 4 lyf.

[Your list didn't have any scifi or horror or Veronica Mars or Buffy. Just FYI.]

. Twin Peaks should be considered Horror. You could argue that Game of Thrones is Medieval Horror. American Horror story is an omission though, it should have been on the list, I LOVED season 2. I'd put it between the Prisoner and Rome, with big upside. By far FX's best drama. The Walking dead was NOT an omission, clearly in the next tier down for me. Haven't seen Veronica Mars. I was never a huge buffy guy, I watched it some when it came out, but I didn't love it. True Blood I watch purely for carnal reasons, it's terrible.

The Prisoner is the kind of Orwellan Sci Fi that I like, there's no other sci fi that I've seen that I'd consider. Firefly for me is clearly below the gap ( though it was enjoyable, as was what I've seen of alias) I liked Quantum Leap as a kid, but it does not hold up. I respect Star Trek's place in history, as I do The Twilight Zone's, but they don't make it on my personal list. Battlestar I haven't seen enough of, I liked it but it seemed clear next tier to me. Dr Who is cheesey to me. I don't know what other scifi I could consider. I guess X Files would be on it for some, but I think Gillian Anderson and Duchovany were TERRIBLE, and I could never get over how bad of actors I thought they were to truly get into the show.

I think the show could kill off Raylen and still be interesting and viable.

You cannot be serious. I refuse to believe you're serious. Seriously get a grip, put down the crack pipe, and step away from ledge because you are out there lady.

I would watch a show about Art, Tim, and Rachel trying to collaborate with Wynn Duffy and Boyd Crowder. Oh! And maybe they could bring back the orphan girl and Dickey.

What I'm saying is Raylen isn't the smartest guy on the show.

• 8 months later...

So the Crowes are the most Florida family ever, right? I mean, Daryl is a gator farmer slash low-level mob boss who has an affinity for cut-off flannel shirts, Dilly has a Confederate flag that may or may not have had horns coming out of it tattooed in the dead center of his chest, their legal mastermind, Wendy, is a paralegal with a tribal tramp stamp, and their father, Daryl, Sr., died after he got drunk and flipped his airboat. Put their faces on the state flag, for Chrissakes.

• 4 weeks later...

I think this whole season has the theme of characters in over their head. The villains are out-villained, the hero's are investigated and questioned for heroic acts, and in general, all the regular characters are being outclassed.

i really thought ava was gonna get shanked and boyd was gonna hook up with the russian mob when he started banging the mail order widow.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...