Cool New Game

Can someone please explain curling? Especially the broom part. and why cant dude just roll the puck by hisself.
Sweeping causes the bumps on the ice (called pebbles) to melt just a fraction. Since the rock sliding on water rather than on ice reduces friction, it makes the rock go further and straighter. The skip and the sweepers work together to make sure the rock ends up where it's supposed to be.
Can someone please explain curling? Especially the broom part. and why cant dude just roll the puck by hisself.
The Broom People are steering and controlling the speed.

I became addicted to watching it in the last Olympics. Of course, by addicted, I mean that I've waited 4 years to watch it again. I'm really pissed that the US team has choked so bad this year.

Does the skip have to go last, can't they switch up the order? He's killing the US team.
No, he doesn't have to go last. Many teams, with a veteran skip and a hotshot, but inexperienced, kid, let the skip call the game but shoot second or third and allow the wunderkind to shoot last.

So annoying that while we were being forced to watch the US miss virtually every clutch shot, the announcers are explaining the ape-shit crowds by saying, "Over in the other lanes are Canada versus Norway, both strong candidates for gold this year."So could we, like, see this exciting match between two great teams, actually experience curling played at its highest level? Nope.

So annoying that while we were being forced to watch the US miss virtually every clutch shot, the announcers are explaining the ape-shit crowds by saying, "Over in the other lanes are Canada versus Norway, both strong candidates for gold this year."So could we, like, see this exciting match between two great teams, actually experience curling played at its highest level? Nope.
Hopefully they televise all of the medal round matches. Canada and Great Britain men were on Saturday night too, it was a great match.
  • 4 months later...

Is anyone still playing this? I've been playing a lot lately. Even subscribed, so I could avoid the advertisements which were causing my computer to lag.

• 5 months later...
Is anyone still playing this? I've been playing a lot lately. Even subscribed, so I could avoid the advertisements which were causing my computer to lag.
Apparently, I am the only one still playing, but I did reach a milestone today...curling.jpgmy first ever "professional" rating