• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you'll be gay.        

Those Dufour-Lapointe sisters are pretty sweet looking.   Plus that Indian guy on the Luge is a freak.

Posted Images

Hughes and Groves coming up in the 5000, total of 6 skaters left. Hughes is way ahead of pace right now, though I believe the last pairing (no Canadians) are both favourites over the Canadians. Could be a "Canadian sweep"...4th and 5th place!edit - Hughes sets a new record! Still 6 skaters left, including Groves and the prohibitive favourite Czech.I could kiss every single CTV announcer. They are AWESOME.

That was an absurdly stupid play by Hiller.Thank God for the Swiss that the review was not conclusive.
0.0 left on the clock before the puck crossed the line seems pretty conclusive to me.Horrible non-call on Stastny.
0.0 left on the clock before the puck crossed the line seems pretty conclusive to me.Horrible non-call on Stastny.
I agree it should have been called no-goal, but I don't think it was necessarily conclusive that it didn't cross the plane. Pretty hard to determine from the slightly off-line overhead camera when the puck is 2 feet in the air.
I agree it should have been called no-goal, but I don't think it was necessarily conclusive that it didn't cross the plane. Pretty hard to determine from the slightly off-line overhead camera when the puck is 2 feet in the air.
The overhead view that we're shown is slightly outside the goal line. Therefore I think a puck can appear to be in when it isn't. I don't think it can actually be in and appear to be out. The puck never appeared in on the play in question.
The overhead view that we're shown is slightly outside the goal line. Therefore I think a puck can appear to be in when it isn't. I don't think it can actually be in and appear to be out. The puck never appeared in on the play in question.
There was white between the goal line and the puck with 0.1 seconds left in the replays they showed on Canadian TV right after the "goal". The announcers were going on and on about it without even thinking about the fact that the camera was at an angle. If you can't see how people can think the puck looked in, then I don't know what to tell you.
There was white between the goal line and the puck with 0.1 seconds left in the replays they showed on Canadian TV right after the "goal". The announcers were going on and on about it without even thinking about the fact that the camera was at an angle. If you can't see how people can think the puck looked in, then I don't know what to tell you.
I watched the game on NBC and with 0.0 on the clock the puck wasn't even a quarter of the way over the line let alone all the way over the line.
Is the sudden hatred for Babs simply because he put Crosby out during the penalty shot? Don't get me wrong, I am not a big Crobsy fan, but I see nothing wrong with that decision.
Meh.1. The goal wasn't important at all2. Rick Nash hadn't scored in the tournament yet.3. Sidney doesn't need the moral boost, Nash does.4. Rick Nash got the penalty shot.5. Crosby is not that much better than Nash in penalty shots (not that it's that important, see point 1)Obviously, Rick Nash should have taken the penalty shot. It could have been the ice breaker for him, and we need the firepower.