Aa Middle Of A $1.20 27 Man

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.2 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton (t2215)SB (t2875)BB (t1470)UTG (t925)Hero (MP) (t2730)CO (t1705)Hero's M: 36.40Preflop: Hero is MP with Aspade.gif, Aclub.gif1 fold, Hero bets t150, 2 folds, SB raises to t300, 1 fold, Hero raises to t700, SB calls t400Flop: (t1450) Kspade.gif, 7club.gif, 8heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t500, SB calls t500Turn: (t2450) 6club.gif(2 players)SB bets t350, Hero raises to t1530 (All-In), SB calls t1180River: (t5510) 3heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t5510Call the turn behind? Consider folding? Do what I did and jam? Not sure how to approach the turn.

Standard. You're never flatting or folding the turn. I assume SB flopped or turned a set and you lost, hence the reason you posted this, but always get it in here. As for the rest of the hand, I think I raise more pre-flop on the 4-bet because you want to play a large pot here, and yeah bet more on the flop, 500 into 1450 is too small.

Standard. You're never flatting or folding the turn. I assume SB flopped or turned a set and you lost, hence the reason you posted this, but always get it in here. As for the rest of the hand, I think I raise more pre-flop on the 4-bet because you want to play a large pot here, and yeah bet more on the flop, 500 into 1450 is too small.
Yeah I knew the flop bet was too small as soon as I made it. I cringed a little for not paying attention to what I was doing.
Yeah I knew the flop bet was too small as soon as I made it. I cringed a little for not paying attention to what I was doing.
In this case though with your stack size compared to pot, I really don't think it made a difference. I really don't know what the best line is with your stack. Tbh, I think your line works fairly well.
4 bet to 1000, shove with pot sized bet on flop
I think you lose value with that line. Aside from AK & KK, every other hand villain could have, you are at risk of folding out either preflop or on the flop. I don't think that's necessarily what you want here.
I think you lose value with that line. Aside from AK & KK, every other hand villain could have, you are at risk of folding out either preflop or on the flop. I don't think that's necessarily what you want here.
False. In a $1.20, once someone has 3-bet you, they're almost never folding to a reasonable 4-bet. If they're marginal enough to fold here, they're not calling your 700 anyway.
i think its better to protect your hand and win a small pot then lose a big pot, and we need to get it in asap. based on stack size this is the best way to do that. villian calls with any k and sometimes a stubborn 99-qq.
False. In a $1.20, once someone has 3-bet you, they're almost never folding to a reasonable 4-bet. If they're marginal enough to fold here, they're not calling your 700 anyway.
I understand that, but are they going to call your close to pot flop shove too? The only hand that will 100% definitely call both will be AK & KK. That's the point I'm making. I'm trying to get all of my chips in here and a 66-JJ type hand might find a fold.
i think its better to protect your hand and win a small pot then lose a big pot, and we need to get it in asap. based on stack size this is the best way to do that. villian calls with any k and sometimes a stubborn 99-qq.
I'm not protecting AA in a 1.20, I'm trying to get my chips in the middle. I'm not proposing slow playing, I'm just saying playing them scared is losing value

I know BBFIDTS (villain flipped KK and I got busted) but I actually asked this because after flatting my 3-bet and flatting the flop I had huge suspicions that he had KK and I really wanted to be able to fold but I wasn't sure that in that situation that could ever be considered a good fold. The flat on the flop scared me only because there were literally no draws he could have there that would make his hand on the turn. He was obviously confident in his hand. I'm happy with the way I played it but I was really just wondering if there was any way at all for me to get away from this hand on the turn. Looks to me like everyone goes broke here like I did. Thanks guys.

I know BBFIDTS (villain flipped KK and I got busted) but I actually asked this because after flatting my 3-bet and flatting the flop I had huge suspicions that he had KK and I really wanted to be able to fold but I wasn't sure that in that situation that could ever be considered a good fold. The flat on the flop scared me only because there were literally no draws he could have there that would make his hand on the turn. He was obviously confident in his hand. I'm happy with the way I played it but I was really just wondering if there was any way at all for me to get away from this hand on the turn. Looks to me like everyone goes broke here like I did. Thanks guys.
For every time he has KK, he's going to have AK or KQ ten times, especially at this level.

Why would you think he has kk? kq is way more likely. ak and kk both usually shove pf, but I'd expect ak more than kk to just flat and "see a flop" at this level. against tougher competition you might see the opposite.if you had made this fold then you'd have to check into the nit clinic.

Yeah, I know that there are way too many other hands that he easily could have had to make this a good fold. But don't you ever get that gut feeling when you're playing of "Holy shit I'm crushed right now and I don't even completely realize it." I mean quite literally I knew as soon as he called the reraise that he had KK. I don't know how or why, I just knew that I was busting out of that tourney right then and there.

Yeah, I know that there are way too many other hands that he easily could have had to make this a good fold. But don't you ever get that gut feeling when you're playing of "Holy shit I'm crushed right now and I don't even completely realize it." I mean quite literally I knew as soon as he called the reraise that he had KK. I don't know how or why, I just knew that I was busting out of that tourney right then and there.
No, this is a trick of the human brain. Read up on some of the things your brain does to convince itself you're right in retrospect. After he shows you KK and you lose, your brain makes the association "I knew he had KK, I was right!" And since your brain likes being right, this is now the feeling you associate with this hand.Here's a humorous, but good look at what I mean:http://www.cracked.com/article_18388_6-log...-every-day.html
not in a 1$ tourney...like ever