Hi All,I'm fairly new to online poker, have been playing a couple months now, and am primarily a micro multi tabler in cash games. I play relatively tight, and I have fairly consistent winnings, (about $10 - 25 per night playing 9 tables at the .02/.05 cent level), for any where from 1-2 hours. I'm just trying to build my bankroll while I learn the game better. I recently purchased the PokerTracker3 software and have found it very useful. However, I noticed a trend when I look at my showdown winnings vs. non-showdown winnings. My showdown winnings line is a linear line sloping upwards, while my non showdown winnings are on a gradual downward slope. I am wondering what other peoples red lines look like. Is this normal? Is there some major flaw in my game? I do realize that playing a lot of tables will naturally make you fold more hands than you probably should, but I am just curious about everyones input. Thanks in advance!

that means he is getting moved off hands and bet out of pots a lot, well enough to show negative profit. but when he is showing down he is winning, which means he may be leaking a little to the lagtards but i wouldn't worry too much as long as your showdown profit outweighs your none showdown you should be fine

From a successful SSNL player:

because the majority of the time when we make a hand, we're playing against retards who can't fold
Simply, at the micros especially, people don't like to fold. We make our money from making hands and value betting. When we don't make a hand, we will probably c-bet, but we're not going to go crazy trying to make a player without a fold button try to lay down a hand.

the stat means very littlelike, people interpret it as a way to measure your skill at bluffing or how you run the table over, because you're winning without showing a hand down. But you gain non-showdown winnings when you're say value betting the whole way and your opponent check/folds a missed draw on the river, and you lose showdown winnings when your bluff winds up being called on the river. So wtf who can put stock into this, it's like relying on batting average in baseballI guess you can look at it as a way to notice a glaring problem in your game, and then to try and find out why...but some people are just obsessed with obtaining a positive redline because it means you have ballz or whatever. Of course when you improve those areas of your game related to non-showdown winnings, like continuation betting and semi-bluffing, then your NSD-winnings will improve. Worry about that stuff and not some dumb line

I'm fairly new to online poker, have been playing a couple months now, and am primarily a micro multi tabler in cash games. I play relatively tight, and I have fairly consistent winnings, (about $10 - 25 per night playing 9 tables at the .02/.05 cent level), for any where from 1-2 hours. I'm just trying to build my bankroll while I learn the game better.
I'm definitely not an expert, but I think if you're trying to learn and grow as a player, I would cut down the # of tables. Theoretically, you're win rate per table will go up if you are able to focus a little more attention to hands you're not in as well as the ones you are. When playing 9 tables, I imagine that you are constantly clicking fold/call/bet etc. If you had 4 tables going, you could note that a villain called a 3bet OOP with a middle PP and c/c down. I definitely think that playing super straight forward ABC at 5nl is the way to go, but I think if you really want to improve your game, playing less tables and focusing on hand reading and betting patterns etc will serve you better.Also, are you playing 6max or full-ring?
Focus on that red line. It's the most important part of poker and if you don't make it at least break even you suck!
I'm definitely not an expert, but I think if you're trying to learn and grow as a player, I would cut down the # of tables. Theoretically, you're win rate per table will go up if you are able to focus a little more attention to hands you're not in as well as the ones you are. When playing 9 tables, I imagine that you are constantly clicking fold/call/bet etc. If you had 4 tables going, you could note that a villain called a 3bet OOP with a middle PP and c/c down. I definitely think that playing super straight forward ABC at 5nl is the way to go, but I think if you really want to improve your game, playing less tables and focusing on hand reading and betting patterns etc will serve you better.Also, are you playing 6max or full-ring?
Thanks a lot for the input KingJames,I think I will take your advice and cut down the number of tables. I'm playing all full ring games. Do you suggest otherwise?
Thanks a lot for the input KingJames,I think I will take your advice and cut down the number of tables. I'm playing all full ring games. Do you suggest otherwise?
Well, at full-ring you can play more tables because to play optimally you are playing much tighter.What have you been running as far as vpip/pfr/agg so far? How many hands?As far as what you should play, it's completely up to you. If you are comfortable playing FR then I would continue with that.

For about 20k hands my stats are:VP$IP: 17.71PFR: 3.01Agg: 32.78From reading other posts, I gather than my pfr is somewhat low, so I should try to play more aggressive preflop. All the other numbers seem pretty standard... any thoughts?

For about 20k hands my stats are:VP$IP: 17.71PFR: 3.01Agg: 32.78From reading other posts, I gather than my pfr is somewhat low, so I should try to play more aggressive preflop. All the other numbers seem pretty standard... any thoughts?
Your PFR is definately too low. I personally have like 7-10, depending on the limit, AF average is 42.
PFR is definitely too low. I don't play full ring much anymore, but I would imagine it should be at least around 10.