President Barrack Obama Lets Gays Into The Military

God, they're totally gonna gay-up the military. Next year they'll probably be in pink camo amirite?Obama vows to end 'don't ask, don't tell'

Obama also called on Congress to repeal the Defense Of Marriage Act, which limits how state, local and federal bodies can recognize partnerships and determine benefits. He also called for a law to extend benefits to domestic partners.He expressed strong support for the Human Rights Campaign agenda -- ending discrimination against gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people -- but stopped short of laying out a detailed plan for how to get there."My expectation is that when you look back on these years you will look back and see a time when we put a stop against discrimination ... whether in the office or the battlefield," Obama said.
Seriously though, probably about a +50 for Obama if he manages to actually do it?P.S. I realize that I spelled his name wrong. Sue me.

Is this like him closing Gitmo?Just saying he wants t do it is like him actually doing it?Who would give him credit for just saying something without doing anything?I wonder how Bill Clinton feels about Obama changing his rules?

It's a step in the right direction, so I'd give is a +1.Based on Obama's record of keeping promises, when trying to decide the chance of this happening, the phrase "asymptotically approaches zero" comes to mind. I suspect he'll back down to the military brass on this one.

It's a step in the right direction, so I'd give is a +1.Based on Obama's record of keeping promises, when trying to decide the chance of this happening, the phrase "asymptotically approaches zero" comes to mind. I suspect he'll back down to the military brass on this one.
But at least he gave lip service to a bunch of people who will vote for him again regardless of what he does, which means they have little incentive to actually do anything.
I wonder how Bill Clinton feels about Obama changing his rules?
I'm sure he's happy about it. Clinton recently changed his mind to support gay marriage. The don't ask don't tell was probably the best he was going to be able to pull off given that the previous policy was a complete ban. It was just easing us into the whole concept. But I am pretty sure this promise from Obama is not new. He just reiterated it to this group. Still, he deserves some kind of award for planning to do it amirite?
I'm sure he's happy about it. Clinton recently changed his mind to support gay marriage. The don't ask don't tell was probably the best he was going to be able to pull off given that the previous policy was a complete ban. It was just easing us into the whole concept. But I am pretty sure this promise from Obama is not new. He just reiterated it to this group. Still, he deserves some kind of award for planning to do it amirite?
Seeing as how actually plnning it is miles ahead of just inteding to do it, I would say he deserves an Oscar and a LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FROM cHIK-FIL-LA
Seeing as how actually plnning it is miles ahead of just inteding to do it, I would say he deserves an Oscar and a LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FROM cHIK-FIL-LA
I am going to give you a pass on this one since I know you live in SoCal. We take our Chik-Fil-A a bit more serious than that and reserve this award for truly meaningful ambitions.Not that there's anything wrong with that, but Truett Cathy does not welcome the gays into his establishments. He is a good christian.
I see a very slippery slope on this one.Whats next? Gays in major league baseball?
Only if they have an ungodly amount of ability and stay in the closet...