Proof For The Existence Of An Intelligent Creator

While athiest 'scholars' who refute the age of the books of the Bible do so because they make the assumption that no prophecies can be fortold.Which is almost exactly what you are accusing the religious scholars of doingThis is also why there is no debating with you. You are completely blinded to the notion that there is only one answer, and anyone who disagrees must be using faulty logic or bias to blind themselves from what you 'know' to be truth.All while admitting that you guys don't really have any idea where everything came from, but you are sure it didn't come from God.
yet another nonsensical randomly flailing attack of misrepresented positions and made up quotes, attempting to hide the fact that you have nothing meaningful or sensible to say about the thread topic.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yet another nonsensical randomly flailing attack of misrepresented positions and made up quotes, attempting to hide the fact that you have nothing meaningful or sensible to say about the thread topic.
Yea, cause you're all about keeping the threads focuses on the topic.Hey I bet you can try to discount my points again by pretending that you already have and that everyone else also agrees that everything I've said is nonsense.They should give a name for this...like Imaginary EvidenceOr something else concise like Delegitimize One's OpponentI wonder sometimes if you are by nature a poor representative of athiest, or if you are learned in the ploys of faulty debate and hope no one notices.
All while admitting that you guys don't really have any idea where everything came from, but you are pretty sure it didn't literally come from Brahma, Yahweh, Allah, Chaos, Ra, Ahura Mazda, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
From the page below, why would you believe any one of these stories over any other? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth
Yea, cause you're all about keeping the threads focuses on the topic.
this exchange started (as they typically do) because you found yourself arguing about a topic you know nothing about and decided to attack atheist's motives as a way out (post 33).
this exchange started (as they typically do) because you found yourself arguing about a topic you know nothing about and decided to attack atheist's motives as a way out (post 33).
You say attack, I say defineYou are the one misdirecting, not me.You are the one thinking that you can discount me and my beliefs because they don't line up up with your superior knowledge.You are the one incapable of making a salient point, so instead you discount and attribute perjoratives towards me and my beliefs.Just because I am giving it back don't get all huffy
it must be a truly fufilling existence to spend your time trying to prove that people with a belief system are dumb.
Yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to all the people who spend their existence trying to get people to accept their belief system and shun, ridiculeand murder those that don't agree I suppose.
We know that something happened, somehow, a really long time ago, and it made all sorts of stuff including people a nd furry animals. We just dont know how. We do know however it wasnt done by divine intellect, how we know that , Im not really sure, but there are books and professors with really neat sounding words that sort of explain it. All I know is, all youse guys what believe in God are just dumb, I dont know why you dumb, I just believe it.
Your honor, exhibit A for the defense.
Yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to all the people who spend their existence trying to get people to accept their belief system and shun, ridiculeand murder those that don't agree I suppose.
When did we start talking about them godless communist?
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to all the people who spend their existence trying to get people to accept their belief system and shun, ridiculeand murder those that don't agree I suppose.Your honor, exhibit A for the defense.
Oh the ironocality of it all roflmao
Oh the ironocality of it all roflmao
sorry you're with us now.Good because I was getting overwhelmed.I got crow pretending that atheist don't discount the possibility of God while arguing that cause and effect has no place in science,while VB is arguing that cause and effect shows that we can therefore infer that the Big Bang happened.So I got em coming and going, which one do you want?The 'causation doesn't matter' side or the 'causation is our foundation' side?
I got crow pretending that atheist don't discount the possibility of God while arguing that cause and effect has no place in science
you've got crow bored because all you ever want to do is spin what i say out of context so you can avoid serious debate.
you've got crow bored because all you ever want to do is spin what i say out of context so you can avoid serious debate.
You are projecting.Remember, when you point a finger, three more point at you.
I got crow pretending that atheist don't discount the possibility of God . . .
I respect you enough to think you're being purposefully dense here, but that assumption is eroding quickly. If you really had any interest in actual debate you would have grasped this most fundamental point long ago. Let's take the approach made popular by Good Will Hunting:NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF.NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF.NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF.NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF. If empirical evidence of the existence of a God were to be discovered, do you really believe VB would deny same? If you compare a theist and an atheist, who do you think is less capable of objective examination of their belief system? Who has more invested in refusing to change their beliefs? In case anyone is keeping score, by asking you those questions, I have conclusively demonstrated I am a masochist.
sorry you're with us now.Good because I was getting overwhelmed.I got crow pretending that atheist don't discount the possibility of God while arguing that cause and effect has no place in science,while VB is arguing that cause and effect shows that we can therefore infer that the Big Bang happened.So I got em coming and going, which one do you want?The 'causation doesn't matter' side or the 'causation is our foundation' side?
It just get tiresome sometimes, always being quoted out of context.But I catch your drift.
I respect you enough to think you're being purposefully dense here, but that assumption is eroding quickly. If you really had any interest in actual debate you would have grasped this most fundamental point long ago. Let's take the approach made popular by Good Will Hunting:NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF.NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF.NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF.NO ATHEIST HERE BELIEVES THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD IS STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE. THEY BELIEVE ONLY THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR BELIEF. If empirical evidence of the existence of a God were to be discovered, do you really believe VB would deny same? If you compare a theist and an atheist, who do you think is less capable of objective examination of their belief system? Who has more invested in refusing to change their beliefs? In case anyone is keeping score, by asking you those questions, I have conclusively demonstrated I am a masochist.
You do know there is a differenece between being open minded and saying you are open minded.Often times that difference can be seen in the tone.You guys troll religion sections to tell young Christians why they are wrong and now want to hide behind some make believe wall of "We are not saying that there can not be a God, just that the chances are .00000001%". Then you cry foul when your side is described as anything but simply 'following the data' like as if you guys are incapable of being biased or of drawing the wrong conclusions from the facts.It is really because deep down you recognize that your denial of truth is unhealthy and it is causing your irrationality to manifest itself in self delugence. You should read the Irrational Athiest, it might help you see your self.How about this, I will grant you that evolution is .0000000000001% likely to be possible. Have I now crossed the camp of dogmatic to rational?
It just get tiresome sometimes, always being quoted out of context.But I catch your drift.
I know where you stand brother..so no worries. Well there will be worries..Pascal's wager and such, but you catch my drift.
Yeah. The old "because the bible tells me so" is so much more convincing.
You guys troll religion sections to tell young Christians why they are wrong and now want to hide behind some make believe wall of "We are not saying that there can not be a God, just that the chances are .00000001%".
stubbornly refusing to separate what atheists say about your intervening, prayer answering etc. god as literally described in the bible, and the concept of a generic creator in general is just another spin ploy of yours to hide from actual debate. or maybe i'm giving you too much credit and you really are too far brainwashed to grasp that those are completely different subjects.
The fact that there are more atheists than believers in the religious forum is somewhat curious.
i don't think there have been in general over the years. however a thread like this is obviously going to attract the most vocal atheists.
I think an attempt to be more "cool" is involved,
all the atheists here are attempting to do is educate whoever is interested about what and how atheists think, since that is so poorly understood.