Proof For The Existence Of An Intelligent Creator

Why do you allow for a chance? Because of the cause and effect angle?
no, because there is no conclusive evidence either way.
I know what the word may means, and I know what you are trying to say. Do you?
lame attempt to shift burden of proof.
It is refreshing to see how you can admit the complete lack of understanding about an action, while still being able to warp your theory into the predominate likely result.
Definitions of words is relevant, making up definitions is insane
semantics are irrelevant. if it makes you feel better for the purposes of the topic of this thread you can consider me an agnostic.
As long as you get to be the one to poison the discussion.
simple objective education about the history of various human religions would undermine fundamentalism. no personal opinions would be needed for that.
Worthless?...so the entire time that VB was arguing the validity of the Big Bang due to the centrally radiating motions of space bodies in our universe, he was being worthless?
different subject. "space bodies" are large classically behaving objects subject to time. a big bang singularity would not be.
No you can make up stuff that supports your desire to remove the need for God, there is a difference.
It's all one big subject
then you should explain exactly how the cosmological argument if valid would support christianity over deism.
he sooner you can realize that there are plenty of people who find your theory to be insane.
You mean like the notion that things that happen that we don't understand may have some how been related to an action that we don't really have a clue about, and this gives you enough 'evidence' to discount another theory because you don't like it? Is that what you mean while you are patting yourself on the back for 'following the evidence'?
lame attempt to shift burden of proof.i see a theme.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like a good spot for us all to take a deep breath. One thing I'd like to throw in to the mix is some appreciation for the beauty of the scientific explanation. One of the corollaries of the Big Bang Theory is that all of the heavier atoms were created by nuclear fusion inside the core of stars or from supernovas when the stars exploded. That means that pretty much every atom in your body was once inside a star. I think religious folks often think science is the cold, heartless alternative to their divine explanations, but usually reality is much more marvelous than the stories we dream up when we don't know. I think one of the biggest "sins" of religion is to underestimate Nature.
You do realize that you are trying to argue that science in it's pure, simple, amoral existence is better at creating wonder in the soul than metaphysics?But it is pretty cool to do the atom was in a star thing. I was reading something unrelated to science etc about the atom and how much space was between it's parts and the energy etc. It really is an amazing thing.My son in law is an ET on the nuclear engines on an aircraft carrier and just got back and was explaining to me the particle rays from space and how they allow them to jump start a nuclear reaction by pulling the rods out and exposing them to air, which is always being bombarded with rays etc. Anyway, cool stuff that bottles the mind that's for sure.Of course science also tells us that each breath of air you take has, at a minute level, a small bit of a fart from a dinosaur.
You do realize that you are trying to argue that science in it's pure, simple, amoral existence is better at creating wonder in the soul than metaphysics?
Yes! I do think that it is.
But it is pretty cool to do the atom was in a star thing. I was reading something unrelated to science etc about the atom and how much space was between it's parts and the energy etc. It really is an amazing thing.
Yeah, it is pretty unreal to think that we are mostly empty space.
My son in law is an ET
Can't imagine the first time your daughter came home with this guy. et_1474485c.jpg
Yes! I do think that it is.
OREALLLY???
Can't imagine the first time your daughter came home with this guy. et_1474485c.jpg
Still think that science guys are funny?
Like always..you see what you wanted to see before you even looked.
i see you implying over and over that i proposed some sort of crazy theory in this thread that i'm responsible for supporting. obviously i did no such thing.the only theory is the OP's.shifting the burden of proof is just another lazy way out of debate that's way over your head.
i see you implying over and over that i proposed some sort of crazy theory in this thread that i'm responsible for supporting. obviously i did no such thing.the only theory is the OP's.shifting the burden of proof is just another lazy way out of debate that's way over your head.
So you can't support your theory?Why didn't you just say so.It would save you so much more time then having to try to use deceptive debating techniques to try to pretend you have the upper hand on me.For those of you counting, the above technique is known as;Delegitimize One's OpponentDelegitimize one's opponent so as to avoid addressing the substance of his argument. This is another kind of ad hominem attack. The goal is to make it impossible for opponents to be heard respectfully in the debate. Usually followed by a combination of:Declare VictoryWhen facing criticism, like for incompetence and failure, just suddenly, arbitrarily declare victory. andUnsupported ClaimsMake any grand claims you wish, supported by no facts at all.
So you can't support your theory?Why didn't you just say so.
tell me what you think my theory is and i will be happy to support it.
It would save you so much more time then having to try to use deceptive debating techniques to try to pretend you have the upper hand on me.For those of you counting, the above technique is known as;Delegitimize One's OpponentDelegitimize one's opponent so as to avoid addressing the substance of his argument. This is another kind of ad hominem attack. The goal is to make it impossible for opponents to be heard respectfully in the debate. Usually followed by a combination of:Declare VictoryWhen facing criticism, like for incompetence and failure, just suddenly, arbitrarily declare victory. andUnsupported ClaimsMake any grand claims you wish, supported by no facts at all.
it used to be obvious when you were just BS'ing to pull strings, but you're in it so deep these days i can't tell if you actually believe this stuff or not anymore.
tell me what you think my theory is and i will be happy to support it.
there is no god and the world would be a much better place if there was no religion.all life is self createdrichard dawkins can have my babies
it used to be obvious when you were just BS'ing to pull strings, but you're in it so deep these days i can't tell if you actually believe this stuff or not anymore.
Observational SelectionObservational selection, also known as "cherry-picking", is a tactic like counting the hits and forgetting the misses. See only what you wish to see. Overlook and ignore evidence you don't wish to see. And encourage your audience to be equally blind. Observational selection will destroy the validity of any statistical study. Tied in with"Hobson's Choice" or Alternative AdvanceProvide two or more choices which do not cover the range of possibilities, but which only reflect essentially the same proposition.It's really quite amazing how advanced in your proganda style distortion, deflection and denial you are capable of.Did you take the Joseph Goebbels advanced course on "How to win the argument every time regardless of your intelligence"? or is this self taught?
fail x4(sam harris > dawkins)
there is no god and the world would be a much better place if there was no religion.all life is self createdrichard dawkins sam harris can has ma babiesthat better?
what evidence? be specific
Sorry, you employ Goebbel's style propaganda techniques on me and then expect me to put effort into showing you that your techniques are wrong?I have more important things to do, like prepare for your GUARANTEED claiming of victory after this post.I will probably quoteMake a Virtue out of a FaultAdvertise and promote a shortcoming or a fault as a virtue. But I may go withDeclare VictoryWhen facing criticism, like for incompetence and failure, just suddenly, arbitrarily declare victory. Because you've used it so often beforeAnd then again I may go withDemand an Uneven Burden of ProofUse very different standards of proof for opposite sides of an argument. It's really an entire field of study to figure out your next move.
Sorry, you employ Goebbel's style propaganda techniques on me and then expect me to put effort into showing you that your techniques are wrong?I have more important things to do, like prepare for your GUARANTEED claiming of victory after this post.I will probably quoteMake a Virtue out of a FaultAdvertise and promote a shortcoming or a fault as a virtue. But I may go withDeclare VictoryWhen facing criticism, like for incompetence and failure, just suddenly, arbitrarily declare victory. Because you've used it so often beforeAnd then again I may go withDemand an Uneven Burden of ProofUse very different standards of proof for opposite sides of an argument. It's really an entire field of study to figure out your next move.
dodgeno need to be comprehensive. how about one example of evidence you think i'm ignoring.
dodgeno need to be comprehensive. how about one example of evidence you think i'm ignoring.
You do know that I accused you of dodging my post, the one you ignored and tried to dismiss with a pejorative and pretending that I didn't just make you look like the chubby schoolgirl with braces who has a crush on the gym teacher which is only going to end up bad.Or did you think that we were talking about your worldview?Oh that's rich...I have to explain my insults to you so that I can continue to insult you.I'm not sure I'm up to this task because it makes the jokes less fun to type.(because I have to change my tone and type slow so you can understand what I just typed)
You do know that I accused you of dodging my post, the one you ignored and tried to dismiss with a pejorative and pretending that I didn't just make you look like the chubby schoolgirl with braces who has a crush on the gym teacher which is only going to end up bad.Or did you think that we were talking about your worldview?Oh that's rich...I have to explain my insults to you so that I can continue to insult you.I'm not sure I'm up to this task because it makes the jokes less fun to type.(because I have to change my tone and type slow so you can understand what I just typed)
dodgenobody is going to bother to read this but us so no need to pretend you're being clever.
I think you're purposely dodging my question!!
there is no god and the world would be a much better place if there was no religion.all life is self createdrichard dawkins sam harris can has ma babies
i have to say I am disappointed you didn't make any sam harris cracks in the Religious belief and the Brain thread. was either a major missed opportunity, or you didn't read the link in the OP.
i have to say I am disappointed you didn't make any sam harris cracks in the Religious belief and the Brain thread. was either a major missed opportunity, or you didn't read the link in the OP.
I don't like my opinions that I am about to argue to be weighted down with too many facts