Golden State Warriors

Good game today... Smart was active. Morrow did what he is pad to do. Ellis had his season best game.... and Curry passed well... Big win

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've added Morrow to my fantasy team. He has the same birthday and jersey number as me and I've taken it as a sign.and no, I'm not superstitious...it's bad luck to be superstitious.

I've added Morrow to my fantasy team. He has the same birthday and jersey number as me and I've taken it as a sign.and no, I'm not superstitious...it's bad luck to be superstitious.
I use that one too.....

6-10 tonight boys!

• 1 month later...
Apparently the new trade on the rumour mill is Monta Ellis + Bell or Radman for Ray Allen. Sounds bad for both teams to me.
I can't believe that Boston would make that move. I suppose it gets them younger, but if you're an opposing fan, nobody scares you more on Boston than Ray Allen in the clutch.
I can't believe that Boston would make that move. I suppose it gets them younger, but if you're an opposing fan, nobody scares you more on Boston than Ray Allen in the clutch.
GS management is soooo bad. If this deal is true... just wow. It is so hard to root for Oakland teams right now. (yes Golden State plays in Oakland lol).What does Boston do with Rondo and Ellis... both guys will want to start, both are expensive. Just doesn't make sense.
GS management is soooo bad. If this deal is true... just wow. It is so hard to root for Oakland teams right now. (yes Golden State plays in Oakland lol).What does Boston do with Rondo and Ellis... both guys will want to start, both are expensive. Just doesn't make sense.
No clue if that rumour has any substance but Ellis would play the 2. He's a volume shooter not really a point.

Yeah I mean Ray would be a good way to shed salary for GSW and a nice veteran/elder statesmen persence for the youth, but it's not worth the loss of Moped Monta. And I think for Boston it would be throwing away any possible championship window for the future. The sheer lack of floor spacing with a Rondo/Ellis backcourt would be terrible. Throw in Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, etc. on the court and opposing defenses would have it easy.

that'd be one of the dumbest trades in Golden State history. That's saying quite a bit. But, there's no way they're this dumb. There's a 10 year age difference. Allen's contract is expiring (what? they're gonna go get Lebron with that money?). they're not giving up Monta for nothing. I'm not that high on him to be honest but there's almost certainly better deals out there. only way Monta is going is if someone is coming in who doesn't have an expiring deal. probably 2 years+

that'd be one of the dumbest trades in Golden State history. That's saying quite a bit. But, there's no way they're this dumb. There's a 10 year age difference. Allen's contract is expiring (what? they're gonna go get Lebron with that money?). they're not giving up Monta for nothing. I'm not that high on him to be honest but there's almost certainly better deals out there. only way Monta is going is if someone is coming in who doesn't have an expiring deal. probably 2 years+
There are going to be a lot of trades made to just shed salary. Ellis has $44 million left on his contract and isn't as good as his numbers suggest. Volume scorers on bad teams can fool you. I could easily see them trade him for an expiring contract. What I can't see is another team actually wanting him and that contract unless they're also giving up a big contract.Allen is most likely going to sign an extension in Boston anyway for something like $20 million over 2 years. He knows he is going to take a big pay cut no matter where he goes.
Like I said, I'm not high on him but they view Ellis as an asset. He's a big fan favourite and they won't give him away for nothing. Biedrins probably. Maggette definitely. Monta? not so much.
Aren't Ellis and Curry sort of the same player? I haven't really seen any Warriors games, but if that's the case, I can certainly see them trying to get rid of Ellis, especially considering his contract.
Maybe I'm a tad behind on my GSW knowledge, but in my mind Biedrins would almost certainly be the most valuable player in that organisation at this moment.
He is good, fans like him, he is injured all the time though.