Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Do you know any of the content that he provides? Just because he is black, does not mean that he can relate to them.
I can find out. I'm just saying it is not an accident this was started by a black professor.
Who are these people? Random bloggers who spend 10 hours a day compiling mostly unquantifiable data, for what, hoping one day this kind of reporting becomes the norm in sports media...or a GM that values this kind of information who doesn't already have a herd of genius statistical minions who deliver more quantifiable data upon request, happens to read one of his blog posts in between trips from Durham, North Carolina and Lithuania scouting potential draft picks, decides he wants to hire another guinea pig whom he's never met and knows nothing about for $200K a year?I say, why not just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.
Some contender needs to go get Gortat next year.What was Kobe thinking on that last shot? I've never seen him make a dumb play like that.
He's unclutch DDL keeps trying to tell you. Heat could sure use Gortat.Nash and Gortat for Bosh? Actually seems kinda fair.
What was Kobe thinking on that last shot? I've never seen him make a dumb play like that.
He did that in game 7 last year. Not quite as inexplicable, but still probably not the smart basketball play.
Kobe should've backed the ball out after Pau's offensive rebound instead of taking it to the hole.
Nash and Gortat for Bosh? Actually seems kinda fair.
Nash is a really great shooter, but doesn't he dominate the ball as much as anyone? Obviously he's not a ball-hog, but the best kind of players to put him with are pick-and-roll guys and spot up shooters, which are two things that Lebron and Wade don't do particularly well. Now, if all they did was run like the old Suns teams, that might be something.
He did that in game 7 last year. Not quite as inexplicable, but still probably not the smart basketball play.Nash is a really great shooter, but doesn't he dominate the ball as much as anyone? Obviously he's not a ball-hog, but the best kind of players to put him with are pick-and-roll guys and spot up shooters, which are two things that Lebron and Wade don't do particularly well. Now, if all they did was run like the old Suns teams, that might be something.
well, I mean if they didn't they would be stupid. They could run the old Suns offense AND still play reasonable D. And it would be a lot of fun to watch.I'm also not suggesting they should trade Bosh. I just think that line-up would be very intriguing.

I have a massive man crush on Nash but I think he would be a bad fit on Miami.Miami doesn't need a ball dominating point guard but rather one who will play good defense and hit an open jump shot. I do think Miami would be better off trading Bosh to fill other needs though in the off season but I'm not sure what his value is with that big contract. He's been exposed a bit this year as a good but not great player.Edit: I guess I should say in that trade scenario getting Gortat would be the key and I personally think Gortat is more valuable than Bosh when you factor in contracts.Double Edit: And I don't think the problem offensively would be Nash adjusting but more the issues that Wade and LeBron seem to have when they don't have the ball. A shooter like Nash would thrive on the open looks.Triple Edit: Ah screw it. Steve Nash is a freaking God and it would actually make me cheer for Miami.

I haven't been able to watch the Timberwolves much this year outside of when they played the Bulls, but this video helps make it much clearer why they suck so much.