Random Basketball Observations

Miami got a pretty decent post-season crowd today. Might be the only playoff game I go to so I am glad they pulled out the win. They still go through weird offensive lulls though. Not good.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Referees though.I love this OKC team.
The offensive foul on Melo followed by the no-call on Garnett's hip-check screen ruined my Sunday. Egregious.OKC-Denver is almost a little too entertaining.
I had a Melogasm during the Knicks game.
Yeah. That last play for NY would've worked if Jeffries either realized he had an open lay-up and pivoted the correct direction or if he had the skill to actually make the pass he attempted. Unfortunately for NY fans, he sort of sucks.
People are killing Melo for passing the ball. I really hate everything about sports outside of the games themselves.
I didn't see the end of the game.Why was Jeffries even on the floor when they needed to score ? He has zero offensive ability.
I didn't see the end of the game.Why was Jeffries even on the floor when they needed to score ? He has zero offensive ability.
The Knicks are shallow enough as it is, but with both Billups and Amare out, they don't have many options. For what it's worth (nothing?) Jeffries scored the previous possession to give them a one point lead.From nbaplaybook:Carmelo Anthony makes the perfect play here. The double team comes quickly and Anthony doesn't really have any option but to make the pass to Jeffries who is wide open. Jeffries was in perfect position to get an easy lay-up, catching the basketball on the block with the defender on his back. He needs to go up with the shot there, draw the contact, and at least get a foul called. Edit: Oh, and he was probably in the game to set an awesomely illegal screen to free up Carmelo.

Nice win for Miami. I think that's as well as Philly can play.Feels like there have been a bunch of good games in the Eastern conference and yet the top 3 seeds are 8-0.

I find the Heat extremely boring to watch. It's drive to the paint trying to draw a foul, or awkward last-resort kick-out...and repeat. I've also never enjoyed watching Lebron play. And I hate their court, and their stupid red seats, and their really wide aisles. And their goddamn PA announcer still screaming the player's name who scored ten seconds ago.

I find the Heat extremely boring to watch. It's drive to the paint trying to draw a foul, or awkward last-resort kick-out...and repeat. I've also never enjoyed watching Lebron play. And I hate their court, and their stupid red seats, and their really wide aisles. And their goddamn PA announcer still screaming the player's name who scored ten seconds ago.
Yeah, well I hate that your name should be Poppy Hills but you threw in an extra "i" to be confusing.And the wide aisles are great.
And I hate how Dwyane Wade gets "hurt" every single game.
You should hate how Bynum gets "actually" hurt every year more.
I like watching Lebron, but he always leaves me wishing he would do more. I do think the Heat haven't been nearly as exciting as I thought they would be.
That's because they can't rebound unless Wade and Lebron both commit to the defensive glass (25 rebounds combined in Game 3). Since they both hit the glass, no one explosive is leaking out. When they get out on the fast break, they are amazing. But, it doesn't happen very often---the get out on the break less than the average team. It's the right strategy to try and win though----they won that game in Philly solely by out-rebounding them so badly.And they usually have at least one or two "WHOA" plays a game.

Can't believe they got outrebounded by that team. Goddamn 1st rd again.Why are people still saying the Lakers are switching on the Paul screens? They haven't been since Game 1. And I didn't like seeing Fish come back in the game, I think you gotta ride Blake in this series.

Ron Artest won the NBA's citizenship award.
I think it's a good choice.He's been so open and honest about his mental health issues and wears his heart on his sleeve and at heart I think he's a good guy.