come again?whats the backstory on how a 3rd overall draft pick was ever on waivers in a league like the AHL?
Amazing huh? Got Kovalev the same way back in the day. Jokinen was drafted, brought up early, and really struggled as a rookie and even in his second season. He got dumped and I picked him up.
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mustangs have a good team. You just got lucky he went cold for 4 games.   If you played Gothic this round, you would be out 4-0. If you played Warfare, it would be 2-2.

You mean all the active owners at the AHL forum haven't voted yet?

Is everyone else as mesmerizes as I am by this? Im following those tweets all day, I feel very emotionally invested at this point for some reason.

Amazing huh? Got Kovalev the same way back in the day. Jokinen was drafted, brought up early, and really struggled as a rookie and even in his second season. He got dumped and I picked him up.
This is starting to look a lot like Peter Mueller. I will not drop him anytime soon but it does not look like he will fulfill his promise from two years ago. Actually his rookie season was more than fine but 2nd and 3rd so far have been horrendous.
This is starting to look a lot like Peter Mueller. I will not drop him anytime soon but it does not look like he will fulfill his promise from two years ago. Actually his rookie season was more than fine but 2nd and 3rd so far have been horrendous.
Mueller is struggling and looks really lost. If you see a better player, I would take the risk and drop him.It's frustrating seeing him play lately after such an excellent rookie year.
Mueller is struggling and looks really lost. If you see a better player, I would take the risk and drop him.It's frustrating seeing him play lately after such an excellent rookie year.
You don't drop him in a deep keeper league.

Team Stats through 40 games. Listed is player, team, and pool points per game average:Scoring Line #11. Henrik Sedin VAN .8592. Alexander Semin WAS .8543. Corey Perry ANA .828Scoring Line #24. Anze Kopitar LA .7795. Ryan Malone TB .6936. Bobby Ryan ANA .609Scoring Line #37. Nicklas Bergfors NJ .5328. Olli Jokinen CAL .4689. Jason Pominville BUF .450Scoring Line #410. Kyle Okposo NYI .43511. TJ Oshie STL .38512. Andrei Kostitsyn MON .367Checking Line13. Eric Belanger MIN .34414. Simon Gagne PHI .33315. Darcy Tucker COL .231Spare Parts17. Steve Ott DAL .19218. Jim Slater ATL .000#1 Defensive Unit1. Alex Goligoski PIT .5002. Scott Niedermayer ANA .344#2 Defensive Unit3. John-Michael Liles COL .2954. Brent Seabrook CHI .286#3 Defensive Unit5. Kris Russell CLB .2506. Cory Murphy NJ .227Spare Parts7. Marc-Edouard Vlasic SJ .1768. Andy Sutton NYI .1549. Wade Redden NYR .13510. Tom Poti WAS .11111. Taylor Chorney EDM .038GOAL1. SAN JOSE SHARKS 2.562. VANCOUVER CANUCKS 2.623. NEW YORK RANGERS 3.00

Negreanu Swings Redden for Yet Another Former Thief Not too long ago the team gave up a 3rd round pick and 0.50 to acquire Redden to add depth to the blueline that was suffering through some injuries. Well, before Redden could even suit up for the team, he was dealt to the Whalers in return for Roman Hamrlik who's been having a fantastic season with the absence of Andrei Markov in Montreal. Hamrlik has put up 5 goals and 9 assists in 32 games this season, while Redden has just one goal and 5 assists in 26 contests so far this season. In addition to Redden, the team also had to give up a 2nd round pick along with 0.75 next season. So after combining these two deals you essentially have the following:Thieves get Roman Hamrlik, MON.for:2nd round pick3rd round pick1.25 Considering the desperate need the team was in for defensive depth, we are very happy to pay that price for Hamrlik, a member of last years team. Statistically, Hamrlik actually ranks third on the team in pool points per game average so far this season, just ahead of John-Michael Liles. Hamrlik will see action right away, playing Monday.Thieves Defense:1. Alex Goligoski PIT2. Scott Neidermayer ANA3. D Roman Hamrlik MON4. John-Michael Liles COL5. Brent Seabrook CHI6. Kris Russell CLB7. Cory Murphy NJ8. Marc-Edouard Vlasic SJ9. Andy Sutton NYI10. Tom Poti WAS11.Taylor Chorney EDM

Which team wins this game?1. Alexander Semin, WAS. 2. Ryan Malone TB. 3. Niclas Bergfors, NJ. 4. Henrik Sedin, VAN. OT 5. Jason Pominville, BUF. 6. T.J. Oshie, STL. 7. Brent Seabrook, CHI. 8. Tom Poti, WAS. empty empty VANCOUVERVSF1 TRAVIS ZAJAC NJ OT F2 TOMAS FLEISCHMAN WSH F3 TUOMO RUUTU CAR F4 ALEX BURROWS VAN F5 VLADIMIR ZHARKOV NJ F6 JANNIK HANSEN VAN D1 ANDY GREENE NJ D2 JOHNNY BOYCHUK BOS D3 ALEX EDLER VAN D4 BRYAN RODNEY CAR GTD WASHINGTON-AI might not be a huge dog!

Which team wins this game?1. Alexander Semin, WAS. 2. Ryan Malone TB. 3. Niclas Bergfors, NJ. 4. Henrik Sedin, VAN. OT 5. Jason Pominville, BUF. 6. T.J. Oshie, STL. 7. Brent Seabrook, CHI. 8. Tom Poti, WAS. empty empty VANCOUVERVSF1 TRAVIS ZAJAC NJ OT F2 TOMAS FLEISCHMAN WSH F3 TUOMO RUUTU CAR F4 ALEX BURROWS VAN F5 VLADIMIR ZHARKOV NJ F6 JANNIK HANSEN VAN D1 ANDY GREENE NJ D2 JOHNNY BOYCHUK BOS D3 ALEX EDLER VAN D4 BRYAN RODNEY CAR GTD WASHINGTON-AI might not be a huge dog!
I was actually shocked when I saw how good your lineup was for a short night.

Simon Gagne Returns After a long absence with the team, Simon Gagne is back playing with the Flyers and looks to make his debut with the Thieves sometime this week. The question is, where exactly does Gagne fit it in with the team at this point? The team is so stocked at forward, that the team will likely take the wait and see approach with Gagne, even though he is already getting PP time with the Flyers. Who do you sit? Henrik SedinAlexander SeminAnze KopitarCorey Perry Bobby RyanRyan MaloneOlli JokinenAndrei KostitsynNiclas BergforsJason PominvilleKyle OkposoT.J. Oshie That is as solid a top 12 as you are going to find in the AHL, and with the addition of Gagne, the team is going to boast a solid six forwards every night of the season.

Simon Gagne Returns After a long absence with the team, Simon Gagne is back playing with the Flyers and looks to make his debut with the Thieves sometime this week. The question is, where exactly does Gagne fit it in with the team at this point? The team is so stocked at forward, that the team will likely take the wait and see approach with Gagne, even though he is already getting PP time with the Flyers. Who do you sit? Henrik SedinAlexander SeminAnze KopitarCorey Perry Bobby RyanRyan MaloneOlli JokinenAndrei KostitsynNiclas BergforsJason PominvilleKyle OkposoT.J. Oshie That is as solid a top 12 as you are going to find in the AHL, and with the addition of Gagne, the team is going to boast a solid six forwards every night of the season.
When it's time to insert Gagne (personally, I'd do it sooner rather than later) and depending on match up, I'd sit either Olli Jokinen or T.J. Oshie. Tough problem to have though. ;-)
  • 1 month later...
Can you run any better at fantasy hockey?Puts up the second lowest score of the night last night, a MINUS 2, and still pulls out the win!
I think he paid Bryan to miss his lineup. :club:
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats on a banner regular season to the Cheap Thieves! This has been, without a doubt, the best season in franchise history as the team ran away with the division as expected.Here are the numbers from last year to this year in several categories (08-09 one less game was played):08-09/09-10Points 105/120Goals for 233/251Forwards 252.5/271.5Defense 52.5/62.0Goal 200/221 (not bad considering an insane amount of no goalie games. Three goalies all ranked high again)+/- 205.0/223.0 This is the best team in franchise history and the team appears to be healthy and VERY deep at forward which is key on short game nights.

• 4 weeks later...

Thieves vs Underdogs GAME 11. Alexander Semin, WAS.2. Anze Kopitar, LA.3. Corey Perry, ANA.4. Bobby Ryan, ANA.5. Jason Pominville, BUF. A A6. Olli Jokinen, NYR.7. Scott Niedermayer, ANA.8. Alex Goligoski, PIT.9. Tom Poti, WAS.10. Cory Murphy, NJ. NEW YORK RANGERS -11- PHIL KESSELL TOR2- MIKE KNUBLE WSH A3- MICHAL HANDZUS LA4- OWEN NOLAN MIN5- JEAN-PIERRE DUMONT NSH7- STEVE MONTADOR BUF8- BROOKS ORPIK PITNEW JERSEY -0.5Thieves: 0Dogs: 0