• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mustangs have a good team. You just got lucky he went cold for 4 games.   If you played Gothic this round, you would be out 4-0. If you played Warfare, it would be 2-2.

You mean all the active owners at the AHL forum haven't voted yet?

Is everyone else as mesmerizes as I am by this? Im following those tweets all day, I feel very emotionally invested at this point for some reason.

Yes im shocked.The kessel thing was a drag and drop mistake .I picked up his name on the drag and paste and didnt notice he was there i was in a rush.AND i thought i get crushed anyway.

Cheap Thieves vs Underdogs GAME 2 (Underdogs up 1-0)CHEAP THIEVES1. Henrik Sedin, VAN.2. Simon Gagne, PHI. G3. Benoit Pouliot, MON.4. Kyle Okposo, NYI.5. Jason Pominville, BUF.6. T.J. Oshie, STL.7. Kris Russell, CLB.8. Brent Seabrook, CHI.9. Andy Sutton, OTT.10. Taylor Chorney, EDM.SAN JOSEUNDERDOGS1- PHIL KESSELL TOR2- RAY WHITNEY CAR3- MANNY MALHOLTRA SJ4- PAVOL DEMITRA VAN5- STEPHEN WEISS FLA6- LEE STEMPNIAK PHX7- CHRISTIAN EHRHOFF VAN8- CHRIS PRONGER PHI9- DENNIS SEIDENBERG BOS10- TOM GILBERT EDMNEW JERSEYSCOREThieves: 1Dogs: 0

Wow...the huge upset is almost complete.The underdogs could have put Granny Garbanzo in the lineup and she would have score a point or two

Wow...the huge upset is almost complete.The underdogs could have put Granny Garbanzo in the lineup and she would have score a point or two
are the Underdogs winning again? I thought Daniel was having a good night (Pominville, Jokinen...).wow has Semin ever disappeared for him.too bad no ticker tonight, i was too busy.
are the Underdogs winning again? I thought Daniel was having a good night (Pominville, Jokinen...).wow has Semin ever disappeared for him.too bad no ticker tonight, i was too busy.
I haven't tallied the score but Daniel's goalies (NYR) gave up four while John's team (NAS) pitched a shutout. Underdogs got goals from Whitney and Phillips plus assists from Pronger, Ehrhoff and Demitra.
I haven't tallied the score but Daniel's goalies (NYR) gave up four while John's team (NAS) pitched a shutout. Underdogs got goals from Whitney and Phillips plus assists from Pronger, Ehrhoff and Demitra.
Kessel and Stempniak
  • 5 months later...

Bobby Ryan first signing this summer No surprise here, but with AHL rules changing and this being the last season players can be signed for 5 years, Bobby Ryan was a no-brainer signing at $3.00 with a peak at $5.00 in year 5. The Thieves have always been in good shape in terms of cap space, but with some of the younger players getting up there in age, it's close to becoming an issue. NHL leading scorer Henrik Sedin is in a contract year and chances are that he will be in the top salary group demanding big bucks and that will force Negreanu's hand down the road, and some decisions will need to be made. There is also talk of the salary structures changes as well, adding yet another category group. All that is being talked about internally, but it's clear that a player finishing 35th should be paid more than players in the low 90's. Sweeping changes could take place next season.

• 3 weeks later...

Players to SignD Andy Sutton, ANA. 0.50 Sign 1 yearF Nicklas Bergfors, ATL. 0.75 0.75 0.75 0.75 0.75 Sign 5 yearsF Ryan Malone, TB. 1.50 1.75 2.00 Sign 3 yearsF T.J. Oshie, STL. 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25 Sign 5 yearsF Steve Ott, DAL. 0.75 Sign 1 yearF Bobby Ryan, ANA. 3.00 3.50 4.00 4.50 5.00 Sign 5 yearsAlready SignedD John-Michael Liles, COL.2.25D Tom Poti, WAS. 1.50 1.50D Brent Seabrook, CHI. 1.75 1.75 1.75D Alex Goligoski, PIT. 1.75 2.00 2.25 2.50D Kris Russell, CLB. 0.50 0.50 0.50 0.50D Marc-Edouard Vlasic, SJ. 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25F Eric Belanger, PHO. 0.50F Henrik Sedin, VAN. 5.25F Simon Gagne, TB. 6.00 7.25F Olli Jokinen, CAL. 3.50 4.00F Anze Kopitar, LA. 2.50 2.50F Corey Perry, ANA. 1.25 1.25F Jason Pominville, BUF. 2.25 2.50F Alexander Semin, WAS. 4.50 5.00F Alexander Kostritsyn, MON. 2.50 2.50 2.50 2.50F Kyle Okposo, NYI. 2.50 2.50 2.50 2.50G VANCOUVER CANUCKS 4.50 5.00G NEW YORK RANGERS 2.50 2.50Dropped PlayersD Taylor Chorney, EDMD Roman Hamrlik, MOND Scott Neidermayer, ANAF Jim Slater, ATL.F Darcy Tucker, COL.G SAN JOSE SHARKSExempt ListD Cory Murphy, NA. (not on an NHL roster)$54.50 spent on the team$5.50 to sign one goalie and one playerFARMD NICK LEDDY CHI ml $2.00D STEFAN ELLIOTT COL ml $1.50 D BRANDON BURLON NJ ml $1.50 D JAKE GARDINER ANA ml $2.00 D MARC-ANDRE GRAGNANI BUF ml $0.25 D JAMIE MCBAIN CAR ml $0.50 D MICHAEL RATCHUK PHI ml $0.50 D KEITH SEABROOK CAL ml $0.50 D IVAN VISHNEVSKIY CHI ml $1.50 D JONATHAN BLUM NSH fa $1.50 F JACK SKILLE CHI ml $1.50 F DEREK STEPAN NYR ml $1.50 F ZACH BUDISH NSH ml $1.00 F PHILIPPE PARADIS CAR ml $0.50 F EVGENY GRACHEV NYR ml $1.00F BENOIT POULIOT MON ml $2.00

• 4 weeks later...

Despite losing Scott Niedermayer and Roman Hamrlik in the off season the Thieves defense is off to it's best start in franchise history. The team has always had subpar scoring from the blueline, but this year the D is scoring in bunches:D Alex Goligoski PIT 6 3 3 6D John-Michael Liles COL 5 0 7 7D Brent Seabrook CHI 6 1 2 3D Jamie McBain CAR 3 0 1 1D Kris Russell CLB 3 0 1 1 Nick Leddy also scored a goal in 6 games, but he'll spend the season on the farm. McBain will be a last minute decision as to whether he gets to stay with the team at the Oct 31st deadline. At this point, defensive depth is an issue so it's likely McBain will remain with the Thieves. Big things are also expected from Kris Russell this year who is poised to be the BlueJackets PP point man of the future.

• 1 month later...

After a weekend where the Thieves faced the Eagles on Friday night and the M's on Saturday, the Cheap Thieves have officially become the most prolific scoring team in the AHL, destroying the Big M's 9-1 on Saturday night. On Friday it was Semin with the hat trick, and then on Saturday we saw Bobby Ryan lead the way with a hat trick. Team depth will only get stronger in the playoffs when upstart rookie Derek Stepan will get called up. Not to mention Kyle Okposo and T.J. Oshie who will be back from injury in time for the stretch.Team is currently being led by the top guns:Alexander SeminCorey PerryBobby RyanHenrik SedinAnze KopitarAndre KostitsynJohn-Michael LilesAlex GoligoskiBrent SeabrookNick ShultzVANCOUVER

• 1 month later...

What a day for Cheap Thieves fans! T.J. Oshie, Kyle Okposo return from injury, and Nick Leddy and Marc-Andre Gragnani get the call up on defense. Team depth looking good for the playoff run without having to make any big deals.

What a day for Cheap Thieves fans! T.J. Oshie, Kyle Okposo return from injury, and Nick Leddy and Marc-Andre Gragnani get the call up on defense. Team depth looking good for the playoff run without having to make any big deals.
I could see the fwds helping you quite a bit, but I doubt your D for the playoffs got any better with those 2.I think your D could have really used some of the recent pickups....Timonen, Pronger, Weber, Rafalski would all have helped a lot.
Gragnani is a forward now, apparently. Also, Leddy is going to be a star!edit - oh, looks like he is just playing forward tonight. Thought I'd read earlier he'd been playing F all season, but that isn't true.
I could see the fwds helping you quite a bit, but I doubt your D for the playoffs got any better with those 2.I think your D could have really used some of the recent pickups....Timonen, Pronger, Weber, Rafalski would all have helped a lot.
or Buffy
  • 2 weeks later...
I got Dan Boyle... also McBain is a solid #5 now for me...
I got Dan Boyle... also McBain is a solid #5 now for me...
ya, good move getting Boyle. Didnt give up too much either imo.Feel free to trade McBain to the only Hurricanes fan in the AHL. I might even overpay, homer that I am.
  • 3 weeks later...

Goligoski to Dallas! Despite moving away from a team with a potent power play I fully expect this move to free up Goligoski as the #1 guy in Dallas. There was a log jam in Pit in terms of offensive dmen with Letang leading the way, but this move will mean more opportunities for Goligoski. Great move for the Thieves.

Goligoski to Dallas! Despite moving away from a team with a potent power play I fully expect this move to free up Goligoski as the #1 guy in Dallas. There was a log jam in Pit in terms of offensive dmen with Letang leading the way, but this move will mean more opportunities for Goligoski. Great move for the Thieves.
Dallas PP is actually better than Pittsburgh this year statistically.