Jj Early Position In 5.50 20k Guarantee

UTG has limped with garbage constantly so i am not worried about him waking up with a big hand here, and I have no other reads on the other players.PokerStars Game #31737954368: Tournament #187197121, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2009/08/17 14:20:58 ETTable '187197121 140' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: math31 (4050 in chips) Seat 2: advalorem (7675 in chips) Seat 3: patonriver (2880 in chips) Seat 4: frick40 (3775 in chips) Seat 5: se7enth_bok (6070 in chips) Seat 6: salto9 (1750 in chips) Seat 7: BS1974 (3675 in chips) Seat 8: fromdag (7275 in chips) Seat 9: C1eric (5170 in chips) math31: posts small blind 75advalorem: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to se7enth_bok [Js Jc]patonriver: calls 150frick40: calls 150se7enth_bok: raises 225 to 375salto9: folds BS1974: raises 225 to 600fromdag: folds C1eric: folds math31: folds advalorem: folds patonriver: folds frick40: calls 450se7enth_bok: calls 225*** FLOP *** [Kh 7h 6c]frick40: checks se7enth_bok: checks BS1974: checks *** TURN *** [Kh 7h 6c] [6d]frick40: checks se7enth_bok: checks BS1974: bets 300frick40: calls 300se7enth_bok??a couple things here I really thought i had the best hand preflop but didnt put in another raise because I thought it would be better to see a flop first, and on the flop I plan on folding to a bet and calling him down on the turn but then UTG +2 calls the turn and makes me rethink the situation.

I think the turn is a fairly straightforward call, with the intention of evaluating and probably calling most non-A or heart rivers as well. If BS had AA, KK, or AK you'd expect him to bet the flop because of the flush draw and straight draw. His turn bet is either Kings full (which would be a very badly played KK) or air (with the occasional oddly played QQ you might see at this level). In general I think you're ahead of his range and frick hasn't shown any strength you should worry about. I'd give him a flush draw or a weak king he should have folded prf and now doesn't know what to do with but will probably call down anything. Like I said, call the turn because of the pot odds and evaluate the river.That being said I don't like your prf raise size at all. You're one of the big stacks, this is a $5.50 tourny and two limpers in front you should make it around 500 at least, maybe 600.

I think the turn is a fairly straightforward call, with the intention of evaluating and probably calling most non-A or heart rivers as well. If BS had AA, KK, or AK you'd expect him to bet the flop because of the flush draw and straight draw. His turn bet is either Kings full (which would be a very badly played KK) or air (with the occasional oddly played QQ you might see at this level). In general I think you're ahead of his range and frick hasn't shown any strength you should worry about. I'd give him a flush draw or a weak king he should have folded prf and now doesn't know what to do with but will probably call down anything. Like I said, call the turn because of the pot odds and evaluate the river.That being said I don't like your prf raise size at all. You're one of the big stacks, this is a $5.50 tourny and two limpers in front you should make it around 500 at least, maybe 600.
right, just to be clear incase i didnt say it well enough, i am not worried about what BS has but only frick's hand
right, just to be clear incase i didnt say it well enough, i am not worried about what BS has but only frick's hand
Why would you be more concerned with frick's hand? BS min-raised your raise prf and is the only one showing aggression throughout the hand, while frick limp/called a double raise, checked flop and check/called turn he hasn't shown an ounce of strength. I have no idea why you would be more concerned with him than with BS. I think frick shows up here usually with a draw of some sort or occasionally KJ/KT or maybe worse.
Why would you be more concerned with frick's hand? BS min-raised your raise prf and is the only one showing aggression throughout the hand, while frick limp/called a double raise, checked flop and check/called turn he hasn't shown an ounce of strength. I have no idea why you would be more concerned with him than with BS. I think frick shows up here usually with a draw of some sort or occasionally KJ/KT or maybe worse.
with BS checking the flop, made me not care about his hand when frick calls the turn makes me think he has something like K10 or KJ
with BS checking the flop, made me not care about his hand when frick calls the turn makes me think he has something like K10 or KJ
Theres no way you can count out a flush draw or straight draw from his range and you're getting better than 9:1 pot odds to find out. Plus if he does have a K he's shown no interest in betting it so you'll likely be looking at a checked-through river unless he improves, in which case it will be pretty easy for you to dump it then. In fact now that I'm thinking about it you can make a case for raising the turn (though I probably wouldn't but I think some people might) to get BS out and get value from any of frick's draws. Worst case scenario you'll find out right then if you're beat.

Raise more PF. If you're still min-raised, then just shove. Win your 80/20 against villain's 88.ETA:As played, lead the turn if you really want to stay involved in this hand. You'll either take it down or you'll find out quickly where you are (betting for info is bad and all, but I suspect if you just get called you're ahead).

3-bet range in a full-ring game, from MP, is like always JJ+/AK. We're behind every one of these hands on this flop (he's probably got kings full or QQ), but I suppose the possibility exists that he's 3-betting w/like AQ or TT, so there's no harm in peeling for just 300 chips

3-bet range in a full-ring game, from MP, is like always JJ+/AK. We're behind every one of these hands on this flop (he's probably got kings full or QQ), but I suppose the possibility exists that he's 3-betting w/like AQ or TT, so there's no harm in peeling for just 300 chips
Because its a min-3bet and a $5.50 tourny I think you will often see pairs maybe 77+ in villain's range. Maybe often is a strong word. But often enough anyway.