"face The Ace" On Nbc Tonight

I'm pretty sure you are looking too much at the $200K.... What if it is risking $2 for $10?? If you really think you are worse than 4-1 to win a heads up match against anybody, you should probably give up poker, game theory and life. Maybe if you bring in factors such as his living situation it skews to taking $200K, but that also takes it outside of game theory.I do find your last little bit about hating people funny, considering he made the 100% theoretically correct choice. Self-deprecate much?
utility theory much?the difference between 200k and 1mil is a lot different than the difference between $2 and $10 to most people.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

utility theory much?the difference between 200k and 1mil is a lot different than the difference between $2 and $10 to most people.
Quoting myself: Maybe if you bring in factors such as his living situation it skews to taking $200K, but that also takes it outside of game theory.Did you read the post I responded to? Did you read the post you responded to? The guy made the correct choice as far as game theory, which is what the person I responded to criticized. He then went on to mention how much he hated people who didn't understand the basics of game theory.I personally think it is dumb that they don't guarantee the person their 40K to go for the million. They do that in many other game shows, once you hit a level, that money is safe to encourage you to go farther.So uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, go f yourself?

Howard Stern said he liked the show and gave it a free plug last Thursday. He made some LOL comments about poker, the pro players, the amateur players, the production quality, the profession of poker in general and the idea of going for the million vs taking the 200K.

I personally think it is dumb that they don't guarantee the person their 40K to go for the million. They do that in many other game shows, once you hit a level, that money is safe to encourage you to go farther.
I think it should probably be something like guaranteed 10k if you take the second match but lose and guaranteed 50k if you take the third match and lose.