The game is typical 1/2. Villian in this hand is decent, older fellow. Plays pretty ABC. Have seen him bluff, rarely. Definitely a thinking player and probably a winner or at least break even player in this particular game. Nothing special though. Villian has about 200$ preflop, hero covers.Couple of limpers, HERO raises to 15 in cutoff with QQ. both blinds (villian is SB) and 2 limper call.Flop (~60$)6 9 10 two diamonds (hero has no diamond)Checks to hero who bets $45.Villian thinks for a couple seconds and calls, all else fold.Turn is Jc, and villian open shoves for $135.Whats our play?

i presume the first villian (the one in the CO) is actually the Hero?after the SB villian open shoves the turn, I would definitely go ahead and look at my cards. Might as well see what I have, since right now I don't know.

Hero has an QQ/KK/AA - he said he has an overpair to the ten and since he probably just goes broke if he turned a set with JJ one of these is his holding. As far as what to do, if villain is playing abc it depends on how passive/aggressive he plays abc. Most older abc players at 1/2 who i come across arent shoving the turn with AT/KT, and they are re-raising us pf with a bigger pair, he could have flopped a set or 2p but he probably should have rr us on the flop with that board the way it was. Conclusion, he didnt call us with a gutshot so either he flopped a straight (not abc to call the raise with 7/6 pf) he turned 2p with JT which is his most likely holding imo, or he called the flop with QJ and made a top pair with an open ended draw... or he has Ax D but again most players rr us on the flop if they are thinking players who want to get their money on a draw or semi bluff the pot. Could be way off but the decision would probably come down to a fold since most hands we cant beat and the hands we can beat are all drawing... *** I'm folding AA for sure in this spot but KK/QQ/JJ would take a lot more information into abc player** so the actual overpair you have does matter*** reason why is b.c. i dont mind drawing live if i'm right, and if villain does turn over QJ hes practically dead since I'd have two of his kings/2p draw is dead with QQ/JJ..

Things I'd consider: How often, if ever, have I seen this guy play middle connectors for a raise/oop?Have I seen him check/call on the flop to try and take it away on the turn often/ever?Could the pause before flop call mean he was considering raising to try and drive out flush but deciding to call and peel in case another diamond comes?What hand range have I been repping?What's my table image like? Have I made some big laydowns that he's aware of? Does he consider me a solid enough player to bluff into (i.e. someone capable of laying a hand down)?I don't like the coordinated board here but I've seen this so many times at this level live that I probably call here. I've just seen too many "older" players that in early stages of session seem to be fairly tight but suddenly lose their mind and would shove in this spot with a hand like Ad8d. The only hand I'd really worry about here is 78 and he flopped gin. But I don't think so, I think he'd check raise the flop if that was the case.

my thought process was basically that his most likely holding is a two pair hand. Lets say he holds J10 with no flushdraw. I am 36% to win and the pot is laying me exactly 2-1. Pretty much a break even spot. I always call live in what I consider to be roughly break even spots, even with a tad -ev in order to build a stack and give myself a loose image where it looks like i cant be bluffed. I thought two pair was his base holding, and the likelihood of a straight/set was equal to a big draw that i had beat. So the call was pretty much break even from an EV standpoint.

The game is typical 1/2. Villian in this hand is decent, older fellow. Plays pretty ABC. Have seen him bluff, rarely. Definitely a thinking player and probably a winner or at least break even player in this particular game. Nothing special though. Villian has about 200$ preflop, hero covers.Couple of limpers, HERO raises to 15 in cutoff with QQ. both blinds (villian is SB) and 2 limper call.Flop (~60$)6 9 10 two diamonds (hero has no diamond)Checks to hero who bets $45.Villian thinks for a couple seconds and calls, all else fold.Turn is Jc, and villian open shoves for $135.Whats our play?
Call every time. Someone should pokerstove this against any hand he holds.The only hand we're really in trouble vs is the top side straight - and it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to show up here.
Call every time. Someone should pokerstove this against any hand he holds.The only hand we're really in trouble vs is the top side straight - and it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to show up here.
WutWe're behind mucho most of his range and have to call an almost pot-sized bet on the turn to see the river. We're only ahead of some sort of combo-draw that got better on the turn, and maybe KJ. I say fold, given our read of villain.