spent about 4 hours playing a $1 6max MTT on full tilt got into the cash with a really good stack of about 30,000 then lost 27k of it in the first hand into the cash with jacks on a 36Q board, soo annoying as i was playing well until then and i had no need to make the call. argh. The guy turned over kings and I was out a couple of hands later. I won $1.98 in the end which is really annoying as first place was $182 etc. soo annoying that. What do you do to avoid a lapse in concentration for all your chips after playing for so long?I'm really pissed off with myself.

This was a tourney where I didn't run card dead either, I got really lucky sometimes, and i managed to avoid being short stacked just before the money which is what i usually do then go out. I looked in real good shape. I play best in late stages of tourneys, I just rarely get there. I want to punch something right now.

I can understand your frustration, I've been there. I would say that when you get deep with a large stack, chose your hands wisely. Stay away from other large stacks unless you have a very strong hand. I've noticed that later in the tournament it takes a lot less bluffing to take down a pot. Standard raise, standard CB wins alot of hands. When I get deep I remind myself "don't make a mistake". I find that most of the time when I get into trouble with <50 players left it's because I got myself into a situation I shouldn't have been in. It sucks getting deep and not final tabling these small buy-in tourneys, because you make like $3 for five hours of work, negative EV.

spent about 4 hours playing a $1 6max MTT on full tilt got into the cash with a really good stack of about 30,000 then lost 27k of it in the first hand into the cash with jacks on a 36Q board, soo annoying as i was playing well until then and i had no need to make the call. argh. The guy turned over kings and I was out a couple of hands later. I won $1.98 in the end which is really annoying as first place was $182 etc. soo annoying that. What do you do to avoid a lapse in concentration for all your chips after playing for so long?I'm really pissed off with myself.
st_redbull_f.jpg

It was just that i'd got the other guy off several hands before, and then i made a standard raise utg with jacks and he 3-bet min raised me, i called and that flop came and he then shoved way over the pot, for some reason i put him on AK and on tilt and after banking it for ages, i made the call.So wrong.

It was just that i'd got the other guy off several hands before, and then i made a standard raise utg with jacks and he 3-bet min raised me, i called and that flop came and he then shoved way over the pot, for some reason i put him on AK and on tilt and after banking it for ages, i made the call.So wrong.
4bet all in or fold preflop. Not going to see many flops we like with JJ, so just go with it now or let it go. Standard tournament poker, it can be frustrating playing well for hours to min. cash.

hmm, yeah, pre-flop I pretty much knew where I was, and thought 'hit a set or give up' for the price i was getting. But obviously, I didn't follow that plan.

hmm, yeah, pre-flop I pretty much knew where I was, and thought 'hit a set or give up' for the price i was getting. But obviously, I didn't follow that plan.
Do you have the hand history saved and can we see a converted hand? It would be nice to see stacks/blinds/antes to get a better evaluation of the hand.
What do you do to avoid a lapse in concentration for all your chips after playing for so long?I'm really pissed off with myself.
i find that i make one and sometimes two mistakes a tournament, when it gets to the later stages i get a piece of paper and start writing down my hands, my M and the blinds and my position, this helps me keep focused on the task at handas stated from other people, smaller raises and smaller c-bets seem to take down more hands in the later stages when the M gets lower, you do not want to bluff off your stack when people seem interested in a hand, you will lose enough chips on suckouts, you don't need to bluff them offalso, position in later stages of tournaments becomes uber important imo

Get more sleep. Lay down during breaks. Turn off the TV. Maximize your table and don't multi-table. Don't eat or drink sugar while playing. etc...But sometimes nothing works as we are human.Be happy it was just a $1 tourney. I did something similiar in a WSOP ME fpp sat. 4 Left sitting second in chips. 1st gets the 12k package. I make a bonehead read and shove it in against 3rd in chips and lose most of my stack. Finished in 3rd and only have this story to show for it.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/527557It's grusome viewing, viewer discretion required.
tough hand, had the guy been bluffing with the all in before?you could have possibly thrown out a bet on the flop and folded to the all in, that would have told you the Q had you beat i think

I'd seen him go all in a couple of times, never got the result. He did barrel three streets with a missed AK though, and got called by worse. That's right, he is the worlds best value better.

Get it in preflop or fold preflop please. Jacks are very hard to play postflop out of position, you aren't getting the odds to set mine. But yeah, I mean with the way you played it you have to fold on the flop, (bet/folding is bad). Also, He didn't 3-bet min raise you. You made it 1500, he popped it to 6k.

Get it in preflop or fold preflop please. Jacks are very hard to play postflop out of position, you aren't getting the odds to set mine. But yeah, I mean with the way you played it you have to fold on the flop, (bet/folding is bad). Also, He didn't 3-bet min raise you. You made it 1500, he popped it to 6k.
I agree with this idiot. :club:

Is there something about me and playing for hours and min-cashing?arg, got down to the cash with 3rd place in chips, then lost a couple of coinflips, one where i had Qs against A6 and he got a 66A flop 6 turn, and then i was pretty short stacked shoved with AK on sb, bb had aces obviously. the buy in was $2 won $3.91arggh.

Is there something about me and playing for hours and min-cashing?arg, got down to the cash with 3rd place in chips, then lost a couple of coinflips, one where i had Qs against A6 and he got a 66A flop 6 turn, and then i was pretty short stacked shoved with AK on sb, bb had aces obviously. the buy in was $2 won $3.91arggh.
Usually habitual mincashing is caused by too tight of play in the middle and on the bubble. Coasting into the money on fumes.Coming in with 3rd place chips tells us that this is not the case here... but the above may have been just a gear switching problem. The Q's hand and the blind battle are just BBFIDTS...but tell us more about the coinflips. Before the bubble pops we should be punishing mid stacks with a wide range....once the bubble bursts we need to tighten up our range as those same mid stacks will now be looking for chips.

Well I think there was one where i raised from the cut off to 1,800 with KQs, with the blinds at 300/600 and the BB moved in for only 1,000 more, I couldn't fold to that even though i probably was behind. he won with A10. One was not a coinflip but a semi bluff that didn't quite work out, I raised pf on the button with A7s and caught a flush draw on the turn, i bet out and the guy moved in for more than i could call, so I lost a bit there. Other than that i'd been stealing blinds well and keeping out of trouble with trouble hands, untill i lost half my stack in the queens hand.

Happened again, not sure how it happened this time, it just did, was going fine, then moved tables where people where playing like donks and i just didn't catch any cards. Lost set over set, only for a small amount though. Entered cash with 44,000 in chips in about 39th and finished 128th. 2.20 buy in won 5.60. toooo small for a nights work. :club:

Stop it pokerstars.just cashed, short stacked picked up aces on big blind, chips are going in. picked up flush draw on flop, by turn only card that i could lose to would be a off suit ten.The rest is history.