I'm only halfway through the album but it's definitely a lot better than Encore which I thought was crap.Dr. Dre produced the entire thing.1. "Dr. West" (skit)2. "3am"3. "My Mom"4. "Insane"5. "Bagpipes from Baghdad"6. "Hello"7. "Tonya" (skit)8. "Same Song & Dance"9. "We Made You"10. "Medicine Ball"11. "Paul" (skit)12. "Stay Wide Awake"13. "Old Time's Sake" (featuring Dr. Dre)14. "Must Be the Ganja"15. "Mr. Mathers"16. "Deja Vu" Dr. Dre17. "Beautiful" Eminem18. "Crack a Bottle" (featuring Dr. Dre, 50 Cent)19. "Steve Berman" (skit)20. "Underground/Ken Kaniff" Relapse_Cover.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you peeped “Bagpipes From Baghdad” yesterday, a leak from Eminem’s Relapse, you may have noticed the song was a direct jab at happily married couple Nick Cannon & Mariah Carey. Over Dr. Dre’s spiraling Irish instrumentation, Eminem spews ether like:“I ain’t playin’ no ****in’ more/Nick Cannon you prick/I wish you luck with the ****in’ whore…”or“I mean I really want ya bad you ****/Nick you had your fun/I’ve come to kick you in your sack of junk…”Suffice to say, Mr. Cannon is less than amused and spazzed on his blog: I’m taking full action on you Eminem. I don’t know why no one has stood up to your bitch ass yet. But I guess it’s going to take a corny, wack rapping, boy toy from Nickelodeon to set you straight. And trust, I am going to be relentless. Even though I got a lot of other obligations and occupations, you are my new full time job “homey”! I asked myself should I go find this Bitch and just whoop his little ass? Let’s not forget about Eminem’s amateur mixtape rants of calling African Americans ****** and how he hates “Black Bitches”. How did we let him get away with that in the first place?! He is a natural born racist in disguise. Someone tell this coward that he finally barked up the wrong tree. This is my invitation to you, whenever and wherever you like sir. So when you come out of your introverted hiding place and ask your bodyguards if you can go out and play by yourself, I’m here Pimp!Eminem’s been at Mariah Carey’s throat since 2002’s The Eminem Show where he dedicated the entire single “Superman” to her but now it’s bout to be hell to pay for everybody:Nick Cannon is going to start rapping again. Thanks Slim.

My first year in college Dave Chappelle came to our school for a comedy night and Nick Cannon was the opening act. Long story short, Nick Cannon got booed off the stage and Dave had to come up and save his ass, and help him with the rest of the routine.Seriously, how does Nick Cannon have any credibility, especially when it comes to rap. The last person he should be coming at is Eminem. He needs to shutup because he is just making things worse by running his mouth.

i love Em but I don't think Cannon was challenging him to a rap offit doesn't take any rap credibility to kick someone's asstupac and biggie had tons of rap credibilityI don't think Cannon will ever kick Em's ass but I'm guessing that if he did Em's career would take a major hit :)it would be like having michael bolten beat up Axl Rose

i love Em but I don't think Cannon was challenging him to a rap offit doesn't take any rap credibility to kick someone's asstupac and biggie had tons of rap credibilityI don't think Cannon will ever kick Em's ass but I'm guessing that if he did Em's career would take a major hit :club:it would be like having michael bolten beat up Axl Rose
Or say, Tommy Hilfiger?

Ive heard "Crack a Bottle" and "We Made You". Although on its own this is some really good work, I just dont see Eminem ever topping the holy grail of rap that is Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LP.

Just did a quick once through of it.Pretty average for me. I was really hoping for more.The only song I really like is Underground. Mostly because he doesn't use his annoying voice.

Just did a quick once through of it.Pretty average for me. I was really hoping for more.The only song I really like is Underground. Mostly because he doesn't use his annoying voice.
I thought Beautiful was pretty good. I agree on the annoying voice though, as I'm sure a lot of old school Eminem fans do as well.I will say, that in my opinion, this is way better than Encore.1. Slim Shady LP2. Marshall Mathers LP3. Infinite4. Most of his underground stuff/battle raps.5. Eminem Show6. Relapse7. Encore
I think MM LP was #1, and Shady 2nd.... Infinite is a lil lower for me though, but yeah, otherwise good.
Infinite (to me) is his best as far as wordplay goes. A pure hip hop/lyricist album, but lack of strong beats and catchy hooks kept it from going big.

Speaking with radio personalities Opie and Anthony, the G-Unit deejay took Em's side in the beef.

"One of the main reasons [he's popular] is he f*cked Mariah Carey," Whoo Kid said in an interview. "That's hot right there. No condom too? What. He peed on her and everything too. He was like the first R. Kelly situation. He's actually against Nick Cannon. I don't see Nick Cannon really going back at him 'cause he's like the weirdo of the hip-hop community 'cause he married this girl for nothin'. For money I guess. He's like the reverse gold digger or something, I don't know. That's what they call him now, so." (Opie & Anthony)
7/10 Stars
I would give it the same rating. It's actually a pretty damn good album. I enjoy the really dark beats, and his flow is a bit different, but still really strong.

Looks like today is the official releasee date, is that right? Call me old school but Istill ocassionally like to buy a CD and listen to it in my car.

I've listened through a few times now.He is flowing his ass off for sure, but the content is still the same stuff.There's about 4-5 songs I really liked, the rest is forgettable.All the voices he does are dumb. The beats are so-so. I'm surprised that there aren't too many guest appearances, so good on him for holding down the album himself.The 2 bonus tracks are pretty damn good, no idea why they were left off the album.I noticed a punk kid blasting this album in his parents' SUV today, lol.

Finished my first listen through. His wordplay is much improved from Encore, production is solid. Need a few more listens before I could give it a rating.
I downloaded the torrent a few weeks before it came out and have enjoyed it more each listen. I like the dark aspect of it, and thought Dre did a great job on the beats. The first few tracks are meh, but starting with Bagpipes over Baghdad I pretty much like all the rest. If you can get past every song being about rape and prescription drugs that is. :)It made me hopeful for Detox, as well as the 2nd Relapse coming out later this year.8.5/10
I downloaded the torrent a few weeks before it came out and have enjoyed it more each listen. I like the dark aspect of it, and thought Dre did a great job on the beats. The first few tracks are meh, but starting with Bagpipes over Baghdad I pretty much like all the rest. If you can get past every song being about rape and prescription drugs that is. :)It made me hopeful for Detox, as well as the 2nd Relapse coming out later this year.8.5/10
I pretty much agree with your view of it.
I actually like "My Mom" but feel very disturbed the couple times I have heard "Insane".Really like "Old Times Sake" with Dre. I thought Dre killed it on that one.I still have only ran through the album twice but I agree with PMjackson on this one.
I actually like "My Mom" but feel very disturbed the couple times I have heard "Insane".Really like "Old Times Sake" with Dre. I thought Dre killed it on that one.I still have only ran through the album twice but I agree with PMjackson on this one.
Yeah, My Mom isn't bad either, I just don't care for Insane or 3am too much. I really, really like the beat and his flow in Deja Vu and it would probably be my favorite song if I was into prescription drugs lol. :club: