Annie Duke Final Table On Celebrity Apprentice

Daniel you it dead on the team pick, I totally agree with you Annie's 1st pick should of been Herschel. After that I knew she would be in trouble. I also admired that she choose Dennis Rodman. But in the boardroom and as far as professionalism Annie played a great game. wtg and gg Annie good blog DanielOh Ozi your $5.00 ws shipped yesterday lol
I found it interesting that Annie continued to mention that in the boardroom, she never attacked Joan. Is that a plus or a minus? Joan was always willing to tell Annie how she felt about her, whether in the boardroom, or in interviews later. Annie chose to only speak badly about Joan behind her back. So the question is, which one of the two would be considered more trustworthy? The one who tells you to your face how they feel about you, or the one who smiles in the boardroom at you, then behind your back attacks you? In the final boardroom I think that backfired on Annie, because Joan, surprisingly to me anyway, did a good job of defending herself with lines like, "Donald, I'm just like you. I know who you like and who you don't. If I shake your hand, you never have to worry about me going behind your back and talking about you. But this one, she is two-faced. Not once did she ever say anything to my face." I didn't think Joan could win because I thought she'd get trounced in the final boardroom, but she showed a lot of spunk and heart in there and didn't let Annie dominate the conversation.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful. Terrible pick by the Donald.
I agree completely.Annie got robbed. Joan was a complete idiot during much of the series: she kep trying to go for the humour angle, she pouted and whined and bitched when things didn't go her way and she behaved like a complete arse in the boardroom AND outside of it. Aside from a very FEW remarks about Joan outside of the boardroom, Annie remained professional and extremely competent and deserved to win this thing regardless of the 3 to 2 final challenge win for Joan.If you recall, this whole "rivalry" started when Annie and Joan were having a meal and Annie said that Brande wasn't pulling her weight. Joan immediately took this to mean tthat Annie was going to trash Brande in the boardroom and support Melissa. NOT WHAT ANNIE SAID. When Annie didn't do what Joan thought, it was Joan and Melissa vs Annie the rest of the way, with Joan and Melissa yammering endlessly about what a complete and utter liar Annie was, that she was a cheat, worse than Hitler, yadda yadda yadda. Completely immature, self-centred and really, really stupid.Annie did a fantastic job, I have a lot of respect for her and I think Trump's decision was completely based on sentimentality for Joan's age and how long they've known each other. ****ing retarded.
I found it interesting that Annie continued to mention that in the boardroom, she never attacked Joan. Is that a plus or a minus? Joan was always willing to tell Annie how she felt about her, whether in the boardroom, or in interviews later. Annie chose to only speak badly about Joan behind her back. So the question is, which one of the two would be considered more trustworthy? The one who tells you to your face how they feel about you, or the one who smiles in the boardroom at you, then behind your back attacks you? In the final boardroom I think that backfired on Annie, because Joan, surprisingly to me anyway, did a good job of defending herself with lines like, "Donald, I'm just like you. I know who you like and who you don't. If I shake your hand, you never have to worry about me going behind your back and talking about you. But this one, she is two-faced. Not once did she ever say anything to my face." I didn't think Joan could win because I thought she'd get trounced in the final boardroom, but she showed a lot of spunk and heart in there and didn't let Annie dominate the conversation.
Valid points, I wish at that point Annie would of told Joan to shut up and to let her speak her points without her constant interuptions. But you can also see that there was a connection with Donald and Joan. Annie tried on several attempts to approach Joan only to have Joan walk away. When Annie attempted to clear the air or try to talk things out.There were not very many times that Annie spoke negatively or behind the back about Joan, maybe on a few occassions but nothing in comparisons to Joan degrading and constant berating of Annie. Joan constantly did it behind the back and in her face. Like Ozi stated the outcome was predetermined by Burnnet and Trump. Annie was made to look like a evil back stabbing viper which she was not. I think the age of Joan play a huge part on sympathy votes as her connections with other celebrities. Joan played a good game for her age but I thought Annie played a better one. Daniel it would of been interesting to see you handle this game. I see you very much as a game player stratgery wise but not sure if you would of had the guts and the nastiness of the fight in you. If it came down to getting dirty how low and dirty would you have gone? That's the part I don't know about you lol. :club:

I just wanted to add my two cents to this whole thing.First off I watched occasionally but not religiously so I might have missed a few things.Second, I was cheering for Annie because Joan just got on my nerves with never-ending annoying babble of misinformed opinions about poker and poker players in general.People have already mentioned how fund-raising seemed to be such a big thing with Trump on whether you stayed or got fired. When Melissa got fired, he brought up that she didn't raise much money and Brandi defended herself in that same boardroom saying she could bring in more than anyone else so it is surprising that Donald wasn't a little bit more impressed by the amount Annie was able to raise.The Celebrity criteria reeked to me of bs. I'm going to assume that the celebrities from the Apprentice didn't count so do fake celebrities and Kathy Griffin count for more than real celebrities? How does that work?Joan did seem to be more of hands-on and involved in her charity and that came across pretty clear.I think Annie did get robbed and that Trump just went with the bigger name for his show's own sake and for more publicity. It was pretty obvious from the start he had a soft spot for Joan. So much talk about how Joan is proud of her daughter and Melissa is proud of her mother. Trump was also pretty two-faced in a way. He let Joan call Annie whatever she wanted, but when Jesse called Dennis stupid, he was all over him saying that wasn't nice and to stop. So calling people Hitler is better than calling people stupid? Granted both are not nice but some consistentincy would have been nice.Finally like Piers, the winner from last year said, Joan won three of the five criteria so obviously she won unless Trump was going to throw that out which we all knew he wasn't. So everything after the actual final boadroom was pretty much useless.

I'm surprised you're as calm about this finale as you appear to be. I myself was furious. Joan won simply because she is one of Donald Trump's close friends and is also a part of his circle of friends. Believe me when I say this, she was assured of this win before she even signed on to do the show and every move made in every episode was insuring her win. On the other hand, Annie Duke had to claw her way through this show with no one in her corner. Prior to her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice, I really did not like Annie Duke but have gained a whole new respect for her as a result of her hard work and class.Joan was vicious in her attack of Annie from day 1 while the things Joan quoted Annie as saying didn't occur until after Joan had the disagreement with the design firm. Which, by the way, was also fixed......this was the only way Joan could beat Annie. Her saying that she was helped only by her charity is ridiculous. She called in her personal designer friends to design that entire room. There's no way charity volunteers could have come up with that concept all on their own.Having Tom Green and Dennis Rodman on your team could do nothing more than hurt you although at least Rodman contributed something. Tom Green is a joke.Joan Rivers proved one thing to me.....she has no class. Comedians like herself think they can say anything and do anything and get away with it under the guise of comedy. I'm so riled up about this outcome that I could go on and on about it. I just hope Annie knows that she represented the poker community in the highest fashion and her brother and the other players who showed up just proved how loyal her friends are. But you're right when you say that the show gets more publicity with Joan Rivers winning. She's making the circuit of all the talk shows this week which is huge for Celebrity Apprentice to be getting this further visibility.

I think Annie missed a golden opportunity to hold the high road but blew it in a couple regards.1. She wouldn't shut up about Joan to the point of obsession. She should have held the high roadand just laughed about her and disgarded her as being old and protective of her daughter.2. She should have pointed out that she wasn't the only one who faced Joan's rath (see Clint Black)and look how Joan flopped on that. Had she held the high road she could have made comments to theeffect that once Joan got to know her they would be friends too.3. She should have made it clear that the only reason Joan was attacking her was a mom being defensive of her daughter.Annie also kinda blew it explaining her charity. It was obvious Joan was very attached to hers and on Annie's they did a poorjob of explaining why the Iraqi woman left her children behind in Iraq. Kind of confusing.Ultimately by letting Joan get to her and losing her cool did her in but then again, would we have expectedanything different from Annie??I was telling the wife last night that Daniel would have crushed this competition. He's the high road kinda guy.

I thought Joan Rivers was disgraceful. For her to imply that Annie's donations came from the mafia (making it seem like a professional poker player was no different from and/or had connections to the mafia) was pure unfounded slander and shouldn't have been tolerated. Also for Joan to not take any responsibility for the event planner quitting was pretty pathetic.I've never liked Annie...but I wanted her to win this because of how Joan and her daughter conducted themselves.Daniel, please go on this show next season and redeem the image of poker players.

I think you're biased because it's Annie :club:
QFT
I'm surprised you're as calm about this finale as you appear to be. I myself was furious. Joan won simply because she is one of Donald Trump's close friends and is also a part of his circle of friends. Believe me when I say this, she was assured of this win before she even signed on to do the show and every move made in every episode was insuring her win. On the other hand, Annie Duke had to claw her way through this show with no one in her corner. Prior to her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice, I really did not like Annie Duke but have gained a whole new respect for her as a result of her hard work and class.Joan was vicious in her attack of Annie from day 1 while the things Joan quoted Annie as saying didn't occur until after Joan had the disagreement with the design firm. Which, by the way, was also fixed......this was the only way Joan could beat Annie. Her saying that she was helped only by her charity is ridiculous. She called in her personal designer friends to design that entire room. There's no way charity volunteers could have come up with that concept all on their own.Having Tom Green and Dennis Rodman on your team could do nothing more than hurt you although at least Rodman contributed something. Tom Green is a joke.Joan Rivers proved one thing to me.....she has no class. Comedians like herself think they can say anything and do anything and get away with it under the guise of comedy. I'm so riled up about this outcome that I could go on and on about it. I just hope Annie knows that she represented the poker community in the highest fashion and her brother and the other players who showed up just proved how loyal her friends are. But you're right when you say that the show gets more publicity with Joan Rivers winning. She's making the circuit of all the talk shows this week which is huge for Celebrity Apprentice to be getting this further visibility.
Agree
I think Annie missed a golden opportunity to hold the high road but blew it in a couple regards.1. She wouldn't shut up about Joan to the point of obsession. She should have held the high roadand just laughed about her and disgarded her as being old and protective of her daughter.2. She should have pointed out that she wasn't the only one who faced Joan's rath (see Clint Black)and look how Joan flopped on that. Had she held the high road she could have made comments to theeffect that once Joan got to know her they would be friends too.3. She should have made it clear that the only reason Joan was attacking her was a mom being defensive of her daughter.Annie also kinda blew it explaining her charity. It was obvious Joan was very attached to hers and on Annie's they did a poorjob of explaining why the Iraqi woman left her children behind in Iraq. Kind of confusing.Ultimately by letting Joan get to her and losing her cool did her in but then again, would we have expectedanything different from Annie??I was telling the wife last night that Daniel would have crushed this competition. He's the high road kinda guy.
Sorry Randy I disagree with you, Annie may of not represented her charity well on the presentation part but the outcome was picked from the beginning.As for Daniel crushing this competition I am not so sure lol. yes he is a high road kinda of guy and a great stratgery player but when it comes to push, shove and down and dirty fight I just don't see that kind of side in Daniel. He is too nice of a guy.
Lee Watkinson has some details about this in his blog, that I was not aware of, that some of you might be interested in:http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-blogs/34-l...ke-gets-trumped
this is the above quote from the linksorry folks but I am posting this out right this makes me ****ing angry as hell.
Lee Watkinson -- Annie Duke gets Trumpedby Lee Watkinson | Published: May 11, '09 I watched Celebrity Apprentice for the last time last night and had trouble getting to sleep afterward. I was so disgusted. Annie Duke deserved the win, even those of you who do not like her will have to admit. She outplayed everyone by a mile throughout the show and even in the final challenge, where they changed the rules to make it a total judgment call by Trump. Joan Rivers had already signed a deal with Mark Burnett (the executive producer) to do a reality show and Trumps sister in law was Vice Chairman of Joan's charity so there was absolutely no way Annie could win. This was as predetermined. Joan Rivers got away with so much that would have gotten anyone else fired. The lowest thing I think they did was to downplay the work that Annie's Charity does, by doing a poor job making the segment and focusing entirely on what is likely the least popular aspect of their work, paying lawyers to help Muslims get into the US. I am not against this in any way, but to focus on this alone, instead of the millions of starving people they help throughout the world was a clear attempt to make Annie less sympathetic and they showed no concern that a very worthy charitable organization would also suffer. I was also told that they polled everyone, before the final, as to who they would fire and only chose the ones who picked Joan to win. Jesse James seeing what was going on, and being the standup guy he is, told them he was undecided even though he knew. Anyway, total BS and I think even after there editing everyone with half a brain could see what was going on. The irony is that they maligned poker players as being unscrupulous while pulling this crap.

Are you guys really suprised about this?If you have actually seen the show before last nights episode, Trump has always done what he wants, and the person who deserves to win usually doesn't. It's all for ratings.For example look at the firings of the Kardashian chick or the TLC girl. They didn't get fired because they deserved to, they got fired because they were boring. Or look at how Omarosa survived forever. Or Dennis Rodman, I could go on forever about this show.The Apprentice has no credibility at all, although it is entertaining imo.

I agree with the earlier written reference to getting 'more mileage' out of Joan. That and her popularity strata has been 'up there' for decades whereas, outside of poker, Annie was relatively unknown. Seriously, other than astute fans of the show or a Google search, who or what could be laid way to fame claims from the previous non-celeb seasons? This was her catapult to nowhere bigger than the household name she has now accomplished.

Lee Watkinson has some details about this in his blog, that I was not aware of, that some of you might be interested in:http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-blogs/34-l...ke-gets-trumped
The show was definitely pre determined like Lee (and myself) said. The public isnt as dumb as Trump thinks...the backlash has already started. Granted Trump doesnt really care because the ratings were great but more people are starting to TUNE him out as they are starting to realize his show is a scam.
I agree completely.Annie got robbed. Joan was a complete idiot during much of the series: she kep trying to go for the humour angle, she pouted and whined and bitched when things didn't go her way and she behaved like a complete arse in the boardroom AND outside of it. Aside from a very FEW remarks about Joan outside of the boardroom, Annie remained professional and extremely competent and deserved to win this thing regardless of the 3 to 2 final challenge win for Joan.If you recall, this whole "rivalry" started when Annie and Joan were having a meal and Annie said that Brande wasn't pulling her weight. Joan immediately took this to mean tthat Annie was going to trash Brande in the boardroom and support Melissa. NOT WHAT ANNIE SAID. When Annie didn't do what Joan thought, it was Joan and Melissa vs Annie the rest of the way, with Joan and Melissa yammering endlessly about what a complete and utter liar Annie was, that she was a cheat, worse than Hitler, yadda yadda yadda. Completely immature, self-centred and really, really stupid.Annie did a fantastic job, I have a lot of respect for her and I think Trump's decision was completely based on sentimentality for Joan's age and how long they've known each other. ****ing retarded.
This was all off camera, so you can't know what Annie said. Just because Annie says that she never called Brandi an idiot, there is no evidence to support her claim. Either Annie was lying and did say that, or both Joan and Melissa made the whole thing up randomly. They both conspired to make up an elaborate lie that Annie was talking trash about Brandi off camera. What seems more plausible to you, honestly? That the Rivers women went absolutely ballistic at random, or that Annie led them to believe, based on her comments at the private off camera dinner, that she wanted Brandi gone?

Daniel, "made the whole thing up randomly" ? why would you assume this ?These two were joined at the hip all through this farce, even though on opposite teams.It was pretty easy to see that they had knowledge of the daughter coming back for the final which allowed them to strategise, something Annie never had the chance to do with Brandi.In the real world it would have been called insider trading and they could/would have been fired, just ask Martha Stewart.What gets me is that Trump and NBC actually think the viewers are stupid enough to not see through this, even when they have film backing it up.

Daniel have you been watching Survivor this season? If so, what are your thoughts on the Dragon Slayer?
He is an annoyingly pompous clown, lol. He is a total phony too, I don't buy any of his stories, he is lying for sure. "They call me DragonSlayer" he said to his friend... haha, no one calls you that moron, you made up that name!!!
Daniel, "made the whole thing up randomly" ? why would you assume this ?These two were joined at the hip all through this farce, even though on opposite teams.It was pretty easy to see that they had knowledge of the daughter coming back for the final which allowed them to strategise, something Annie never had the chance to do with Brandi.In the real world it would have been called insider trading and they could/would have been fired, just ask Martha Stewart.What gets me is that Trump and NBC actually think the viewers are stupid enough to not see through this, even when they have film backing it up.
Oh no, I don't assume that at all. I said either they made the whole thing about about Annie trashing Brandi off camera, or Annie is lying about the severity of what she said behind Brandi's back. Either Annie called Brandi an idiot or not. Annie says she didn't say that, and Melissa and Joan said she did say that. Now, either two people are lying, or one person is either lying or just forgot exactly what they said that evening.

As people have pointed out elsewhere, Joan is living in a prior generation. To her, poker players are dirty old Vegas. This is evident by comments she made throughout the series in regards to other races, and groups of people. Basically, she was saying things that haven't been acceptable to say since the 1950s. It's ridiculous to believe that someone who Godwins a "board room" discussion or suggests ideas like "how about the white guy is surrounded by a bunch of black guys intimidating him" can be taken seriously as the winner of a "business competition". Basically, it came down to the fact that Trump needed a name to promote his series for next season, and Joan is that name. If NBC had decided not to pick up another season, Annie may have stood a chance, but once NBC renewed, this one was set in stone.