Poker Tax Law In Ct

Lets just say hypothetically I make $30k this year from poker and rakeback combined... I need to figure out how to handle this legally so the IRS does not kill me. Anyone living in CT ever won anything more than $10k in poker winnings and paid the taxes on it?For the last few months poker has been my only source of income. I am a professional poker player technically. Should I try to get all of my tax stuff set up and file as a professional poker player? I dont want to mess up lol

Of course not. Why do you ask? Do you want something made?
Yeah, most people on FCP have 10K they want to hide, and we decided the best thing to bury it in would be pottery.

turbo tax actually made things pretty easy for me this year, and was a lot cheaper than an accountant. i will edit this after i get audited and commit suicide.

shitloads of rakeback :club: btw how do I even claim rakeback!? Its not really poker winnings is it? I mean it sort of is... but is it legal even? I dont know...Blah

CT taxes you are required to pay on any winning sessions/ tourneys seperately and aren't allowed to deduct losing sessions/bricked tourneys so yeah gl with that.

shitloads of rakeback :ts btw how do I even claim rakeback!? Its not really poker winnings is it? I mean it sort of is... but is it legal even? I dont know...Blah
do i make fun of you so much you don't even notice it anymore? :club: rakeback is income.go to a cpa if you make anything significant this year. it stings but its really not something you want to play around with. if you wanna file as a pro gambler i think that russ fox guy in vegas can help. ive heard thats he accessible, not too expensive, and will help people out of state.or is that his name? i dunno....