Ak 3-handed In Sng

Haven't posted in a while, so was curious for feedback on this hand.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $3.00+$0.40 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (3 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) (t4130)SB (t4740)BB (t4630)Hero's M: 13.77Preflop: Hero is Button with K :4h, A :5cHero bets t600, SB calls t500, BB calls t400Flop: (t1800) A :3h, 8 :club:, Q :ts(3 players)SB bets t600, BB raises to t4030 (All-In), Hero ...I don't have the #s in front of me, but both SB & BB have been reasonable the whole time, neither is crazy. But 3 handed both have been aggressive as have I. I was not surprised to get 2 callers preflop, but the flop action has me puzzled. With the 600 SB bet, I don't think he'd feel he's pot committed (even though he probably is).

Very interesting. I'd hate it, but I'd probably fold here. I'm not too worried about SB, but what could BB have that we are really that ahead of? 2pr or a set protecting against the flush, NFD, just a FD, the same hand as ours, or a weaker A. Short of the weaker ace, we are either a big dog, a slight favorite, or chopping...and the latter hands seem more likely.

That's a pretty strong move to make against a donkbet when the preflop raiser is still to act. The only hand you're beating that he might do this with is something like AdXd, but even then you're only a flip fav. There are plenty more hands in his range that have you in deep trouble.

That's a pretty strong move to make against a donkbet when the preflop raiser is still to act. The only hand you're beating that he might do this with is something like AdXd, but even then you're only a flip fav. There are plenty more hands in his range that have you in deep trouble.
True, against AdXd I'm only a flip favorite, but I'm getting 2:1 on a call (I think the money difference is a wash here? If we lose we're 3rd, if we win we have a 2:1 chip lead heads up for all practical purposes). The push after the SB bet is strong though, I'll grant you. If we say that we're either against a set or a pair+FD each equally 50% of the time, is this a call?
True, against AdXd I'm only a flip favorite, but I'm getting 2:1 on a call (I think the money difference is a wash here? If we lose we're 3rd, if we win we have a 2:1 chip lead heads up for all practical purposes). The push after the SB bet is strong though, I'll grant you. If we say that we're either against a set or a pair+FD each equally 50% of the time, is this a call?
Keep in mind that if it's a pair+FD it's the nut flush draw, so he has your ace and can 2pr up to beat you as well. You're only 53% to win against the NFD because of this.

Can we really put either villain on a set? Three handed I don't see either player flat calling with either 88 or QQOriginal bet could be as little as QJ or Q10... wants to bet out and see what happens rather than c/c or c/r a C-betShove could be AxI call and hope I hold because I have the best right now

Haven't posted in a while, so was curious for feedback on this hand.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $3.00+$0.40 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (3 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) (t4130)SB (t4740)BB (t4630)Hero's M: 13.77Preflop: Hero is Button with K :4h, A :5cHero bets t600, SB calls t500, BB calls t400Flop: (t1800) A :3h, 8 :club:, Q :ts(3 players)SB bets t600, BB raises to t4030 (All-In), Hero ...I don't have the #s in front of me, but both SB & BB have been reasonable the whole time, neither is crazy. But 3 handed both have been aggressive as have I. I was not surprised to get 2 callers preflop, but the flop action has me puzzled. With the 600 SB bet, I don't think he'd feel he's pot committed (even though he probably is).
I call and rather quickly.SB: Lets think of a range of hands that he flats and leads with..Ace X, J10 (double gutter), flush draw, KQ maybe? Those are some of the holdings I see him playing like that...As for the BB, I really doubt you are beat against him either. He is most likely reraising AQ preflop or if he does flat, I would say a lot of people cold call here in hopes to trap with Top 2. I would expect to see a draw or a combo draw from BB the majority of the time. KJd, K10d, J10. With the dead money in the pot, I'm definitely calling, because I do see A9 and A10 played like this as well.

Is the 600 to open the correct amount?(Just curious for my own benefit) In this situation, Ax is going to call that every time.How often do you get AK and flop the A three handed?I would suppose that you would be thinking if you fold the SB might call and you would move up in money. If you call, without a set or 2pr, the SB is going to fold. If he had as good as 2pr, why would he open with just 600 with the FD on the board.

The more I think about it, the more this looks like AdXd. A set is highly unlikely as an aggressive villain would probably shove 88 preflop and at least reraise QQ/AA. Two pair is also unlikely because he would probably shove AQ preflop, and calling with A8 or Q8 is also unlikely. All of this goes for SB as well. The move on the flop looks an awful lot like a semi-bluff, and any non-nut flush draw hand is also less likely (KdXd). This just has to be AdXd.

I call and rather quickly.SB: Lets think of a range of hands that he flats and leads with..Ace X, J10 (double gutter), flush draw, KQ maybe? Those are some of the holdings I see him playing like that...As for the BB, I really doubt you are beat against him either. He is most likely reraising AQ preflop or if he does flat, I would say a lot of people cold call here in hopes to trap with Top 2. I would expect to see a draw or a combo draw from BB the majority of the time. KJd, K10d, J10. With the dead money in the pot, I'm definitely calling, because I do see A9 and A10 played like this as well.
This is a pretty draw heavy board with 3 people still in the hand. Is a decent player really trying to trap in this spot? I agree AQ and QQ are unlikely because of no reraise PF, but A8 and 88 are easily in there. I think where I'm hesitating is with our odds against a combo draw or the nut flush draw. We're only 53% to win those...there are only a few hands where we are a huge favorite. Mathmatically it's correct to call, but we are still likely just flipping here. It wouldn't take much of a read/hunch to convince me to fold.I really find this spot interesting because the stacks at the start of the hand are so even. So much of short handed play revolves around stack disparities and there is none of that in this hand.

As for the question about the open. I think my 600 is fine. Yes I get called by Ax 3-handed, but that's fine, I want them to do that. If the action on the flop is checked to me, I'm leading anything I miss, and probably pushing Axx. If I was a small stack or a huge stack, I'm probably open-pushing AK, but not here.

I think where I'm hesitating is with our odds against a combo draw or the nut flush draw. We're only 53% to win those...there are only a few hands where we are a huge favorite.
so, we dont like being a favorite (although small) with a bunch of dead money and a great chance to take a huge lead and become a big favorite to take 1st? i think this is a call. especially b/c his range that beats us is small (88 and A8, maybe AQ if he's weak preflop) and his range we beat can be pretty wide (flush/straight draws, AJ/AT, other As)SB's donk is really weak and I'd put in a decent raise with a lot of hands if i were BB.
Thanks for all the debate on this one.In the end I called. SB folded. BB showed KdTd and hit a diamond on the turn. I think I'd call again given the potential upside and this discussion.
13 outs twice, you did the right thing
Thanks for all the debate on this one.In the end I called. SB folded. BB showed KdTd and hit a diamond on the turn. I think I'd call again given the potential upside and this discussion.
If you had his hand, would you play it the same way that he did, or would you just smooth call?
If you had his hand, would you play it the same way that he did, or would you just smooth call?
Trick question. If I had his hand, I would likely have folded preflop after a raise and call ahead of me mainly because KT is such a crap hand, too easily dominated in this spot. But if I had called and this were the flop and the SB led into it with the preflop raiser behind, I'd probably fold there. Yes I have a monster draw, but I also think that someone's going broke w/o me being involved.

At first I was thinking the villain had 2pair with AQ but that shove doesn't want a caller unless he's a complete moron and you say he isn't. I'd put him on a draw so in case he does get a caller he has outs. I'm calling here and pretty confident about it.

Trick question. If I had his hand, I would likely have folded preflop after a raise and call ahead of me mainly because KT is such a crap hand, too easily dominated in this spot. But if I had called and this were the flop and the SB led into it with the preflop raiser behind, I'd probably fold there. Yes I have a monster draw, but I also think that someone's going broke w/o me being involved.
It's three freaking handed, you're in the BB, you have KTs, and you're getting 3.5:1 on your PF call. Easiest call ever. KTs is more than fine three-handed. I'd even go so far to say that depending how often BTN opens, it might be favored vs. their ranges 3-handed.

if there's any decent chance button would fold, i'm playing this close to how BB played it in his spot.SB's lead is extremely weak, and unless we have a read that button raises tight, there's a ton of other hands button could have besides AJ+ that he wouldn't call a raise/push with. i might not overbet shove to SB's lead, but any big raise commits me to the pot anyway so it's not too bad. and anyway, we have a gutshot to go with our flush draw, so if we do get called we have a ton of outs with 2 cards to come and we're usually just 50/50. i think both of you played it right, and the cards just didnt fall your way.

To be fair, I don't hate the BBs line, and yes KTs is ok 3-handed, but it's not in a vacuum here. It's a raise and a call ahead of us. But the thing is this flop is probably our best possible outcome short of KKT or something. If we miss, or if it's something like Kxx, we either have to fold, or we might be way behind the range of the other two.

To be fair, I don't hate the BBs line, and yes KTs is ok 3-handed, but it's not in a vacuum here. It's a raise and a call ahead of us. But the thing is this flop is probably our best possible outcome short of KKT or something. If we miss, or if it's something like Kxx, we either have to fold, or we might be way behind the range of the other two.
3 handed i'm not laying down KTs unless button raises and SB 3bets. button's range is pretty wide, and SB probably knows this and so his range is pretty wide, too. in fact, if SB had anything decent, he probably reraises. actually, i can make a good case for BB shoving preflop.
It's three freaking handed, you're in the BB, you have KTs, and you're getting 3.5:1 on your PF call. Easiest call ever. KTs is more than fine three-handed. I'd even go so far to say that depending how often BTN opens, it might be favored vs. their ranges 3-handed.
Here's my whole line of thinking. Keep in mind, I am secure in the idea that I am not the caliber of poker player as most folks on this board. Be that as it may, just for extra thought in what really is an interesting hand. The blinds are relatively low for being down to three people. Couple that with even chip stacks and this has been an odd tourney. To me, AK, three handed, is at least as good as QQ midways through the tournament. How much protection does it deserve? If you don't protect it and you are trying to trap with it, it becomes very risky. Especially with the even stacks. I'm not saying that before this thread, if I were in the same situation that I would raise to 1000 to open but to me, 600 gives a lot of reason to call for both players if they have any A, anything suited and any pairs. If I were playing a tourney tonight and got in a similar situation, I would definitely bet more to open.And tell me if this is not right, in this situation, if you raise to 1000 or 1200 you put both players in a situation where it is either fold or all in with Ax or middle pairs. But only one of them is likely to play with that bet.
if you raise to 1000 or 1200 you put both players in a situation where it is either fold or all in with Ax or middle pairs
but you're ahead of Ax and flipping with middle pairs. and if the mid pairs take a flop you can put a lot of pressure on them when overs come.so by making the mid pairs raise/fold you're taking away a significant portion of your leverage against them. it's great if you get Ax to shove, but if they're shoving over a 4 or 4.5x raise then they're shoving over a 3x as well.