stu unger movie question

In High Roller: The Stu Unger Story, does anyone know who the character " D.J " is supposed to be? You know, he is that older guy with the beard who cleans Stuie up later in life and gives him another shot...

if your thinking, which real life pro is it, my gues would be billy baxter. hes the one who staked him in his last 2 WSOP main events and seemed genuinly concerned abotu hsi life -style, so thats my guess. not a for sure answer though, just a guess.

That scene with the 72, where he tells the guy he'll let him see either card (the board is 7442 and he bluffs the guy of a high pair)... that's a famous story, but I don't remember who did it. I think the character is an amalgam.

• 18 years later...

I like the Jack Strauss story where he owed a guy a lot of money and was scheduled to pay it back on a certain day. Jack didn't have the money so he hatched a plan with 2 friends.  Jack agreed to meet the man he owed money on the sidewalk.  Jack walks on the sidewalk and is close to the meeting place  but a car suddenly pulls up and Jack's 2 friends get out looking like FBI.  They show him a fake badge push him up against their car, pat him down, handcuff him, and place him the backseat of their black sedan and drive off.

Later that night, Jack calls the guy he owes money to and says he needs more time because of legal problems.   The lender tells Jack don't worry about it because he saw what happened earlier and understands.