Cutler Dealt To Chicago

Oh man, Plexico burress, one time dealer.
Ehhhh... I didn't hear the rumor, but I can't decide. Strahan says he's a good teammate, but god he seems like such a moron character wise.
Ehhhh... I didn't hear the rumor, but I can't decide. Strahan says he's a good teammate, but god he seems like such a moron character wise.
**** that, let's do this shit. If we're going for this let's ****ing going for it, **** it.
To be fair to the troll, the Bears probably will still suck. At least one more year.
The NFL is so hit or miss it's damn near impossible to predict anything.
**** that, let's do this shit. If we're going for this let's ****ing going for it, **** it.
Agreed. Worrying about "character guys" is a luxary the giants can afford, because they have the most talented front seven in the league, a pro bowl QB, and one of the best running back tandems in the league. They are a superbowl contender, with our without plax. The bears.. well. the bears are the bears... If they're gonna roll the dice and get cutler, then fck it, go for plax. If he does something stupid it, who cares, they'll just cut him. because of his legal problems, they'll be able to get a pro bowl caliber WR at a cut rate price. The time to gamble on non-"character" guys is when...1) You don't really have any other issue guys on your team. Check.2) you are on the bubble, and adding that player can make huge difference. Check. A number one WR changes chicago's entire offense. 3) That player is really really talented. Check. That's why New England gambled on moss, and Dallas gambled on TO. But Plex isn't a locker room cancer, he won't pollute the team like TO did.I just see no down side to this. I think the bears already have a great chance to win the North now, and with Plex they'd be the favorites, and once you make the playoffs, who knows what can happen? YOu can always get ligthening in a bottle. And that's why I love the cutler trade, because when you have a franchise quarterback, you will almost always make the playoffs ( or be in the play off hunt). Every year, you will be relevant. God, I can't believe how much my excitement for the bears season has transformed in the past week. Like, a week ago, i was literally planning to not watch a single bears game, I was so bitter about their offseason. And now..... Giddy is the only word to describe me.
Agreed. Worrying about "character guys" is a luxary the giants can afford, because they have the most talented front seven in the league, a pro bowl QB, and one of the best running back tandems in the league. They are a superbowl contender, with our without plax. The bears.. well. the bears are the bears... If they're gonna roll the dice and get cutler, then fck it, go for plax. If he does something stupid it, who cares, they'll just cut him. because of his legal problems, they'll be able to get a pro bowl caliber WR at a cut rate price. The time to gamble on non-"character" guys is when...1) You don't really have any other issue guys on your team. Check.2) you are on the bubble, and adding that player can make huge difference. Check. A number one WR changes chicago's entire offense. 3) That player is really really talented. Check. That's why New England gambled on moss, and Dallas gambled on TO. But Plex isn't a locker room cancer, he won't pollute the team like TO did.I just see no down side to this. I think the bears already have a great chance to win the North now, and with Plex they'd be the favorites, and once you make the playoffs, who knows what can happen? YOu can always get ligthening in a bottle. And that's why I love the cutler trade, because when you have a franchise quarterback, you will almost always make the playoffs ( or be in the play off hunt). Every year, you will be relevant. God, I can't believe how much my excitement for the bears season has transformed in the past week. Like, a week ago, i was literally planning to not watch a single bears game, I was so bitter about their offseason. And now..... Giddy is the only word to describe me.
LOL,
They didn't give up too much. Not even close. There was no downside for Chicago in this deal.
No downside? Other than they still need a right tackle and maybe a receiver or four? Chicago's offense is going to be terrible, even with Cutler. They signed Orlando Pace...WOW! AWESOME! You have a guy who's 46 with his best years five seasons behind him and your best wide receiver is a 'game-breaking' punt returner who converted 50 some catches into 3 whole touchdowns. Keep Orton, draft well, profit.. errr..
Although..if the Bears could get a guy *like* Plexico, they'd be well on their way.
No downside? Other than they still need a right tackle and maybe a receiver or four? Chicago's offense is going to be terrible, even with Cutler. They signed Orlando Pace...WOW! AWESOME! You have a guy who's 46 with his best years five seasons behind him and your best wide receiver is a 'game-breaking' punt returner who converted 50 some catches into 3 whole touchdowns. Keep Orton, draft well, profit.. errr.. Although..if the Bears could get a guy *like* Plexico, they'd be well on their way.
You clearly know nothing about this team. Orton + Draft = The same bullshit we've done for 30 years... it doesn't work.Chris Williams is moving to RT.Also, this deal doesn't hurt any of that. We still have 8 picks in the draft. Plus even if we still had that 1st round pick, there is no guarantee it pans out. We traded a non guarantee for a sure thing who's been through his growing pains already. How is there a downside in that?We lost 1 draft pick this year. They would have had to waste one of those two 1st round picks on a QB at some point probably anyway, with no assurances he'd even turn out good, and in most cases, he won't.

You signed Orlando Pace and the rookie can shift over. I think this is a great trade for both ends. Kyle Orton is a great QB for what he has been asked to do. Manage the games and not make dumb mistakes. If Denver can get 1 big time D player with those picks and then add some solid depth players it will be well worth it.great trade

Torry Holt? Plaxico seems to have alot of baggage coming with him considering his legal problems recently, I'm not sure how old Burress is either so that could be in his favor. I just think the Bears should pick up a WR for Cutler to throw to besides Hester.
Torry Holt? Plaxico seems to have alot of baggage coming with him considering his legal problems recently, I'm not sure how old Burress is either so that could be in his favor. I just think the Bears should pick up a WR for Cutler to throw to besides Hester.
Holt is done, I think. I'd rather have Plax. I'd rather have more talent and more baggage than a character guy on his last legs.
P.S. - is there actually a "The Skins win the Superbowl of March/April" thread?
No. Also, there's not a "Sportsmack makes himself look like an idiot" thread either...but both things are covered in the Haynesworth thread.
No. Also, there's not a "Sportsmack makes himself look like an idiot" thread either...but both things are covered in the Haynesworth thread.
LMAO, let it go bro...let it go, now you just sound like a pathetic stalker. GG tho.
LMAO, let it go bro...let it go, now you just sound like a pathetic stalker. GG tho.
I'm a stalker because I read all the threads in the football forum? And I replied to a post by a poster I know well?There you go again...btw, back to the topic...My thoughts on the trade: I agree that, at this time, this trade seems to be even. Denver can make the trade swing in their favor by how they use the draft choices they got and how Orton plays.

called this one. Chicago just made too much sense.....they have been trying to find "the guy" at QB for years. I agree with everyone who thinks the Bears should go after Plax. If you are going all in, go all in. There are other options though. They could offer their 2nd rounder to Cincy for Ocho Cinco. Him, Hester and Olsen would be some nice targets for Cutler.

I'm a stalker because I read all the threads in the football forum? And I replied to a post by a poster I know well?
Please stop stalking me and making good points. It's pathetic.