Serge's High Roller Playoff Pool 2009

The Nell-Canuck coalition:Alexander OvechkinEric StaalRay WhitneyPatrick KanePatrick SharpTuomo RuutuChristian ErhoffAlexander EdlerMatt CullenChristian HusseliusClaude GirouxMicheal NylanderBroadway or our team will be done by round one.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then he would ask me, and I would say, 'no' no no no no But finally I caved, and we DID take Tyler 'f-en' Kennedy
15 points in his last 20 games... not bad for 121st overall, imo.

Some power rankings:Keep in mind, this is based on PPG, and has nothing to do with how likely it is to go deeper in the playoffs, so, with that said, it's basically meaningless.Serge - 9.246Zach - 9.166babying - 9.035Westcoast - 9.002Alberto - 8.992biatch - 8.868Adam/Pez - 8.806Arp - 8.663Untilted - 8.282Canucks - 8.150atomictea - 7.971Whitespade - 7.404This is simply calculated as the sum of your players total PPG average for the 2008-2009 season (with the exception of players traded mid-season, it only counts points on their new team, which is just the way Yahoo had their stats when I made my spreadsheet for this draft)Again, it has nothing to do with anything, because that'll be your average PPG per one game played by each player on your team, obviously more games played is a plus.

Again, it has nothing to do with anything, because that'll be your average PPG per one game played by each player on your team, obviously more games played is a plus.
I'm not surprised to see myself in last. There are two main strats in playoff pools... to spread your picks around and get the highest PPG players as possible, or go for those that you think will make it deep with less PPG... but more games. I did have PPG stats before entering the pool as well, only I used PPG for the 2nd half of the season only.
Good draft guys.I just wanted to give a word of advice, to a couple guys who were stuck a few times. Best course of action, I've found, is to do a little homework in Excel, put an appropriate number of guys from each team, and cross them off/delete them as they are picked. For this one, 144 players picked, an average of 9 per playoff team, so I put 12ish for each team, depending on how solid they were (ie more for Detroit and SJ, and less for the guys who are expected to be dogs).That way, you always know who's available. I also put their points, or PPG, or whatever the case may be for the specific pool, as well as their team in a seperate column, so you can sort it easily on the fly.
That's exactly what I did. Great minds think alike. :club:

Ok I have inputed all the players into the website.The site is www.thehockeypool.comName of our pool is Serge2009Please double check your players, as I may have made a mistake. I named the teams, if you would like me to change your team names let me know.Thanks and good luck

Team Canucks (fleung and I):SeminLidstromKeslerBurrowsProngerSelanneCheechooBieksaK. TimonenLupulUmbergerKnuble
haha...you said semingood work buddy. glad to see Kes, Bur and Bieksa there.
I am still wondering how someone try to draft Arnott???????????????????
You havent met Alberto..Alberto has a very good team actually..If it was 1998

For those that havent seen it, what do you think of the site?I know most of you are Officepools guys, which also is a superb site. I just like the quirks this site has.It will post stuff tomorrow like:Zach takes the lead thanks to CrosbySerge leapfrogs into second on a great night by Carter.I dont get some of the stats and why players from the 80s are on a list on the bottom.

Team AJSev:Evgeni MalkinMike GreenJonathan ToewsRyane CloweDaniel BriereRob BlakeDavid BackesMiro SatanScott GomezThomas FleischmanPatrick BerglundAntoine Vermette
Which fuking team are we cheering for? :club:
Which fuking team are we cheering for? :club:
You know the gameplan? Everyone else had the exact same one, so it kinda fell apart. Everyone worth having on San Jose, Detroit and Washington was gone by the 4th round. We should be good though, the only pick I made that I flat out hated (and still hate) is Miro Satan. If Pittsburgh, Washington, San Jose and Chicago make the Conference Finals, we're golden. I don't see a problem hitting 3/4 on that.

Yeah, I didn't get the Miro Satan pick. You know he's been in the AHL since the deadline... although he was called up on Saturday to keep the pressbox warm.He gets in if Sykora dies, I would assume, only.

Yeah, I didn't get the Miro Satan pick. You know he's been in the AHL since the deadline... although he was called up on Saturday to keep the pressbox warm.He gets in if Sykora dies, I would assume, only.
As soon as I hit the enter button I was cursing myself, I don't even know what made me type his name into the box. I would have rather drafted any of the players I took after him in the later rounds in that spot. Mental lapse...I just hope he manages to do something in the playoffs.
You know the gameplan? Everyone else had the exact same one, so it kinda fell apart. Everyone worth having on San Jose, Detroit and Washington was gone by the 4th round. We should be good though, the only pick I made that I flat out hated (and still hate) is Miro Satan. If Pittsburgh, Washington, San Jose and Chicago make the Conference Finals, we're golden. I don't see a problem hitting 3/4 on that.
You won't be golden, you will be positioned to finish in 5th or 4th.