March Madness 2009

and you do know i was just bustin your balls right? funny you brought up the SEC as part of your defense though........standard for a big10er :ts
Yea, I know you post in the UNC thread, so I was just busting yours :club: I actually don't understand why the SEC is so horrid at basketball.
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I know you post in the UNC thread, so I was just busting yours :club: I actually don't understand why the SEC is so horrid at basketball.
because every basketball recruit gets told its a football conference (or that the individual school is a football school). It makes a difference.
because every basketball recruit gets told its a football conference (or that the individual school is a football school). It makes a difference.
Yea, but Florida just won two national championships in basketball recently, you would think that might help out.
Yea, but Florida just won two national championships in basketball recently, you would think that might help out.
just saying in the overall. This is definitely a bad year for SEC basketball compared to regular standards. Other than Kentucky, the SEC is full of football schools and that can dampen recruiting.What UF did was pretty amazing.
Looking forward to the big conference tournaments this week and seeing whose bubbles are bursting.Big East and ACC tournaments should be really good, I'm watching Wake Forest and Marquette closely because they have final four talent but I'm not sure if they can get there now for different reasons. These tournaments should be good indicators of how they will preform under pressure. I'm also hoping for a Kansas/Oklahoma matchup in the Big-12.I think Michigan can lock up a tournament spot with a win over Iowa in the opening round of the Big-10 tournament.
all i got to say is how about michigan state 8th appearance in the last 12 years they r due, don't worry i know they are underdogs
all i got to say is how about michigan state 8th appearance in the last 12 years they r due, don't worry i know they are underdogs
Izzo always has his team preforming well at this time of year, I respect him as a coach I just hate MSU nearly as much as I hate Duke.

all three big east teams win. if they get 5 in the elite eight, can we say they are the best conference? :)ACC suffers further disgrace.....no way around the fact that the ACC was overrated (though, still, UNC is clearly fine and a true contender).Mizzou is fun to watch.

[brag post]I had all four winners today in my elite eight.Up next,LouisvilleUNCKansasSyracusefor the perfect elite eight this year.[/brag post]

all three big east teams win.
Pitt looks weak, Villinova looks like a beast right now. They destroyed UCLA and Duke, and if they play close to that I think they run over Pitt too. They are playing great.
Pitt looks weak, Villinova looks like a beast right now. They destroyed UCLA and Duke, and if they play close to that I think they run over Pitt too. They are playing great.
conference rivals in the postseason....you never know. Plus, I think Nova matched up just right with Duke....whereas they might struggle with Pitt's overly physical style. Plus, I think people are taking Pitt's close wins too seriously. Thats just their way....they dont blow people out. They grind and they win.Should be a great game.

I love this Travis Walton fellow. Can someone fill me in as to what kind of an outside shooter he is? I've never seen him play before.Edit: He only took (5) 3's all year so I'm guessing he can't shoot. I hope it's not Eric Snow v2.

conference rivals in the postseason....you never know. Plus, I think Nova matched up just right with Duke....whereas they might struggle with Pitt's overly physical style. Plus, I think people are taking Pitt's close wins too seriously. Thats just their way....they dont blow people out. They grind and they win.Should be a great game.
Hi, Nova got Blair into foul trouble once earlier this season in a 10 point win. Don't be shocked when Nova does this again. Signed,Someone that picked Nova to win it all. :club:
[brag post]I had all four winners today in my elite eight.Up next,LouisvilleUNCKansasSyracusefor the perfect elite eight this year.[/brag post]
Damn you Kansas and Cuse!
Hi, Nova got Blair into foul trouble once earlier this season in a 10 point win. Don't be shocked when Nova does this again. Signed,Someone that picked Nova to win it all. :club:
good for Nova. it was a great game just as I predicted. I am always glad to see a Big 5 school have success.
Wow wow wow Michigan St with the upset.
It's not that big of an upset, were talking about teams that before the tournament started were ranked 5th and 6th in the country respectively. Never underestimate an Izzo coached team.
It's not that big of an upset, were talking about teams that before the tournament started were ranked 5th and 6th in the country respectively. Never underestimate an Izzo coached team.
I dont think a 2 beating a 1 can ever be considered an upset.Louisville had a SUPER easy run to the elite eight (they beat a 16, a 8, and a 12 I believe) and seemed un-prepared for MSU.
I dont think a 2 beating a 1 can ever be considered an upset.Louisville had a SUPER easy run to the elite eight (they beat a 16, a 8, and a 12 I believe) and seemed un-prepared for MSU.
It was a 16, 9 and 12, but yea I think rolling Arizona so easily really hurt them in preparation for the Spartans. Though Siena gave them a good game in the round of 32, that team may have been lowballed on seeding.
No, not a big upset, but still an upset. They beat the overall number 1 seed and were about a 7 point dog. The public is heavy on UConn so far, so I might be looking to book them at +4.
Really depends on the teams playing each other. If Oklahoma had beat UNC, I'd consider that an upset too.

I'm really surprised that Memphis' coach just took the job at Kentucky. Really surprised.