Hockey Hall Of Fame Poker Tourney

I really don't want to do that, because I don't want anyone disappointed if someone doesnt confirm.Some of the celebs we have contacted who are tentative include Pete Mahovlich, Gerry Cheevers, GSP, a whack of leaf players and alumni, an oiler who wore # 11, and some others...
Pick #1 GSPPick #2 #11Pick #3 Salming?
  • Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick #1 GSPPick #2 #11Pick #3 Salming?
Again, none of these three are firm. And, btw.... there is some kind of a pledge raising program that will give the top 5 fundraisers first pick of their celeb...
Again, none of these three are firm. And, btw.... there is some kind of a pledge raising program that will give the top 5 fundraisers first pick of their celeb...
Ok how about:Pick #1 SergePick #2 DalePick #3 Zach
I still haven't got my confirmation e-mail back yet from Toni :club:
As Chris said a couple pages back, if your name is in red on the first page (as yours is), you're good to go.
Who is the favorite to do the best in the tourny? I will say Zach. The worst I will go with myself.
Definitely not me. I hate tournaments, so I play like 2 per year.Troyomac is a better tourney player, for sure.This whole thing is going to be a crapshoot anyways, lol. Like, this is gonna be a 200+ person tourney in like 4 hours, amirite?Gonna be a super turbo, which will make it a lot of fun, but skill won't have much to do with it. :club:
Definitely not me. I hate tournaments, so I play like 2 per year.Troyomac is a better tourney player, for sure.This whole thing is going to be a crapshoot anyways, lol. Like, this is gonna be a 200+ person tourney in like 4 hours, amirite?Gonna be a super turbo, which will make it a lot of fun, but skill won't have much to do with it. :club:
My feeling.
Who is the favorite to do the best in the tourny? I will say Zach. The worst I will go with myself.
I feel I have the best chance to go deep in this. Not only do I consider myself a very good player, however I have played in several of these type of tourney, and played with these sort of celebrities (if not the same ones)I GUARANTEE i will last longest and be willing to put some money on it.I think it would be really fun if everyone threw in an extra $10-$20 to a pot and the person who last longest grabs it..You donks(zach and ray) have no shot...Especially since there is a pre VIP party that we will attend with booze...Before the cards are in the air Zach will be DRUNK and Ray will be joining him...I on the other hand will have a beer but will be scoping out the competition.The fun and games dont begin for me till after I am ousted...And the only way I get ousted in these things is when I take a bad beat....Typically am a minimum 3-1 favourite when I get my money in.
Serge, nitting it up is not the optimal strategy in this thing. :ts
I have the perfect strategy...Its not nitting it up and its not being a loose donk..I cant disclose it though.. :club:

Due to my profession, I am a brutal player. So I am up to donating $20 to a winner take all who lasts the longest pool. BTW get there early for the pre party, I don't drink so it will give me a slight edge.

Last shorter bet?
Gonna be a super turbo, which will make it a lot of fun, but skill won't have much to do with it. :club:
then again, maybe I do have a shot. we should have a pool on who lasts longest in this tourney, we each rank the FCP players and assign points based on the ones who last longest.come on, isnt this what degenerates like us love to do? gamble on gambling?
Last shorter bet? then again, maybe I do have a shot. we should have a pool on who lasts longest in this tourney, we each rank the FCP players and assign points based on the ones who last longest.come on, isnt this what degenerates like us love to do? gamble on gambling?
This...I am totally up for this..Is everyone ok with a $20 entry fee.?
Yeah total crapshoot, should be a blast though! I'll be sitting out once a round running to the bathroom and back making room for more beer.
lol..btw...Last year I walk into the RIO to scope out the action...I run into Ray who has made it pretty deep in a Omaha tourney(think it was Omaha). We exchange hellos and then i notice he is sitting next to the great Phil Hellmuth. I think playing against Eddie Shack and Phil Hellmuth is a little different.. :club:
Yeah total crapshoot, should be a blast though! I'll be sitting out once a round running to the bathroom and back making room for more beer.
Do they allow drinking in the Great Hall? Or do I need to bring my own flask?