Seriously suffered from fps with this hand. Tried to get trappy with the intention of raising big on the river. No read on villiain.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopUTG+1 ($9.20)MP1 ($2.40)MP2 ($8.40)MP3 ($10.90)CO ($1.85)Button ($10.25)SB ($6)Villain (BB) ($2)Hero (UTG) ($11.35)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :ts, A :4hHero bets $0.30, 7 folds, Villain calls $0.20Flop: ($0.65) 9 :club:, 9 :3h, 7 :qh(2 players)Villain checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.65) 10 :D(2 players)Villain bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30River: ($1.25) 10 :5c(2 players)Villain bets $0.30, Hero ???I have under represented my hand and getting 5:1 - is this a call?

You only have to have the best hand 20% of the time here to call. Flushes, straights, boats all beat you...and it's hard to believe a naked 7 would bet the river, although what a stupid bet by the villain. If you think villain/the table is passive enough to call you will JJ/QQ/KK preflop instead of reraise (at least 20% of the time), it's a call, otherwise you beat nothing and should save your money.

But muck your hand if you're beat! You don't want to be showing pocket rockets after playing it that way.
Thats the beauty of online, we can check hh's and see our opponents murder hands.
Anything we beat, the villain murdered just as badly.
True. But what is that? PP he should never show up with given the action? Villain's line looks like its for value.
Anything we beat, the villain murdered just as badly.
True. But what is that? PP he should never show up with given the action? Villain's line looks like its for value.

Double your post. Double your fun.

raise bigger pf.. 4x-5x preferablyc-bet flop.. you are HU in position.. villains tend to float paired flops alot because they think u are FOS.. You need to get value from your hand here. Sure there are plenty of blanks that may fall on the turn and villain may lead, but you pretty much turn your hand face up when you wait until then to raise. Plus as good of a flop as this is for you, its still pretty drawy and alot of bad turn cards will shut you down. I say bet 1/2-2/3 pot on flop.

You only have to have the best hand 20% of the time here to call. Flushes, straights, boats all beat you...and it's hard to believe a naked 7 would bet the river, although what a stupid bet by the villain. If you think villain/the table is passive enough to call you will JJ/QQ/KK preflop instead of reraise (at least 20% of the time), it's a call, otherwise you beat nothing and should save your money.
This was my line of thinking - table wasn't that passive, so I think a big pocket pair would have reraised and I couldn't think of anything else that I could beat, so I folded.After the hand it occurred to me that I played my hand so passively that any ace or even KQ might try to push me off what appeared to be AK, or something like pocket 8's, or even believe they had the best hand.
Don't do this ^^^^^^
Yeah - bad habits resurfacing after a couple of months break. This hand gave me a good reminder of why we don't do this.