Designated Franchise Player

A team can designate any UFA as their franchise player. A franchised player gets paid the average of the top 5 players at their position on a 1 year contract. They can be signed away by another team at the cost of 2 1st round picks. Google would probably give a better answer but that is the jist of it.

can you please explain to me what it means to live in a world without 'google'?
**** off.
lolz, beat me to the punch
**** off.
A team can designate any UFA as their franchise player. A franchised player gets paid the average of the top 5 players at their position on a 1 year contract. They can be signed away by another team at the cost of 2 1st round picks. Google would probably give a better answer but that is the jist of it.
Thank you.
So you don't know what a franchise player is either.
wrong, sir. wrong. i know what a franchise player is. i know what it takes to sign that player away and i know about the salary ramifications. i know these things because i follow football and i live in america, a land of freedom. but you wouldnt understand that, would you?
wrong, sir. wrong. i know what a franchise player is. i know what it takes to sign that player away and i know about the salary ramifications. i know these things because i follow football and i live in america, a land of freedom. but you wouldnt understand that, would you?
Sorry, I don't understand.

the franchise (and transition) tag is proof that the football labor union is weak.Baseball has had true free agency for decades.....football still does not.

the franchise (and transition) tag is proof that the football labor union is weak.Baseball has had true free agency for decades.....football still does not.
One of several reasons that the NFL is the #1 sport in the country, with a long, strong future to look forward to.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salariesBaseball is in amazing shape. Parity is for punks. [/sw] In baseball the smallest team salary is 10% of the largest.http://content.usatoday.com/sports/footbal....aspx?year=2008Football's lowest team salary is close to 55% of the largest.