Folding Aces On A Paired Board

This is not a Bad Beat Post. Please give me your analysis :I walk to my $1/$2 NLHE table with $200 and sit down on the big blind.I am dealt into my first hand at the table immediately and have :club::3h .3 players limp and the Small Blind completes.There is $10 in the pot.I recognize one limper as a standard player that likes to push people around. Otherwise, I have no reads on anyone.I make it $15 more to go. One limper folds, 2 limpers call, and the Small Blind calls.There is now $70 in the pot (minus rake).The flop is :5c:D :D .The Small Blind Checks.I am initially nervous because it is four handed. There can easily be a set out there as well as one of the limpers holding QT. I come down to either betting $85 (a little over pot) or going all in. I bet out $85. One Limper folds, the regular calls, and the Small Blind calls.Both callers called instantly. - Ugh -Turn is :ts and the Small blind insta-shoves. He has me covered.At this point it is clear that he hit Trips. Should I even consider calling in this situation? I have neither a flush or straight redraw to try and improve. The late position limper also has me covered as well and he could have the T just as easily as the Small Blind.I fold after about 90 seconds of going back and forther whether or not he is bluffing. It's been my experience that this scenario almost never involves a bluff from anyone but a maniac.The Limper makes the call and turns over :D :D while the small blind triumphantly turns over :4h:qh . OMG, T6o... Really ?!Anyways, before folding I show the girl next to me my Aces (so someone else could share in my pain).Of course an Ace peels off on the river that would have given me the bigger full house and the girl next to me acts like she just won the lottery ( WTF ?).The end result aside, did I make the right fold? I was clearly beat, and I see no reason to throw $100 more into a pot hoping to catch a bigger full house. It just hurt to see the Ace fall on the river.

Did you even read the first line that I wrote? I'm not whining about losing. I am posing a legitimate scenario and would like an intelligent response.
True. But don't include results. Don't kick off your post with "this isn't a bad beat but..." because people automatically think bbfisdts. Give your reads and the situation, followed by the actions of your opponents. This hand should have ended with "villains shoves the turn" can I call? (Or words to that effect). Then people can give him a range, lots of scenarios where your mathematically correct to call etc.As it stands, we know what happened, what everyone held at showdown and the fact you would have won had you stuck around. It does read like a BB post.As played though. I think its a pretty standard fold vs 2 players. HU idk, it's slightly tougher and probably read dependent on whether villain would shove Qx or the missed club draw there.
At this point it is clear that he hit Trips. Should I even consider calling in this situation? I have neither a flush or straight redraw to try and improve. The late position limper also has me covered as well and he could have the T just as easily as the Small Blind.The end result aside, did I make the right fold? I was clearly beat, and I see no reason to throw $100 more into a pot hoping to catch a bigger full house.
You see the problem right. You tell us its clear he has trips, and then ask if you should fold. Either you don't actually think he hit trips, or this is a bad beat thread. Pretty sure you can work out the odds for drawing to 2 outs.
True. But don't include results. Don't kick off your post with "this isn't a bad beat but..." because people automatically think bbfisdts. Give your reads and the situation, followed by the actions of your opponents. This hand should have ended with "villains shoves the turn" can I call? (Or words to that effect). Then people can give him a range, lots of scenarios where your mathematically correct to call etc.As it stands, we know what happened, what everyone held at showdown and the fact you would have won had you stuck around. It does read like a BB post.As played though. I think its a pretty standard fold vs 2 players. HU idk, it's slightly tougher and probably read dependent on whether villain would shove Qx or the missed club draw there.
If it were HU pre-flop all the way, I'm not going anywhere. But since it started out with 4 of us seeing the flop, there were just too many combinations.Thanks for the advice on how to post my hands from now on.

I'm okay with your post type....but I guess it's because I subscribe to the theory that if someone doesn't like the format you post in, they can just ship themselves out of the thread.....rather than the constant riot act initiation. Granted I get the "informative basis" of how people are "supposed" to post in this forum. But to each their own i guess.Anyways, of course you made the right call. If you "know" a guy's got you drawing to two outs, there's nary a situation you wouldn't fold. This obviously has all to do with your read though. I know there's a bevy of situations that I make ridiculous folds that prove to be right in B&M games that I could never do when playing online. There's a lot ot be said about instinct and the live game.I think the threadcrapper(s) point is that you've already told us you made the right call, and explained how and why your fold was right, leaving nothing to really be discussed.Good play. Good luck ongoing.

In that situation, I don't think you had any other option than to fold, like you say, you knew you where behind and therefore made the right move.One thing however, maybe if you had pushed more pre-flop and gone straight in with a large over bet you could of put the :club::ts off calling, then should the :4h:5c call and hit the straight on the river as such you would have been in for a big payout with your Full House.
This thread MUST be stickied. The OP is a working definition of what not to post, and ^this^ is the most perfect and complete example of results based thinking I think I've ever seen.Seriously, it's a perfect template of how not to post a thread, and it includes a perfect example of why it's a problem.
This thread MUST be stickied. The OP is a working definition of what not to post, and ^this^ is the most perfect and complete example of results based thinking I think I've ever seen.Seriously, it's a perfect template of how not to post a thread, and it includes a perfect example of why it's a problem.
.......damn.....that's a good point.It's amazing the foresight one can have knowing a 2 outer is going to hit on the river filling a straight and making a nut boat. I still contend that people can just opt to not participate in a thread if it's not published to their liking....but I do admit that your quoted response is a problematic result of the OP. But seriously though, if someone's response is THAT results based, how valid would the person's response be even if the OP was masked.BUT.........I get what OP was going for, in that the question is that generally speaking, can one fold rockets in that situation on the turn. And the answer is an emphatic "yes". And the basis for folding is exactly the chain reaction that went into his head as the hand played out. I think that's the question here, and it can be answered with the hand results played out. If the villian ended up having A Q or something, even though the result would have been a "bad laydown", the same answer would apply that one CAN definitely fold A A in this situation. An answer can be given regardless of outcome being posted. As for response(s) making a river-knowing decision on a turn play.....like I say, I'd be hard pressed to take advice from that person even if the result WASN'T posted.
.......damn.....that's a good point.It's amazing the foresight one can have knowing a 2 outer is going to hit on the river filling a straight and making a nut boat. I still contend that people can just opt to not participate in a thread if it's not published to their liking....but I do admit that your quoted response is a problematic result of the OP. But seriously though, if someone's response is THAT results based, how valid would the person's response be even if the OP was masked.
You should read the Forum Posting Guidelines, which you clearly have not. They are stickied at the top of each strategy forum, luckily enough, including this one. Someone put a bunch of work and effort, and tons of experience into those guidelines (I dunno who) and each guideline has a reason.If you choose to disagree, that's fine, but any threads you chose to make (or anyone, for that matter) that do not follow the guidelines (ie, include results, not formatted properly, are evident bad beat posts) will simply be locked and/or deleted.It's not up to the people reading your posts to not reply if they don't like the answer. If you post a thread, it's because you are ASKING for help. We simply ask that you present your question (bad beat posts are NOT questions) in a standardized manner, and that you follow a few simple rules so that the people willing to give up their time and help a complete stranger free of charge, can do so easily, and objectively.Doesn't seem that difficult to simply follow a few guidelines, does it?
You should read the Forum Posting Guidelines, which you clearly have not. They are stickied at the top of each strategy forum, luckily enough, including this one. Someone put a bunch of work and effort, and tons of experience into those guidelines (I dunno who) and each guideline has a reason.If you choose to disagree, that's fine, but any threads you chose to make (or anyone, for that matter) that do not follow the guidelines (ie, include results, not formatted properly, are evident bad beat posts) will simply be locked and/or deleted.It's not up to the people reading your posts to not reply if they don't like the answer. If you post a thread, it's because you are ASKING for help. We simply ask that you present your question (bad beat posts are NOT questions) in a standardized manner, and that you follow a few simple rules so that the people willing to give up their time and help a complete stranger free of charge, can do so easily, and objectively.Doesn't seem that difficult to simply follow a few guidelines, does it?
I didnt read the guidelines at first. And my first post wasnt the best. I was flamed really bad. God I was flamed. I got raped and peed on. It was ugly. But I learned my lesson fast and now everybody likes me. :club: