Vote At Change.gov For Online Poker

I'm pretty sure someone made a thread already about this several weeks ago, but thanks for the heads up.
I think that was just to post comments. This is actually voting it up. Everyone that hasn't done this, needs to go do it.
I'm pretty sure someone made a thread already about this several weeks ago, but thanks for the heads up.
I think that was just to post comments. This is actually voting it up. Everyone that hasn't done this, needs to go do it.
Yeah, this one is different. It's actually talking about legalizing it. The other issues posted probably caused this one.
if anyone can find a link to the 'top issues' on the site, i've been looking to that at no avail(also, i voted :club: )
Click on Most Popular under Economy.Then vote all of them but ours Down.
LOL. I went to do this and then ended up voting a couple of the options up. :)It won't matter in a couple hours, anyway. The poker one will blow by the others.

anyone think this will actually make a difference? I'm really not knowledgable on politcs etc. but wouldnt this extra tax revenue be great for the government right now if they were to tax online poker? I mean I realize its not a huge revenue, but its still something.

anyone think this will actually make a difference? I'm really not knowledgable on politcs etc. but wouldnt this extra tax revenue be great for the government right now if they were to tax online poker? I mean I realize its not a huge revenue, but its still something.
YesWhere else can the gov. gain new revenue? For one small sector it's a lot of untapped possible tax money.If the idea to legalize poker is framed as a new way to generate revenue in these tough economic times than the chances of something getting passed are greatly increased.
maybe i'm a complete idiot, but i can't find it, can you link me?
While I really want online poker to be legalized (I voted, btw), he has bigger fish to fry first
Agreed, but the economy is one of his big "fish to fry." Like Fluffdog said, any new way of pumping new revenue into the economy couldn't hurt one bit.

Voted. I think any of those with high point values and that are written coherently will have a decent shot. There are a lot of nonsense ideas on this site, I wish some of these were grouped together, but that would take too much work I assume.

So if this passes and online poker becomes 'legal'...How will the US government gain from this?No online company is going to move their operation to America where they would be taxed at 35% of profits, when they can stay on the Isle of Man and get taxed 10%Having a legal recourse just adds extra work for our court systems, not really going to profit the government for sueing UB for letting people cheat.It already is entitled to 37% of the income of any US citizen who brings the money into the US ( at least the real winners )So where is the profit at for the government?