I've got three kids, each with completely separate eating habits. It's got little to do with what parents stick in front of them and much to do with genetic preferences. Within that preference, it is a parent's job to teach them to be healthy, but the notion that if we just stick lettuce and carrots in front of our kids they will magically be thin and muscular is silly.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WIC is a program that gives coupons out for free food but only certain foods like milk, eggs, cereal (non-sugar sweetened variaty) oatmeal, etc. And our state and most states I'm aware of don't let food stamps be used for soft drinks or snack foods. Which is the way it should be.

The whole point is that the sort of "children" who are most impacted by this sort of thing are usually the genetic continuance of the sort of human refuse that should've been aborted from the outset.Go right on ahead and "feel for the children".I know what those "children" are going to grow up and become.Rodents don't give birth to birds.
Your "whole point" isnt even close to being accurate.
The whole point is that the sort of "children" who are most impacted by this sort of thing are usually the genetic continuance of the sort of human refuse that should've been aborted from the outset.Go right on ahead and "feel for the children".I know what those "children" are going to grow up and become.Rodents don't give birth to birds.
"Given enough time..."; crowtrobot

This all of course ignores the real person responsible for the obesity problem among children...Algore The internet and computer games have resulted in more sedentary lifestyles and global warming feermongering has kept the minivans sitting in the driveway instead of driving kids to organized sports.And you idiots gave him a Nobel prize

This all of course ignores the real person responsible for the obesity problem among children...Algore The internet and computer games have resulted in more sedentary lifestyles and global warming feermongering has kept the minivans sitting in the driveway instead of driving kids to organized sports.And you idiots gave him a Nobel prize
I'd be quicker to point to Bush and the economy. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to put a child into hockey. With equipment (that you have to replace every year because they grow out of it) and registration its well over $1000. Its completely unrealistic at this point in time to expect parents to be able to take 1 or more kids to several different sports. To even afford that they would have to work more than time would allow to even drive kids anywhere.
I'd be quicker to point to Stephan Harper and the economy. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to put a child into hockey. With equipment (that you have to replace every year because they grow out of it) and registration its well over $1000. Its completely unrealistic at this point in time to expect parents to be able to take 1 or more kids to several different sports. To even afford that they would have to work more than time would allow to even drive kids anywhere.
FYPWe don't do Hockey in the USofA
Football = same deal. Read between the lines instead of taking things a certain way on purpose just to argue
Welcome, new guy.
WIC is a program that gives coupons out for free food but only certain foods like milk, eggs, cereal (non-sugar sweetened variaty) oatmeal, etc. And our state and most states I'm aware of don't let food stamps be used for soft drinks or snack foods. Which is the way it should be.
Pretty sure there is no regulation on junk food for Food Stamps. It just cant be booze, tobacco or taxable food (so maybe that's how they get around the soft drinks)
Football = same deal. Read between the lines instead of taking things a certain way on purpose just to argue
Yeah, Balloon guy!Also, it doesn't cost anywhere near $1,000 to play youth sports.
You are right, Bush is responsible for there being no more youth sports.I don't know what in the world I was thinking :club: I think my parents let me watch too much television and get my facts from there.Oh wait...that would be you.
Try cheer leading. It's like3-4 grand a year.
$700 is just in tissues to keep up with Molly Simpson who blosomed at like 11 and wore C cups in Junior High.I hate Molly Simpson
I'd be quicker to point to Bush and the economy. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to put a child into hockey. With equipment (that you have to replace every year because they grow out of it) and registration its well over $1000. Its completely unrealistic at this point in time to expect parents to be able to take 1 or more kids to several different sports. To even afford that they would have to work more than time would allow to even drive kids anywhere.
You could most definitely be quicker. Don't mistake that for being correct, though. Also, so much for common sense and sacrifice. Tell the kid to take up boxing. 30 bucks for gloves and done.
You are right, Bush is responsible for there being no more youth sports.I don't know what in the world I was thinking :club: I think my parents let me watch too much television and get my facts from there.Oh wait...that would be you.
just like al gore is responsible right?And apparently i watch too much television because thats where i get news?
It's not genetic continuance though, it's parenting. Children being born to terrible parents are being born terrible children, they're becoming them because of the terrible parenting they receive.
I've got three kids, each with completely separate eating habits. It's got little to do with what parents stick in front of them and much to do with genetic preferences. Within that preference, it is a parent's job to teach them to be healthy, but the notion that if we just stick lettuce and carrots in front of our kids they will magically be thin and muscular is silly.
This is not true at all
You could most definitely be quicker. Don't mistake that for being correct, though. Also, so much for common sense and sacrifice. Tell the kid to take up boxing. 30 bucks for gloves and done.
So does that kid shadow box or just hope they get the bag or gym membership from Santa Claus? I am guessing sports are about the same cost to those parents as all of the video games they buy their little precious snowflakes....oops....big precious snowflakes.

You know, I just read the blog. Interesting that he doesn't realize that there are just as many societies who have seen being fat as a status symbol. It's another example of elitist thinking, must conform to X and X and be X or X, or you are an unfit mother, father, etc. What the hell happened to live and let live? Freedom of choice? Right now there are literally millions of kids worldwide who if they had a KFC combo would bite the shit out of it, with a smile. Religion can be dangerous, should we ban that to? How about bicycles? 2 wheels on a frame hurtling down the street, that's got to end. How about monkey bars? Why not just ban all foods not approved as healthy or life sustaining, but why stop there? Cigarettes. Booze. Kids shouldn't get ahold of them but they do, we should just eliminate it. After all, it's bad parenting to keep a bottle around. I am at the point with this liberal bullshit of just waiting for that call to rise up and start chucking shoes at mother****ers. Seriously, we have lost our damn sense of purpose as a country if this is actually a ****ing debate.

It's not genetic continuance though, it's parenting. Children being born to terrible parents are being born terrible children, they're becoming them because of the terrible parenting they receive. This is not true at all
Hi. Generalize much? Self-responsibility not an option? My mother in law is a trainwreck of a parent but her daughters turned out fine. Stubborn as ****, but fine. There is a point where a child becomes an adult and chooses right and wrong, or for this conversation what that adult wants. As far as the genetics goes, you are as wrong as you can be. Genetics does play a role. I hate carrots. They taste nasty. My daughter loves the taste, and she hates gravy. I now question if I am her father, because everyone knows that gravy rocks. She came that way. We had nothing to do with it, past our genetic makeup. There have been numerous studies done on this, you can influence to a point, and then what and who they are takes over.
You know, I just read the blog. Interesting that he doesn't realize that there are just as many societies who have seen being fat as a status symbol. It's another example of elitist thinking, must conform to X and X and be X or X, or you are an unfit mother, father, etc. What the hell happened to live and let live? Freedom of choice? Right now there are literally millions of kids worldwide who if they had a KFC combo would bite the shit out of it, with a smile. Religion can be dangerous, should we ban that to? How about bicycles? 2 wheels on a frame hurtling down the street, that's got to end. How about monkey bars? Why not just ban all foods not approved as healthy or life sustaining, but why stop there? Cigarettes. Booze. Kids shouldn't get ahold of them but they do, we should just eliminate it. After all, it's bad parenting to keep a bottle around. I am at the point with this liberal bullshit of just waiting for that call to rise up and start chucking shoes at mother****ers. Seriously, we have lost our damn sense of purpose as a country if this is actually a ****ing debate.
Thats not what hes trying to say whatsoever. And surprise.. we DONT live in a place where obesity is a status symbol. And just because its a status symbol doesnt mean its healthy at all. its a fact you will die younger if youre obese, so if youd rather your elite status but die at age 40 or younger then so be it. Your other points are equally meaningless.. bicycle accidents, and morbid obesities have no similarities. sure a kid in africa would love KFC but poverty and starvation arent the issue either. Why not try to improve our lives where we live?
Its an interesting debate. I mean, if starving your kid is a crime, shouldn't stuffing their faces with crap be as well?
it can be. search youtube for news videos about amanada the fattest girl alive. her parents were court ordered to do all sorts of stuff. they let her get so fat she could hardly breath and had to crawl because she couldn't walk anymore.
Right on, while you're at it offer your child some heroin too. Sure, he may not understand what it is, but hey, that's true freedom right?