Brian Burke: Building Of A Champion

Brian Burke: "This is Toronto. Two games under .500 and it's November. I'm surprised they haven't called out the militia."

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hock...article1796699/Transcrip of Burke's comments..More fodder for Arp...I believe everything Burke says..Everything has a purpose and meaning..I love you Brian.
Man, I like those comments. Seriously, I think youd be hard pressed to find me ever dissing Burke. Some of his moves I may disagree with, but I really like him and what he says. Stand up guy.And Ill be the first to admit, he knows more than I do. Simple as that. But I still wouldnt have called him up.The only thing is, the line between "saviour" and "spark" gets really blurry for most Leafs fans who have their goggles on.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Brian,Just want to say thank you for not listening to any of the crap from the media..Everyone had buried Ron Wilson and suggested you should fire him..You on the other hand are a genious and thats why we love you..I know the next tough decision you have is the goaltending. I know whatever you guys decide it will be the right one..Thanks again Brian for making our lives more exciting during this recent winning streak. Good luck in Phoenix and ill see you on Saturday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Funny fake Brian Burke Tweets:BrianBurkeGM Brian Burke Last time I checked we were the best damn team in the league. Mind you, that was last Friday. I don't ever intend on checking again BrianBurkeGM Brian Burke Nazem Kadri's dad calls me 3 times a day asking when his son's going to be called up. I just laugh, scream NEVER!! and hang up. #LeafsBrianBurkeGM Brian Burke I had no idea Connolly had a record of injury problems in Buffalo. No idea! But now that I've Googled him I can see that. My bad.BrianBurkeGM Brian Burke Congrats to Tyler Seguin on being named NHL 1st star of the month. Whats that? It was Kessel? Damn right it was bitches! I'm awesome! #Leafs

• 5 months later...
I was just wondering how the building of a champion was going.
I think it has a 7am tee time at Pebble Beach this morning. Darcy Regier and Pierre Gauthier are also in the foursome.
  • 8 months later...

If the Leafs end up winning the Cup in the next couple of years(ok stop laughing,IF I said) , Brian Burke should get all the credit. I dont think Nonis will make many drastic changes. Unless he gets Luongo and thats the deciding factor.

This whole firing just smells very wrong ...He is still part of the organization as an advisor. His staff is still running the team. He built this team and from what it looks like the core that he put together will stay.

This was not a hockey decision in my mind, but a personality decision.

I hope these rumours of Brian Burke having a love child with Hazel Mae are true. If not, Kudos to whoever dreamt up that rumour, excellent stuff.

I have heard more than a few of these types of rumours about Brian Burke. Some from very credible sources..But Its hard to believe that an NHL execuitive loses his job because of something like this.