Hey Daniel is there anyway you could give us a heads up a couple of minutes before you start a session so that some FCPers can get a shot to play with you? Im just saying, it would be really cool etc.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so I'm starting with $10 and playing ring game NL hold'em online at PokerStars. A few rules:1. I won't move up in limits unless I have 500 big blinds for that limit. I'm starting at $0.01-$0.02 w

Posted Images

Hey Daniel is there anyway you could give us a heads up a couple of minutes before you start a session so that some FCPers can get a shot to play with you? Im just saying, it would be really cool etc.
This!
:club: what's the reason for doing a challenge like this in ring games and not SNG's?
If I did it only in SNG's would you have asked why I didn't do this playing cash? LOL, I had no interest in SNG's at all at any point. You have to play those out to the end and with the cash games I can quit whenever.

Interesting thing happened, i wanted to asked Daniel one question ,but i never found this forum, so i have tried search in skype, and lot of Daniel Negreanus are there, so now i am really happy now because i can follow all things here.I am watching Your challenge every time You play and i wish You best luck:)Probably I sound like some teenage kid but you are my poker hero and i wish i know what Hellmuth told You(in PAD) after cameras were off, he was really pissed off:)Best luck Daniel, sorry for bothering on skype about add.PS. Sorry for my bad english,hope U understood.

Hey Daniel, you doing this challenge gave me the idea to do the same, but instead of NL Hold'em games I'm playing PLO H/L games. Started it up today on UB after my bankroll fell to 8.11 by making stupid bets, and playing over my bankroll. My first session I went to .05/.10 PLO8 with a $5 buyin and left with 11.64, then dropped down to .01/.02 PLO8 and started following your guidelines. Right now I've got it up to 17.36. Hopefully I can work up my bankroll just like you do with NL Hold'em. Good Luck with getting up to the $3-$6 games, or even better getting your bankroll up higher. squ1rrels (on FTP, UB, SC, PS, Doyle's Room, _squ1rrels_ on AP)

Hey Daniel, you doing this challenge gave me the idea to do the same, but instead of NL Hold'em games I'm playing PLO H/L games. Started it up today on UB after my bankroll fell to 8.11 by making stupid bets, and playing over my bankroll. My first session I went to .05/.10 PLO8 with a $5 buyin and left with 11.64, then dropped down to .01/.02 PLO8 and started following your guidelines. Right now I've got it up to 17.36. Hopefully I can work up my bankroll just like you do with NL Hold'em. Good Luck with getting up to the $3-$6 games, or even better getting your bankroll up higher. squ1rrels (on FTP, UB, SC, PS, Doyle's Room, _squ1rrels_ on AP)
Really? I guess I just don't get how anyone can play there or AP. You have so many choices, why would you want to support a site that was involved in such corruption?
Really? I guess I just don't get how anyone can play there or AP.
Because anybody else with half a brain wouldn't play there.
Really? I guess I just don't get how anyone can play there or AP. You have so many choices, why would you want to support a site that was involved in such corruption?
gotta be a level Daniel. How do u know Stars did not have any leak at the beginning and they just hide it from being public. And after that, isn't it possible that UB is now cleaner than any other site??? Maybe it's even more secure than Stars and Tilt after they fixed those leaks. This is obviously part of the "let's rip on PH" stuff
Hmm... iI guess I haven't really been paying much attention to the poker news this past year. I guess you suggest I should go play on some REAL site like Poker Stars. And that would be a better site to do my bankroll build up on, right. Anywho seeing how I'm on a Mac, and the UB software sucks when it comes to tournaments, meaning the only types of tournaments you could play in would be Hold'em an not the REAL man games such as mixed games or Omaha. Maybe I'll see you at the table if I went over to PS. Well one could hope, but your doing your bankroll on NL Hold'em and I'm doing it on PLO. Next time I can get money in I'll put it in PS.
gotta be a level Daniel. How do u know Stars did not have any leak at the beginning and they just hide it from being public. And after that, isn't it possible that UB is now cleaner than any other site??? Maybe it's even more secure than Stars and Tilt after they fixed those leaks. This is obviously part of the "let's rip on PH" stuff
To me, it's more than ripping on Phil Hellmuth.It's not supporting a site that dragged its feet in the "investigation", and only caught wise to everything went players started their own research to the super user(s) that played there. In the aftermath, they should have been completely transparent by sending out hand histories to anyone that requested them (a few players just received them last month), and held everyone accountable.What we got was a press release saying what we already knew - people on UB cheated.What's worse, the celebrities that represent said network didn't stand for honesty and integrity. They just kept their mouths shut. Even for just a show, the celebrity players should have said something tangible, preached against how they hated that their company cheated people out of large sums of money, and tried to right the ship. However, I think they knew who was responsible and didn't want to pile on. I have no personal knowledge in this and it's just my perception.But perceptions are real when nothing else is offered. Why support a company (even with the ownership change) that has this huge black mark against it? Why reward them for incompetence or worse lack of ethics?There is nothing that would entice me to play at UB/AP - ever.
To me, it's more than ripping on Phil Hellmuth.It's not supporting a site that dragged its feet in the "investigation", and only caught wise to everything went players started their own research to the super user(s) that played there. In the aftermath, they should have been completely transparent by sending out hand histories to anyone that requested them (a few players just received them last month), and held everyone accountable.What we got was a press release saying what we already knew - people on UB cheated.What's worse, the celebrities that represent said network didn't stand for honesty and integrity. They just kept their mouths shut. Even for just a show, the celebrity players should have said something tangible, preached against how they hated that their company cheated people out of large sums of money, and tried to right the ship. However, I think they knew who was responsible and didn't want to pile on. I have no personal knowledge in this and it's just my perception.But perceptions are real when nothing else is offered. Why support a company (even with the ownership change) that has this huge black mark against it? Why reward them for incompetence or worse lack of ethics?There is nothing that would entice me to play at UB/AP - ever.
It was even worse than that.Russ Hamilton has been named as cheating players. He was one of the owners and was in a senior position there.
(even with the ownership change)
They say that there has been an ownership change.
It was even worse than that.Russ Hamilton has been named as cheating players. He was one of the owners and was in a senior position there.They say that there has been an ownership change.
Yeah. With Russ Hamilton winning the 1994 WSOP Main Event. Even Mike Matusow called him out saying that he was taking millions from him

Daniel I saw it asked previously and maybe you overlooked it. Can you give a heads up any chance at least within a few hours of time(or a day) you expect to play these micros or is that just not even something you care to answer. I would love to shadow you, I don't care about the chat box and I would imagine you would have to turn it off or ignore it. You're a good guy and I like to see you play. You always have the best attitude. I'm glad for all your accomplishments. :club:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel,how do you control yourself and your game when someone chases you down to the river and beats you at last with a river card holding 2-7 or any other trash cards in his hand? and what are you doing if this happens more than 5 times during the session?playing micro/low limits is difficult in a manner that everybody tends to call you with anyhing in his hand and sometimes beats you with a surprize river card. this happens to me a lot, so I decided to change my game to Limit Holdem in order to minimize my losses in surprize river cards.Please, I want to know what you are thinking in this case.By the way, the foreword for the Swayne's Advanced Degree in Holdem is quite right and good. I have read everybody except you, coz I didn't have a chance to get your book, but I read almost all of others and Swayne's Advanced Degree in Holdem is totally different from them.

Not at all, I update the original post all the time. I just played a session today and will continue to all year long.
thanks for the clarification.....i know you've stated that before. :ts are you willing to give a "grade" to your experiment after a year? is it taking longer than you had hoped because you aren't going at it "full-time", or is this just the way micro limits goes? sure seems like an awful lot of work for $140 profit. :club: for the average novice player with a $100 bankroll. would you rather they pursue this micro path or try tourneys using the same buy-in rules? seems like the goal would be easier to obtain via tourneys just based on the higher payouts.good luck on hitting your marks this year!jon

Whats up daniel. I decided to follow you in the challenge.. At 30 bux now. Was just curious to know if you have found any difference in the micro limit levels yet, or as "the mouth" would put it are they all just pretty much donks. Would like to know what i should expect. ty

Hey Dan the Man... That was a beatin' you took on the table tonight... sad to see... Anyway, I am following in your footsteps... I started your challenge 3 days ago and am already at $29.77 BR following every single rule.I'm pretty stoked and look forward to shadowing you while your online (doubt I'll ever get through the waiting list of 128 people, lol, but maybe someday we shall be at the same table.Well, sorry about your loss again this evening... But keep rocking it KidPoker!Cheers,Moe :club: