How's The Weather?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 early this morning. Didn't check what is was the rest of the day. I've been inside playing $4.40's and Guitar Hero with the kids all day.Snow has melted so no sledding with the kids.

4c or 39f, most of the snow was melted from all the rain but we still have some.brag away gatorTom and hollywoodScott

Freak weather here.Warm to freezing ass sub zero back to relatively warm (40'ish) and soon back to freezing. The roads have been solid sheets of ice.It's worth it, though. St. Auggy Dog is nice and warm, however, it's a tourist trap completely lacking worthwhile things to do once you've done the Lighthouse/Fort/St. George thing. Great place to visit, banal hell unless your life is surfing. It isn't even quaint anymore. Kiboshing fires on the beach will stand as the very moment the soul of the town died.

MeUnless she's talking about NutzWho's Tom?
gatortom I was slacking

Today is the 16th day of snow in December. With today's snow we are looking to tie the all-time record for most snow in December.My driveway if about a quarter of a mile long. The snow has melted and refrozen so many times that I now have about 3 inches of solid ice instead of a driveway. There is no way to chip through it or melt it.Is winter over yet?

Today is the 16th day of snow in December. With today's snow we are looking to tie the all-time record for most snow in December.My driveway if about a quarter of a mile long. The snow has melted and refrozen so many times that I now have about 3 inches of solid ice instead of a driveway. There is no way to chip through it or melt it.Is winter over yet?
Texas > Minnesota
About the same here. There is a 1/2 inch of ice coating everything. The snow has a crust on it that is so hard it holds me up when I walk on it. And I weight 225#, so it's not like I'm one of the stick-men who posts here.The dog won't even chase the tennis ball b/c she keeps slipping on the ice.
There is no way to chip through it or melt it.
If your driveway is 1/4 mile long, yes, you're fucked. In combating smaller amounts of ice (for example, walkways), I've found that a 3' cast iron prybar works absolute wonders. Breaks through like it's butter and allows you to get leverage under the ice, thus lifting it up in large'ish sheets rather than shoveling up shitty little fragments. I bought a big blue 3' prybar at one of those "truck" tool sales where traveling meth addicts- the same breed as Carnies- go from town to town, renting out VFW halls and the like to sell Chinese import tools, camping supplies, pellet guns and fantasy type "wizzard" knives with big pointy guards and faux chain link handles in boxes that show painted pictures of She-Ra type heroines slaying dragons and/or warlocks... Most of the stuff they sell at such sales is garbage (save for their Ryobi refurbs) but the big stuff without moving parts (shovels, picks, prybars) is good.
i didnt get much snow yetand i want somesend it my way please
Can I send you the storm that we are about to get socked with right now. It may screw my plans for NY eve night out. As I need to drive toward Buffalo which means even more snow. I can see the little green lizard making snow angels lol. The cold snow would also stop those bleeds. Oh by the way the Temps will drop again by the weekend back into another deep freeze.

71 todayFilled a balloon drop yesterday outside and my crew was complaining of the heat from the bright sunshineBut it will dip into the low 50s at night

-14°C6°FFeels Like: -23CFeels Like: -9F
did you get any of that snow we got last night lol