Wpt Bellagio Day 3

nice check/call, lol
Seriously, 4 flush board or what? ****, how is there a river bet w/ those two flopping sets anyway? ugh...
nope, it was 6 :ts 4 :5c 2 :club: J :3h 8 :4h
well, call me crazy, but when you're that deep and an obvious "no-body" you're probably nervous, and since it was set over set, i assume there was some delicious betting going on prior to the riverwouldnt you start to wonder if he has 3,5s ??
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still getting it in.
i highly doubt that. you're quite possibly over 100bb's deep in a WPT main event on day 3 twenty or so spots away from the money.(correction, it looks like they were probably less than 10 spots from the money) You're not going to start with the "well if he has it, he has it" talk.thats silly.
i highly doubt that. you're quite possibly over 100bb's deep in a WPT main event on day 3 twenty or so spots away from the money. You're not going to start with the "well if he has it, he has it" talk.thats silly.
There is no way you should be playing a 15k if you can't get it in here in a raised pot, period. I don't want to speak in absolutes because there are circumstances but the fact that Amak is a sick player that will def pressure the bubble makes me way more likely to get it in and feel really good about it.
i highly doubt that. you're quite possibly over 100bb's deep in a WPT main event on day 3 twenty or so spots away from the money.(correction, it looks like they were probably less than 10 spots from the money) You're not going to start with the "well if he has it, he has it" talk.thats silly.
lol he was scared to bubble plain and simple... Its absolutely terrible he didnt get all the money in end of story. Dont try to justify it.
lol he was scared to bubble plain and simple... Its absolutely terrible he didnt get all the money in end of story. Dont try to justify it.
Quick question - is this the fine line between smallball and not smallball? As in he did not have the stone cold nuts, so he did not get it all in?Just curious.
Quick question - is this the fine line between smallball and not smallball? As in he did not have the stone cold nuts, so he did not get it all in?Just curious.
like... obviously I dont know all the action.. but in tournament poker... you just have to get this in at this stage of a tournamentedit: daniel got it in with bottom 2... im pretty sure he'd say its safe to get it in iwth top set on the flop on that board.
There is no way you should be playing a 15k if you can't get it in here in a raised pot, period. I don't want to speak in absolutes because there are circumstances but the fact that Amak is a sick player that will def pressure the bubble makes me way more likely to get it in and feel really good about it.
hmm.. You realize this isnt a sunday million right? The whole "I'm playing for first" get the chips in the middle mentality is different when you're so deep even this late in the tourney.it doesnt say any bet sizing preflop or post. but i imagine 80k is value.. I like to believe the hand played out like so....2k,4k. 500 ante. 1 limp, amak raise to 10k, folds to limper. limper calls. pot (30,500) limper check, amak check. (J turn) (pot 30,500)limper check, amak bet 18k. limper check raise to 40k. amak re-raise to 86k. limpercall.river 8. pot (202,500). limper check, amak bet 80ktotal hypothetical for my own amusement....
hmm.. You realize this isnt a sunday million right? The whole "I'm playing for first" get the chips in the middle mentality is different when you're so deep even this late in the tourney.it doesnt say any bet sizing preflop or post. but i imagine 80k is value.. I like to believe the hand played out like so....2k,4k. 500 ante. 1 limp, amak raise to 10k, folds to limper. limper calls. pot (30,500) limper check, amak check. (J turn) (pot 30,500)limper check, amak bet 18k. limper check raise to 40k. amak re-raise to 86k. limpercall.river 8. pot (202,500). limper check, amak bet 80ktotal hypothetical for my own amusement....
this is so flawed I dont even know where to start
Small Ball does'nt mean be a weak passive post flop nit and only raise a guy with the immortal nuts, it just means play big pots with big hands and they don't get much more profitable than this, you are just allergic to chips if you don't get it in.
like i said.. I dont know where to start.
i see.. the "this is so flawed i dont know where to begin" line is a easy way to burn someone without knowing what you're actually talking about.. regardless of being right or wrong.gg
i see.. the "this is so flawed i dont know where to begin" line is a easy way to burn someone without knowing what you're actually talking about.. regardless of being right or wrong.gg
the hypothetical 10k iso raise at 2k/4k from amat's 22 is a good place to start then...
the hypothetical 10k iso raise at 2k/4k from amat's 22 is a good place to start then...
ok. by iso do you mean isolation raise?? cuz that makes no sense. I never said he raises to 10k to isolate. lets hear your take?maybe the raise pf is larger from a later position.. maybe theres a 3rd player in, and the betting in later streets isnt as large. or maybe the pot was 300k.who the hell knows
I mean I'm not good enough to ship back to back tournies or anything but, I'm pretty sure the goal of tournaments is to accumulate chips not play like a complete pussy.
I mean I'm not good enough to ship back to back tournies or anything but, I'm pretty sure the goal of tournaments is to accumulate chips not play like a complete pussy.
ya, i agree with you.. i never said play like a pussy.i'm looking at this from a point of view that is vague on the descriptive information of the hand.. and with that said, I think its possible that the way the hand played out, this guy got a little scared and opted to stay in the tourney when he holds the 5th nuts.I cant say i blame him when its this Deeeep this late.if its 2k/4k with 80k average stack. i say shipples. but it was like 200+ average stack
LOL @ Amak checking a set back on the flop
ya, i agree with you.. i never said play like a pussy.i'm looking at this from a point of view that is vague on the descriptive information of the hand.. and with that said, I think its possible that the way the hand played out, this guy got a little scared and opted to stay in the tourney when he holds the 5th nuts.I cant say i blame him when its this Deeeep this late.if its 2k/4k with 80k average stack. i say shipples. but it was like 200+ average stack
There's just no getting around it's awful. Purely awful. I'm trying to put together a line for the hand and it doesn't work out, the guy should have gotten that money in.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-...wsop-me-246433/Similar.