Espn's Streak For The Cash

One pick away from $1,000,000.It's simple. Get 25 straight correct picks, win $1,000,000. This contest has been running for several months now, and for the first time someone actually managed to get to 24 straight today. Alot of posts/comments on this guy's ESPN profile are suggesting to go to Vegas and hedge his bets. Make a pick on ESPN's streak for the cash, and bet say, $100,000 the other way in Vegas. What's the best play in that spot? What would you do?
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a game I trust on Sunday's lineup of picks to hedge a million dollar bet on. We'll see what Monday has in store. What sucks is that the guy at 24 has to make a pick if the person at 23 goes for it

if that was me yeah i would deff put some big money the other way just in case you lose goin for the 25th straight you win something and if it you happen to win you can easily pay it off with the 1 mill thats just me curious to hear other peoples opinionEDIT: also is this against the spread or straight up? im guessing straight up because it says that katie won with oregon st's last second fg and that didnt cover in this case im sure u pick a winner tomorrow straight up.. dallas and denver are pretty big favs and both are at homeEDIT: i could be wrong didnt know arizona was -3

There's not a game I trust on Sunday's lineup of picks to hedge a million dollar bet on. We'll see what Monday has in store. What sucks is that the guy at 24 has to make a pick if the person at 23 goes for it
The problem is that the next closest streak is at 23, and with a higher winning percentage. This actually ruins any safe Vegas hedge bets you could've had since you run the risk of losing everything. I think the best play would be to wait for that person to hit 24, once that happens, you HAVE to go for it at some point tomorrow. Yet if that person makes an incorrect pick, then it's safe to wait for a clearer pick. Tomorrow's games are too risky IMO.This whole damn thing is so intriguing. The Boston College and Wake game had two 23 straight streaks pick the opposite way, and it went down to the last minute. The game had 3 lead changes. One went to 24 and the other is back down to 0 now. STRESSFUL...

You can see what other people are picking. Actually he can gamble that the person a 23 misses one out of two tom. Since even if he picks to protect if the 23 goes 2 for 2 the tiebreak ends it.So what's the play:a) Don't pick Sunday and hope that a 2 for 2 doesn't happenB ) Pick on Sunday no matter whatc) Make a pick based on what the person at 23 does.If you choose c) then the best play is to wait for the Indy SD game and take your chances there

i was first going to suggest just playing 500k on the other side of a game so he's at least guaranteed half a mil, but i figure coming up with 500k isn't the easiest thing in the world, and also, after taxes his one mil will probably be more like 600k.

I would contact the other player, each pick a different way on the same game and split the mobnies... Deal or No Deal?
From one of the comments on the ESPN article.Hmmm, I just read the rules in detail. Couple of interesting things. They leave some legal leeway if there is ever any collusion between the first and second place people. So the situation I mentioned earlier about Katie and Jordan agreeing to split the pot can be means of forfeit under their "integrity, fairness" rule". Unless they really really kept it quiet, although tax and other ramifications would make that difficult. The other interesting thing is the rules don't define what a day is and when it ends. Is it Eastern time, which I assume since all the games are specified in EST? Is it when a game starts or ends? The Sunday night football game has a tiny chance of going past midnight. What happens if Katie gets her 25th on that game then, while Jordan got it on the 1 or 4pm game?We might have a hanging chads situation on our hands. Bring in the Supreme Court!!

That's crazy, the guy who had the lead with 23 going into Saturday did a bunch of interviews on Sportscenter and ESPNnews, and he lost, then this Jordan guy leapfrogged girliegirl because she didn't pick anything while Jordan picked 3 winners on saturday. I hope he wins it for having the balls to go for it on saturday.The rule is "the first participant to make 25 consecutive correct picks wins $1M." So he has to be prepared to pick the Carolina-Atlanta game. If girliegirl picks a winner in either of the two morning NFL games, you HAVE to play it to give yourself a chance at $500K, since you can't see what the other person picked until the game has started. Can you imagine having $1M freeroll riding on random Panthers Falcons game? I think the best pick of the day is USF, more than a 3/2 favorite to win.If it were me though, I have to guarantee myself the chance at the full million uncontested and pick between NE-Mia or Phi-Bal. I would take NE.Definitely very interesting. I think I'm going to make sure I'm up by 2 to see how all this plays out.

That's crazy, the guy who had the lead with 23 going into Saturday did a bunch of interviews on Sportscenter and ESPNnews, and he lost, then this Jordan guy leapfrogged girliegirl because she didn't pick anything while Jordan picked 3 winners on saturday. I hope he wins it for having the balls to go for it on saturday.The rule is "the first participant to make 25 consecutive correct picks wins $1M." So he has to be prepared to pick the Carolina-Atlanta game. If girliegirl picks a winner in either of the two morning NFL games, you HAVE to play it to give yourself a chance at $500K, since you can't see what the other person picked until the game has started. Can you imagine having $1M freeroll riding on random Panthers Falcons game? I think the best pick of the day is USF, more than a 3/2 favorite to win.If it were me though, I have to guarantee myself the chance at the full million uncontested and pick between NE-Mia or Phi-Bal. I would take NE.Definitely very interesting. I think I'm going to make sure I'm up by 2 to see how all this plays out.
Carolina is Def gonna take out Atl with Carolina set to end the season looking relatively good on both sides of the ball (most certainly Offense), I agree with you on the NE game this game will be completely diff from their orginal matchup... Everyone loves an underdog story! I really hope the underestimated guy takes it down!!
Carolina is Def gonna take out Atl with Carolina set to end the season looking relatively good on both sides of the ball (most certainly Offense), I agree with you on the NE game this game will be completely diff from their orginal matchup... Everyone loves an underdog story! I really hope the underestimated guy takes it down!!
I think ATL wins. the home team in the South is 6-0 v. each other this season.

Each day has a certain number of picks, so a day is over when all the picks on that day's board is complete.I don't like taking Carolina here as they have been too inconsistent, they've been lucky to get to 8-2.NE/MIA is too close to call, can't put a mil on itSoccer could come down to penalty kicks. Even the owners of the teams don't have to sweat a penalty kick shootout for a million dollars. You are just asking to get screwed if you pick this game either way.

Soccer could come down to penalty kicks. Even the owners of the teams don't have to sweat a penalty kick shootout for a million dollars. You are just asking to get screwed if you pick this game either way.
The Football league Championship playoff final can go to penalties and is worth at least £60mil to the winning team in terms of TV revenue alone over the next three years, £20mil per season they stay up and £20mil in parachute payments over the first two seasons after they are relegated. How much the champions league final is worth is probably open to debate with media, sponsorship and stuff but I'd imagine it's in that range too.
Each day has a certain number of picks, so a day is over when all the picks on that day's board is complete.I don't like taking Carolina here as they have been too inconsistent, they've been lucky to get to 8-2.NE/MIA is too close to call, can't put a mil on itSoccer could come down to penalty kicks. Even the owners of the teams don't have to sweat a penalty kick shootout for a million dollars. You are just asking to get screwed if you pick this game either way.
Yea, I just read that on the tiebreakers page. I would have gone with South Florida, but looks like they both put their hopes and dreams on Carolina who's down 17-0 early.