Okay, so I'm in Canada and we don't always get all the shows you guys do in the U.S., mainly the cable shows.In the last few weeks/months, I've downloaded and enjoyed the hell out of IASI Philly, Psych and 30 Rock (yes, i know it's NBC, just never saw it on TV before)I see most of the HBO stuff (and some Showtime) on our movie network up here (like Oz, Entourage, Dexter, Trueblood).I've heard good things about Weeds, Burn Notice and The Wire.Any other series I may have missed that are worth checking out?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I'm in Canada and we don't always get all the shows you guys do in the U.S., mainly the cable shows.In the last few weeks/months, I've downloaded and enjoyed the hell out of IASI Philly, Psych and 30 Rock (yes, i know it's NBC, just never saw it on TV before)I see most of the HBO stuff (and some Showtime) on our movie network up here (like Oz, Entourage, Dexter, Trueblood).I've heard good things about Weeds, Burn Notice and The Wire.Any other series I may have missed that are worth checking out?
I love the Wire and would definitely suggest it.
When I saw the thread title I thought of Oz, but you already watched it. I really enjoyed the first two seasons at least.How far back do you want to go, and what is your preference, comedy or drama?

I don't care what anyone says... I like 24 if you haven't seen it yet.Should I assume you've seen The Office?I just this past year or so started watching 2 and a half men, and it's one of the funniest shows ever. I still don't watch the new ones, but I catch the reruns almost every day.I liked Journeyman while it lasted, but now that it's cancelled, why bother?CSI and CSI:Miami are fun for me. David Caruso is the best thing on TV, lol.I can't think of what else right now. I was gonna leave off the more reality type stuff, but lemme just do a quick list if you haven't seen them:Ghost HuntersUltimate FighterInto the UnknownDigging for the TruthBiggest LoserTop ChefHell's KitchenOk, I'm done.

DeadwoodThe SopranosFlight of The ConchordsThe ShieldRescue MeNip/TuckArrested Development
Never seen any of them.Except clips from Conchords. I know... I suck, but I don't have any premium channels, and just never saw Arrested while it was on. (and just don't even know what channel FX is.)
I don't care what anyone says... I like 24 if you haven't seen it yet.Should I assume you've seen The Office?I just this past year or so started watching 2 and a half men, and it's one of the funniest shows ever. I still don't watch the new ones, but I catch the reruns almost every day.I liked Journeyman while it lasted, but now that it's cancelled, why bother?CSI and CSI:Miami are fun for me. David Caruso is the best thing on TV, lol.I can't think of what else right now. I was gonna leave the more reality type stuff, but lemme just do a quick list if you haven't seen them:Ghost HuntersUltimate FighterInto the UnknownDigging for the TruthBiggest LoserTop ChefHell's KitchenOk, I'm done.
Dont watch any of those shows.
Never seen any of them.Except clips from Conchords. I know... I suck, but I don't have any premium channels, and just never saw Arrested while it was on. (and just don't even know what channel FX is.)
Dude.
When I saw the thread title I thought of Oz, but you already watched it. I really enjoyed the first two seasons at least.How far back do you want to go, and what is your preference, comedy or drama?
Actually, Oz just started re-airing from the beginning and I'm DVR'ing it again and watching it.Comedy or Drama doesn't matter, as long as it's good.
DeadwoodThe SopranosFlight of The ConchordsThe ShieldRescue MeNip/TuckArrested Development
Thanks
I don't care what anyone says... I like 24 if you haven't seen it yet.Should I assume you've seen The Office?I just this past year or so started watching 2 and a half men, and it's one of the funniest shows ever. I still don't watch the new ones, but I catch the reruns almost every day.I liked Journeyman while it lasted, but now that it's cancelled, why bother?CSI and CSI:Miami are fun for me. David Caruso is the best thing on TV, lol.I can't think of what else right now. I was gonna leave off the more reality type stuff, but lemme just do a quick list if you haven't seen them:Ghost HuntersUltimate FighterInto the UnknownDigging for the TruthBiggest LoserTop ChefHell's Kitchen
CSI's get too formulaic for me. Watched the original for a few years. Not into the ghost stuff.As for The Office, I loved the few episodes of the British original, but I'm not a fan of the comedy style like The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm that plays on awkward and uncomfortable situations. I find CYE unwatchable.
Actually, Oz just started re-airing from the beginning and I'm DVR'ing it again and watching it.Comedy or Drama doesn't matter, as long as it's good.ThanksCSI's get too formulaic for me. Watched the original for a few years. Not into the ghost stuff.As for The Office, I loved the few episodes of the British original, but I'm not a fan of the comedy style like The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm that plays on awkward and uncomfortable situations. I find CYE unwatchable.
Fair enough. But I do like the office.The other ones, like Into the Unknown and Digging for the truth, are the same show basically, same host, but they apparently cancelled Digging, and moved channels and gave it a new name. But it's kind of an archaeology type show, it's good stuff. PMJ watches them too, lol.
Im watching Whale Wars on Animal Planet right now. Read about it online the other day and thought it would be worth a few chuckles anyways.
it's like a whole ship full of people I want to kick in the face. I want to kill whales now.
it's like a whole ship full of people I want to kick in the face. I want to kill whales now. I feel like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wont screw to save its species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke.
Just get every episode of Family GuyThen get HELLS KITCHENKITCHEN NIGHTMARES
already seen all the episodes of both of those.Big fan of Top Chef, but it usually doesn't run up here for four to six months after it's original airing. So i decided to just download each episode as they appear.