That Effing Russian

Can anyone on this board honestly say they could have laid down the king of hearts on that hand. i know there is no way that I could. They got the ace i am just gonna have to pay it off. That was the most impressive play of the ft to me.

True, but is Demidov really rr'ing pf with nothing? His range might be quite large, but it does include small PP's and a lot of K's, so folding to the flop bet would have been smarter than rr'ing another 5 mil and screwing yourself. In that spot you HAVE to know Demidov has something and is going to put the heat on you.And Demidov's play in the AQ vs AK hand was absolutely awesomeSchwartz's laydown was pretty awesome also...Montgomery's play was super stupid. The guy seemed borderline retarded, even for a Canadian. I missed the play because i went to bed early. I'm an old man...
I agree with the notion of folding on the flop, but demidov doesnt always have something, just look at the AQ hand with phillips. also everyone saying phillips should have moved all in with the Ak preflop you are way off here, only looking at the fact that demidov ended up having AQ, when if he had AA everyone would be harping on phillips for not folding preflop. in his spot i like a fold better than a flat call, and i dont like putting in the 5th raise as an option at all
also everyone saying phillips should have moved all in with the Ak preflop you are way off here, only looking at the fact that demidov ended up having AQ, when if he had AA everyone would be harping on phillips for not folding preflop. in his spot i like a fold better than a flat call, and i dont like putting in the 5th raise as an option at all
Flat calling the AK is by far the worst option. He limps AK from ep completely under repping his hand which should widen Demidov's range for putting in the last raise. Phillips played the hand about as bad as possible and that has nothing to do with the results.

i agree with what everyone is saying..the AK vs AQ hand was crazy..demidov's play was insane, and the way phillips played that AK was pretty terrible. Especially betting that 4 mil into the 17 mil pot, demidov read him completely. I personally thought Ylon Schwartz played really well. He played those two 8's very well on the 7 high flop against the chip leader, and made that incredible laydown against demidov. Demidovs top two laydown was insane as well. Eastgate played well too but he also hit absolutely everything. All in all, pretty exciting table, i was hoping chino would go farther but what can you do AQ>AK.

Flat calling the AK is by far the worst option. He limps AK from ep completely under repping his hand which should widen Demidov's range for putting in the last raise. Phillips played the hand about as bad as possible and that has nothing to do with the results.
i am not suggesting he played the hand well, but you really prefer him putting in another raise?
Worst play of all was Suharto trying to muscle Demidov off a set of K's.Suharto had AQ; Demidov had KKThe betting was:Suharto raisesDemidov re-raisesSuharto callsPot is now about 6 milFlop comes down: K x x, two clubsDemidov bets 3.3 milSuharto re-raises another 5 (8.3 mil)Demidov shoves before Suharto even has his chips counted outSuharto foldsIMO, after Demidov RR's PF, Suharto HAS to lay it down to the flop bet. I mean, even calling PF with AQ was a bad play.Discuss?
I saw this hand live while I was in Vegas. Demidov took a LONG time to decide on everything, and showed a lot of weakness. Suharto showed a strong hand the whole way. You don't get that from watching the ESPN feed. The consensus of the people in the stands with me was that Demidov had AK with a club draw, while Suharto had the set. It was well played by Demidov and he deserved to get paid off on it.
i am not suggesting he played the hand well, but you really prefer him putting in another raise?
I think Demidov's range is wide enough that a shove is justified but as played I don't think a fold is the worst thing ever. The worst thing ever imo is flat calling and betting 4mil into 17mil.

i think we can all agree that the bet on the flop was bad, but why do you like shoving so much? what hand calls him that he isnt drawing to 3 outs with

Can anyone on this board honestly say they could have laid down the king of hearts on that hand. i know there is no way that I could. They got the ace i am just gonna have to pay it off. That was the most impressive play of the ft to me.
Wasn't the board paired too on the river? Still against Demidov I don't think I'm ever laying down the K there.I thought Demidov's 2 pair laydown was most impressive.
i think we can all agree that the bet on the flop was bad, but why do you like shoving so much? what hand calls him that he isnt drawing to 3 outs with
At this point it's not all about what hands call him. There is money in the pot and you could likely get a fold out of hands your racing ie: 7's-10's. Phillips underrepped his hand a ton, while an agruement could be made that the limp reraise shows strength Phillips comes off as a bit of a donk and if I were Demidov I would see the limp reraise as a small to mid pair or Ak more likely then QQ,KK,AA. If the action started by Phillips opening for a raise I'd be more inclined to say fold depending on the pot odds.

I missed the first 15 mins of the broadcast last night. I'm assuming the hand you guys are talking about was in there. Is there a video some place that I can see it? Prob pokertube

I missed the first 15 mins of the broadcast last night. I'm assuming the hand you guys are talking about was in there. Is there a video some place that I can see it? Prob pokertube
it's already up on youtube and its in part one
No. Scott Montgomery wins for shoving 24M into a 6M pot.SM raises to 1.5 with A9 soooooted.Demidov reraises to 4.25 and Scott shoves in 24.375 and Demidov makes the call with KK for a 51M pot.Anything that calls there has him dominated. Just a retarded play when he was 2/5 in great shape.
Whatever, I started reading your blog. I like it a lot actually, will try and read more when I get some spare moments. KUTGW!

Wow I felt for sure that Phillips had queens and Demidov had aces/kings listening live. Eastgate and Demidov look like sick sick players, was incredibly impressed with their table manners all the way through.

if u push with AK after a 4-bet r u ever getting called by a worst hand ??
Probably not. But you might fold better; JJ,QQ might (and prob should) lay down to a 5-bet shove.But calling and leading for 4m into 17m is easily a much worse play.