Without Lois

He doesn't post here any more because..."God exists because I say so""well, you can't prove it""well, you can't prove God doesn't exist""That's not logically valid""Your mom's not logically valid"gets a little old after three years. It's the same argument, over and over, going no where. Some of us have faith, some of us require proof, those who have faith can't give proof, so there we are. If you want to breath life into this forum, I suggest the christians start a "No assholes Club" thread, where they can talk about their faith, and their struggles with it, and read devotionals to each other, and all agree, each one of them agree, to never, ever, ever respond to something that I or Speedz or Crow someone else might say to rain on their parade, to never engage in the same dumb debate we've all had 1000 times, to only stay on topic, to ignore the heathens completely. That actually might prove to be fun and useful in walking your daily walk with christ, or what ever the fuck. It would take a lot of discipline, because Crow is almost as good as balloon guy at baiting people into arguments. But it might actually end up being a more worthwhile use of your time in this forum, rather getting in a debate that will never end.

Isnt faith tho the essence of all religions?Jesus seemed to have more emphasis on faith than even being a good person.The centurion who told Jesus he didnt need to come to his house to heal his servant, the thief on the cross who asked Jesus to remember him, all impressed Jesus with their faith.Just maybe the afterlife requires faith to prosper there.Obviously faith is exremely important or else God would just come out of the clouds and announce himself to remove all doubt.Wish i could articulate it better, but not being a college boy, im somewhat limited.Good day.
If you want to breath life into this forum, I suggest the christians start a "No assholes Club" thread, where they can talk about their faith, and their struggles with it, and read devotionals to each other, and all agree, each one of them agree, to never, ever, ever respond to something that I or Speedz or Crow someone else might say to rain on their parade, to never engage in the same dumb debate we've all had 1000 times, to only stay on topic, to ignore the heathens completely. That actually might prove to be fun and useful in walking your daily walk with christ, or what ever the fuck. It would take a lot of discipline, because Crow is almost as good as balloon guy at baiting people into arguments. But it might actually end up being a more worthwhile use of your time in this forum, rather getting in a debate that will never end.
the value of endless religious back and forth is that you just might enlighten objective 3rd parties that happen to read it. probably doesn't happen much here, but you never know.
yeah, but it's not like the debates in here are between muslins and hindu's or something... it's mostly atheists v Xians.
the value of endless religious back and forth is that you just might enlighten objective 3rd parties that happen to read it. probably doesn't happen much here, but you never know.
If you say so, champ.
If Lois was drowning I'd thorw him a brick.
Oh, lois isn't so bad... and the OP is right about one thing, without him stirring sht, this forum has died down.
If you say so, champ.
i say there has been a lot more value to what has gone on here in the past than you imply. also notice i don't (typically) bait unless someone posts something that directly challenges non-beliefor is meant to appeal to non-believers. if religious people want to talk amongst themselves they arecertainly free to do so without harassment from me :club:
i say there has been a lot more value to what has gone on here in the past than you imply. also notice i don't (typically) bait unless someone posts something that directly challenges non-beliefor is meant to appeal to non-believers. if religious people want to talk amongst themselves they arecertainly free to do so without harassment from me :club:
You're a liar... do you need links?
certainly not for christianity or islam. their "essence" is entirely based in empirical claims. disprove those claims and faith becomes irrelevant.
It's a shame that you can't.
i say there has been a lot more value to what has gone on here in the past than you imply.
Oh, I have no doubt you would say that. I wouldn't imagine you'd be so relentlessly belligerent with believers if you didn't think there was something of value in it. What ever you are, I don't think your a troll ( though BG may disagree). My posts are with them are more trollish, really
also notice i don't (typically) bait unless someone posts something that directly challenges non-beliefor is meant to appeal to non-believers. if religious people want to talk amongst themselves they arecertainly free to do so without harassment from me :club:
You know, I can't prove this isn't true, without scouring over thread after thread, sifting through scores of pages of your debates ( and i'd rather skin my arm with a carrot peeler than do that). So I'll just say, you're suspect trout. ya suspect.
It's a shame that you can't
whatever. but you do agree that if i could, for example, prove empirically that jesus never lived, which is certainly possible in principal, faith in christianity would be pretty pointless.
whatever. but you do agree that if i could, for example, prove empirically that jesus never lived, which is certainly possible in principal, faith in christianity would be pretty pointless.
I would agree.... let's hear it.

crow- I think your posts in this forum have had a lot of value. I don't post because I just don't care enough to keep up with the arguments, but when I do choose to peruse, your debates are the most interesting.

This forum is useless.
To be honest, it can be exhausting. Seriously, most of the time if it gets going good we are talking hours of going back and forth, many times 3+ paragraph posts. I love doing it, though, don't get me wrong. Debate is in my blood. I have been considering some of my positions on a few things lately, and actually have some spiritual/faith based business plans in the works, when I finalize the details I will do a lengthy post. I do like Big D's idea about devotional type stuff to a certain extent. As kumbaya as that can be I find it to be largely empty lots of times so I am reluctant to go that direction on some level, but it could be fun to share personal struggles and things like that. I have attempted to do that in the past but found it was pretty much only me. Open books like me are hard to come by. We'll get it poppin again. I have a feeling Obama will stir up some shit that will get my blood boiling soon enough.
Jesus seemed to have more emphasis on faith than even being a good person.
Completely. Absolutely. Not only that, but the message lost on today's "Christians" is that Jesus went and worked among the dregs. He didn't proselytize to them from a moving vehicle, he went among them and worked. The only time Jesus got pissed was when he was in the temples. I think the astute reader of the Bible would see the implications of that message.