Goals / Challenge Thread

easy for me to say but I felt this way before the sharks game tooDetroit was playing back-to-back and they went into OT last night. Sharks were waiting for them at home and have been rolling the past few games. I can understand betting on Detroit to win but 4 units makes it seem like you thought it was a lock. Just curious about your reasoning. Not trying to beat you up after you've had an ouch night.
My reasoning was that this was the first game Detroit wasnt favored to win all season and I felt that it was great value to bet on the #1 team in hockey *and* get the odds in my favor. The 4u was just me being greedy, and the 4u lost is what I get for being greedy. My lock of the night was the Vancouver-Los Angeles over, which also missed.
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My action for tonight:2u on Dallas to win @ +1051u on Dallas-Chicago OVER @ -1201u on Vancouver-Anaheim OVER @ +115
I don't like the overs. What's your reasoning?
I don't like the overs. What's your reasoning?
DAL-CHI: Both teams average scoring is over 3 and average GA is over 3. There are trends in favor of an under result but I see a nice outpouring of goals tonight. ANA-VAN: Both teams average scoring is over 3, ANA's average GA is over 3 (inflated by their first week) and Vancouver's is close. I like this bet less than the Chicago-Dallas over, last 5 games these two have played against each other have all gone 5 or under.

just one play, gl RTE and me.2u Dal over Chi +110Stephan's in net, lets see how that plays out.I'm off to take the little one trick or treating. Hopefully we score some chocolate, and no apples.

DAL-CHI: Both teams average scoring is over 3 and average GA is over 3. There are trends in favor of an under result but I see a nice outpouring of goals tonight. ANA-VAN: Both teams average scoring is over 3, ANA's average GA is over 3 (inflated by their first week) and Vancouver's is close. I like this bet less than the Chicago-Dallas over, last 5 games these two have played against each other have all gone 5 or under.
this guy called Adam is something special i tell u.
My action for tonight:2u on Dallas to win @ +105 **LOSS**1u on Dallas-Chicago OVER @ -120 **WIN**1u on Vancouver-Anaheim OVER @ +115 **WIN**
I think I made like $3 tonight when all was said and done...lol.

My action for tonight:1u Nashville - Florida UNDER 5.5 @ -125 **WIN**1u Florida to win @ +155 **LOSS**1u Calgary-LA OVER 5.5 @ -1301u New Jersey - Atlanta UNDER 5.0 @ +120 **LOSS**1u Chicago to win @ +100 **WIN**1u Minnesota to win @ +1001u Minnesota-Phoenix OVER 5.5 @ -1201u NYR to win @ -135 **LOSS**1u Ottawa-Tampa Bay OVER 5.5 @ -105 **LOSS**3u NYI - Montreal UNDER 5.5 @ -110 **LOSS**3u Buffalo-Washington OVER 5.5 @ -110 **LOSS**15 units at risk tonight.

My action for tonight:1u Nashville - Florida UNDER 5.5 @ -1251u Florida to win @ +1551u Calgary-LA OVER 5.5 @ -1301u New Jersey - Atlanta UNDER 5.0 @ +1201u Chicago to win @ +1001u Minnesota to win @ +1001u Minnesota-Phoenix OVER 5.5 @ -1201u NYR to win @ -1351u Ottawa-Tampa Bay OVER 5.5 @ -1053u NYI - Montreal UNDER 5.5 @ -11012 units at risk tonight.
Good luck..Looks like a heavy night of action for you..Here is hoping you do well...Except for the 3rd bet from the bottom...
Good luck..Looks like a heavy night of action for you..Here is hoping you do well...Except for the 3rd bet from the bottom...
Thanks, I could really use a good night tonight, have fun at the game.

Tonight i have 3 strong plays...I bet Tampa Bay to win at -115 Atlanta to win in regulation at +270 Columbus to win at -120Good luck to me...Some notes:I dont believe in trends that last longer than a few games. I dont care what a team did in its last 20 meetings. What i do know is I watched the Lightning the last two games and they are finally putting things together..The Devils have looked awful the last couple of games, losing three in a row. 2 of the 3 games they gave up 6 goals and Brodeur has looked very shaky. This play is just a value play as betting the Thrashers at +270 is just good value in my opinion.The Hawks had a score to settle last night and they will come out flat tonight against a perceived weaker opponent. Also the hawks are winless on the road..Thanks and good luckoh also there is teh obligatory I am going to the Leafs game so I must bet the Leafs wager..Thats not a recommended play, proceed with caution there.

Chi/Clb over 5.5 risk 1u to win 1.04u **WIN** +1.04uNyr over Tor risk 1.22u to win 1u **LOSE** -1uWash/Buf over 5.5 risk 1.1u to win 1u **LOSE** -1uPit over StL risk 4u to win 4u **WIN** +4uMin over Phx risk 2u to win 2u **WIN** +2uIs all for the early games anyway -- good luck everyone

Tonight i have 3 strong plays...I bet Tampa Bay to win at -115 Atlanta to win in regulation at +270 Columbus to win at -120Good luck to me...Some notes:I dont believe in trends that last longer than a few games. I dont care what a team did in its last 20 meetings. What i do know is I watched the Lightning the last two games and they are finally putting things together..The Devils have looked awful the last couple of games, losing three in a row. 2 of the 3 games they gave up 6 goals and Brodeur has looked very shaky. This play is just a value play as betting the Thrashers at +270 is just good value in my opinion.The Hawks had a score to settle last night and they will come out flat tonight against a perceived weaker opponent. Also the hawks are winless on the road..Thanks and good luckoh also there is teh obligatory I am going to the Leafs game so I must bet the Leafs wager..Thats not a recommended play, proceed with caution there.
not bad..2 for 4 with the 3rd a bad beat in a shootout.
1u Dallas over Boston +1301u Was over Buff +1151.5u CHI-CBJ OVER 5.5 @ -1201u NYI - Montreal UNDER 5.5 @ -1102u PIT over STL0.5u NYI over MTL
broke about even. classic example of should have only bet on the 2 I liked most and made some money. poor example of discipline.
broke about even. classic example of should have only bet on the 2 I liked most. poor example of discipline.
Reflective of how and why the RTE is sucking dog balls for the past 10 days,.

Chi/Clb over 5.5 risk 1u to win 1.04u **WIN** +1.04uNyr over Tor risk 1.22u to win 1u **LOSE** -1uWash/Buf over 5.5 risk 1.1u to win 1u **LOSE** -1uPit over StL risk 4u to win 4u **WIN** +4uMin over Phx risk 2u to win 2u **WIN** +2uGood night to load up heavy on a couple of road dogs +5.04u - friggin rangers, and really come on capitals you couldn't manage A goal for the over??? lol

Took a couple football teasers along with my hockey action today - I don't like anything else except toronto and atlanta - maybe one of you over/under gurus can talk me in to something on that side of the ledger but I don't have the time really to crunch numbers, I have to referee this afternoon.Here's my football plays, moreso to make the games interesting than anything.130751458-13Expand 8:17am 2-Nov-08 Teaser Football 10 pt 3 Team 26.00 20.00 1. 2-Nov-08 Football/NFL (Spread) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+0.5) vs Kansas City Chiefs for Game (-105) Pending 2. 2-Nov-08 Football/NFL (Spread) Atlanta Falcons (+7) vs Oakland Raiders for Game (+113) Pending 3. 2-Nov-08 Football/NFL (Spread) Philadelphia Eagles (+3.5) vs Seattle Seahawks for Game (-109) Pending130752177-14Expand 8:26am 2-Nov-08 Teaser FB Mixed 4 Team 13Pt 28.00 20.00 1. 2-Nov-08 Football/NFL (Spread) New York Jets vs Buffalo Bills (+8) for Game (+100) Pending 2. 2-Nov-08 Football/NFL (Spread) Detroit Lions vs Chicago Bears (+0.5) for Game (-102) Pending 3. 2-Nov-08 Football/NFL (Spread) Green Bay Packers vs Tennessee Titans (+9.5) for Game (+103) Pending 4. 2-Nov-08 Football/NFL (Spread) Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants (+3.5) for Game (+113) Pendingrisking 5.4u to win 4u