Wpt: Festa Al Lago Day 2 Thread

Day 2 of the WPT: Festa al Lago begins at Noon Las Vegas time today at The Bellagio.Daniel and JC are both still in good shape and you can get updates at the WPT Website. Daniel starts today at the same table as the chip leader Antonio Esfandiari.Good Luck today Daniel and JC.http://liveupdates.worldpokertour.com/tour...esnews&tID=1. Antonio Esfandiari (53-1) - 313,0002. Nicholas Sliwinski (61-8) - 209,8003. Daniel Schreiber (54-8) - 206,9254. Brian Rast (62-8) - 206,2255. Jennifer Tilly (17-1) - 195,0506. Jeremiah Vinsant (17-8) - 184,5757. Andrew Robl (52-5) - 173,4508. Nenad Medic (16-7) - 167,2509. Ryan Young (48-2) - 156,72510. Johannes Van Til (11-8) - 151,00019. J.C. Alvarado (6-5) - 129,70044. Daniel Negreanu (53-5) - 99,325

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just skimmed through the field that is still in this tournament and it is so full of absolutely great players. I don't know how many people can say a tourney like this is highly +EV for them. I guess the fame and recognition that goes along with final tabling/winning these events is worth more than just the prize money as it can be parlayed into profits in other areas.

gl and TID, DN and JC Do we know if Adam J is playing too?found my answer143. Adam Junglen (56-7) - 51,925

LOL at my table1. Bertrand "Elky" Grospellier2. Theo Tran3. David Peters4. John Juanda5. {reserved for royalty} edit : AKA Me :)6. Quinn Do7. James Sowers Jr.8. Jamie Rosen9. Alex Keatingyea, I'll be able to play REAL loose at this one.

LOL at my table1. Bertrand "Elky" Grospellier2. Theo Tran3. David Peters4. John Juanda5. {reserved for royalty} edit : AKA Me :)6. Quinn Do7. James Sowers Jr.8. Jamie Rosen9. Alex Keatingyea, I'll be able to play REAL loose at this one.
on the bright side, if you pick up hands you will be chip leader in an hour"Table six sees a flop 9 ways"
sw? or not? can't tell.and glthat was a sick play by you with 56ss
haha figures, gl thoyou pick up a hand or two and you're over 500k fo sheezy
GL JC, also go DPeters since he is from Toledo.

Table 6Seat 1: Bertrand "Elky" GospellierSeat 2: Theo TranSeat 4: John JuandaSeat 5: J.C. AlvaradoSeat 6: Quinn Doan extra gl JC , looks like you got an interesting table, I watched John Juanda last week at Niagara, he wasn't getting any cards lol, and his bluffs didn't work he went out early

It's morons like this that deserve kick in the nuts:Doug Lee raises under the gun to 2,000, a player calls from middle position, and Shane "Shaniac" Schleger calls from the small blind. The flop comes 10 9 4, Schleger checks, Lee bets 5,000, and the middle-position player raises to 25,000 (leaving himself 12,200 behind). Schleger folds, and Lee thinks for about a minute before he puts his opponent all in, and his opponent calls with AA. Lee shows Q9 (pair of nines), and he'll need to improve to win the pot. The turn card is the 9, giving Lee trips, and he pumps his fist in a brief cheer as he takes the lead. The last card is the 5, and Lee wins the pot with trip nines, busting his opponent and building his stack to about 203,000. Not even TPTK and he calls re-raises to 37K+, effectively calling off over 30K chips with middle pair AFTER his opponent makes a huge re-raise of his own.FFS, die, retards...On a lighter note, "Haved Khan has been eliminated from the tournament".

It's morons like this that deserve kick in the nuts:Doug Lee raises under the gun to 2,000, a player calls from middle position, and Shane "Shaniac" Schleger calls from the small blind. The flop comes 10 9 4, Schleger checks, Lee bets 5,000, and the middle-position player raises to 25,000 (leaving himself 12,200 behind). Schleger folds, and Lee thinks for about a minute before he puts his opponent all in, and his opponent calls with AA. Lee shows Q9 (pair of nines), and he'll need to improve to win the pot. The turn card is the 9, giving Lee trips, and he pumps his fist in a brief cheer as he takes the lead. The last card is the 5, and Lee wins the pot with trip nines, busting his opponent and building his stack to about 203,000. Not even TPTK and he calls re-raises to 37K+, effectively calling off over 30K chips with middle pair AFTER his opponent makes a huge re-raise of his own.FFS, die, retards...On a lighter note, "Haved Khan has been eliminated from the tournament".
Talk about a donk call lol,interesting political debateAs they continued talking, Doyle mentioned that Nevada was a swing state in this election. Howard corrected him. "No, it's a battleground state. There's a difference." (A battleground state is close enough to potentially go to either candidate, while a swing state would actually be able to determine the entire national election if it went one way or the other.)Doyle posed another question to nobody in particular. "If you had to go to one of the candidates for advice on your life, who would you go to." Howard laughed and said, "I would run from McCain." Doyle laughed too, at one point questioning Sarah Palin's claim of experience because Russia can be seen from Alaska. At the end of the conversation, Doyle finished it by saying, "It's unbelievable to me that you can all be Democrats." (Referring to the other players at the table.) A few minutes later, Doyle's table was broken, and the players were sent separate ways.

Isaac Haxton242,000 55,000 Brian Rast238,000 28,000 Jennifer Tilly232,000 36,950 JC Alvarado219,000 89,300 Daniel Schreiber206,925 None Antonio Esfandiari200,000 40,000 Abe Mosseri190,000 1,000 Bertrand Grospellier182,000 81,175 Andrew Robl173,450 3,450 Joe Sebok166,000 23,950 Scott Clements161,500 64,000 David Chiu156,000 52,700 Ryan Young150,000 -6,725 Allie Prescott142,000 89,475 Michael DeMichele135,000 37,225 Mike Matusow130,000 46,800 Justin Bonomo129,000 1,000 Sabyl Cohen-Landrum129,000 20,500 Chad Layne129,000 31,575 Will "The Thrill" Failla125,000 29,000 Nenad Medic125,000 -47,000 Dutch Boyd123,000 36,875 Bill Edler118,000 100,000 Allen Cunningham116,000 10,175 Daniel Negreanu116,000 19,000

Daniel Negreanu, Racing Horse?Wednesday, October 22, 2008 03:29 PM PDT The tournament field just got a brief thrill when one of the TVs here in the Fontana Lounge was listing horses for an upcoming race, and someone noticed one of the horses was named "Kid Poker."Word quickly spread through the room to Daniel "Kid Poker" Negreanu, who got a kick out of it. Erick Lindgren and Bill Edler, sitting next to each other, teased him that the horse was listed as a longshot with 31-to-1 odds.Negreanu has no connection to the course, and has no idea if the name is a coincidence or an homage from a poker fan. If you're curious, Kid Poker (the racing horse) is running in the #2 slot in the sixth race at Oak Tree in Santa Anita, California, with an estimated post time of 3:38 pm PT. If you have plans to bet either for or against Negreanu's equine namesake (a four-year-old gelding from Kentucky that weighs 124 pounds), you have about ten minutes.

Daniel Negreanu, Racing Horse?Wednesday, October 22, 2008 03:29 PM PDT The tournament field just got a brief thrill when one of the TVs here in the Fontana Lounge was listing horses for an upcoming race, and someone noticed one of the horses was named "Kid Poker."Word quickly spread through the room to Daniel "Kid Poker" Negreanu, who got a kick out of it. Erick Lindgren and Bill Edler, sitting next to each other, teased him that the horse was listed as a longshot with 31-to-1 odds.Negreanu has no connection to the course, and has no idea if the name is a coincidence or an homage from a poker fan. If you're curious, Kid Poker (the racing horse) is running in the #2 slot in the sixth race at Oak Tree in Santa Anita, California, with an estimated post time of 3:38 pm PT. If you have plans to bet either for or against Negreanu's equine namesake (a four-year-old gelding from Kentucky that weighs 124 pounds), you have about ten minutes.
I would put 25% of my net worth on that horse. Has a better chance of showing a return than giving it to a financial advisor.