I think it is kind of awesome that you actually blocked NNB (too many people claim to have blocked people, yet then respond to their posts), but find it disappointing that you didn't respond to hisI think in this case he actually makes a good point; for a leader of the forum and an older poster here, as I have said before you do come off as immature and overaggressive at timesthat said, the 335i is a sweet ride
Bull answered this one pretty well and thanks to Chris for his post as well.
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be clear, I am not suggesting that he is not a strong contributorI am however saying that when he argues he comes of immature and often loses his point by getting overly aggressivethat is not to say that he is not a valued poster, a strong poker player, or a great mentorI know that I am often fairly aggressive in my approach at my job, but I try to tailor that to the right situations; I do not act aggressive in arguing with people I don't (or barely do) know over the Internet; and since poker and Hoodeez are parts of his job (I don't know if that is all he does) and are fairly well supported on this forum being aggressive here seems to be counterintuitive
I am who I am. I'm not going to change my reaction to people that I think are out of line because it may or not cause someone to support my business. Personally, I prefer someone that is honest and tells you exactly how they feel than someone that gives a bs answer when they really feel something different entirely. That might rub some people the wrong way but I'm pretty happy with the person I am in life, poker and on this forum. Some people will respect that, others won't, and both are fine. I'm just not quite sure why it seems each time something comes up you appear to try to basically tell me I'm not quite the person you want me to be. You don't like the way I react to things and I don't like your "sensitivity". The difference is, I don't troll you and every time you make a "be nicer" post anywhere on this forum (I will defend myself when you address me specifically), I don't tell you that you are way too sensitive.
I don't know if you're still answering questions but I was wondering if you could explain this particular point further. 1. What type of hands to you review after your session?2. Why do you review right after instead say the next morning.3. Do you review winning hands? losing hands? Against specific players?4. What benefit do you get out of reviewing hands. Are you looking for leaks?5. How many do you review your hands? Do you go over them by yourself or do you have a sound board?Any response is greatly appreciated. thanks,Joe
1. I almost always review my big losers. If I have the time I review most of my losers (probably like 50 BB pots and up) and my medium size winning hands to see if I could have gotten more value. Sometimes I even review my big winning hands to see if another line would have been optimal.2. I want to do it when the hands are fresh so I remember game flow dynamics better. I am going to be more likely to remember that someone 3 bet a few times before a certain hand way more right after than I will the next day. Plus I think doing the review after makes you a lot more accountable to your actions immediately. The next day its much easier to just overlook the accountability aspect because a new day is starting and I am getting ready for that day.3. See #1. I also will occasionally review hands against players who are giving me problems. Usually I write down some notes that I think might be pertinent and add them to my Stars notes next time I play with them. I don't do this often enough and I think as you move up limits it becomes even more important. Now that I found out in HEM you can take notes that go directly in your HUD popup I will make this more of a priority.4. Yes, I am looking for leaks. I am also looking for leaks that others might have. I am also looking for hands that I might want other opinions on to post in the Challenge Thread or on 2+2.5. Usually when I am reviewing hands I can spot a spot I should have played differently immediately. I do send hands to Jesse (pocktdeuces) for another opinion often as well as posting for opinions.
Yes, Rdog is sometimes stubborn and sometimes impatient. I would disagree with the immature part very strongly, so much so that I would say he is probably one of the more mature posters on FCP.He is also probably the single most helpful poster that I have seen since I joined this forum. Look around and see how many long term winning players give you the kind of advice that he gives out, and how often. There aren't any others that come even close.I'm pretty sure he has prior history with NNB though I don't know what it is. I guarantee you he didn't just snap out of nowhere this one time because NNB IM'd him to tell him he was shortstacking, though.
It's still all your fault.
I am who I am. I'm not going to change my reaction to people that I think are out of line because it may or not cause someone to support my business. Personally, I prefer someone that is honest and tells you exactly how you feel than someone that gives a bs answer when they really feel something different entirely. That might rub some people the wrong way but I'm pretty happy with the person I am in life, poker and on this forum. Some people will respect that, others won't, and both are fine. I'm just not quite sure why it seems each time something comes up you appear to try to basically tell me I'm not quite the person you want me to be. You don't like the way I react to things and I don't like your "sensitivity". The difference is, I don't troll you and every time you make a "be nicer" post anywhere on this forum (I will defend myself when you address me specifically), I don't tell you that you are way too sensitive.
You're still OLD.

If you were single and went out to a bar to pick up chicks every night, what percentage of the time do you think you'd bring a girl home?Edit: Is the answer $26?

If you were single and went out to a bar to pick up chicks every night, what percentage of the time do you think you'd bring a girl home?Edit: Is the answer $26?
Are you insinuating he would try to pick up CHICKS?Look, Sunshine's from CALI-FORN-YA. California.
I am who I am. I'm not going to change my reaction to people that I think are out of line because it may or not cause someone to support my business. Personally, I prefer someone that is honest and tells you exactly how you feel than someone that gives a bs answer when they really feel something different entirely. That might rub some people the wrong way but I'm pretty happy with the person I am in life, poker and on this forum. Some people will respect that, others won't, and both are fine. I'm just not quite sure why it seems each time something comes up you appear to try to basically tell me I'm not quite the person you want me to be. You don't like the way I react to things and I don't like your "sensitivity". The difference is, I don't troll you and every time you make a "be nicer" post anywhere on this forum (I will defend myself when you address me specifically), I don't tell you that you are way too sensitive.
not to feed your ego further as you do appear to already be an arrogant twat, but I merely read the thread and thought it was worth commenting; I have never trolled you (i.e. never pm'd you, never went to a thread you created to start an argument [pretty sure I have never posted in a thread you created], and never one deliberately followed you to any thread); EDITED to remove the rest of the post - I think RDog is a complete tool (and accept that he likely thinks the same of me), but I respect many people who are friends with him so I will leave it be
it just seems to me that you have no ability to argue logically whatsoever and instead simply get angry
I'll try to stay out of it from here, but I have to point out this is one of the most inaccurate statements I have ever read.
I'll try to stay out of it from here, but I have to point out this is one of the most inaccurate statements I have ever read.
I stand by this statement, but I thank you for not quoting the whole post, as it allowed the avoidance of a wholly unnecessary argument
not to feed your ego further as you do appear to already be an arrogant twat, but I merely read the thread and thought it was worth commenting; I have never trolled you (i.e. never pm'd you, never went to a thread you created to start an argument [pretty sure I have never posted in a thread you created], and never one deliberately followed you to any thread); EDITED to remove the rest of the post - I think RDog is a complete tool (and accept that he likely thinks the same of me), but I respect many people who are friends with him so I will leave it be
You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Pivvy2001.· View this post· Un-ignore Pivvy2001 Good Luck in your life Stuart Smalley.
Your just jealous.