PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $8.00+$0.80 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t1490)Button (t1410)SB (t3080)BB (t2290)UTG (t1480)UTG+1 (t670)MP1 (t1830)MP2 (t1370)Beaverstyle (MP3) (t1380)Beaverstyle's M: 46.00Preflop: Beaverstyle is MP3 with J :D, J :4h1 fold, UTG+1 calls t20, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20, Beaverstyle raises to t100, 2 folds, SB calls t90, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t80, 1 foldFlop: (t340) 7 :D, K :club:, 2 :ts(3 players)SB checks, UTG+1 bets t570 (All-In), Beaverstyle ?????Standard fold? I've been getting in these spots lately, and have thought everytime "I feel like I'm beat, but why wouldn't he let me bet him all in?" But I honestly only beat a bluff here, in my mind. Does SB yet to act play into your decision?

Standard fold imo. Blinds are stll low, you'd have to put in 670 altogether to make this call and that's assuming that SB doesnt have a hand to come over the top with. Fold and look for a better spot to get those extra 570 chips in. No reason to get yourself in trouble here with JJ.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $8.00+$0.80 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t1490)Button (t1410)SB (t3080)BB (t2290)UTG (t1480)UTG+1 (t670)MP1 (t1830)MP2 (t1370)Beaverstyle (MP3) (t1380)Beaverstyle's M: 46.00Preflop: Beaverstyle is MP3 with J :D, J :4h1 fold, UTG+1 calls t20, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20, Beaverstyle raises to t100, 2 folds, SB calls t90, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t80, 1 foldFlop: (t340) 7 :D, K :club:, 2 :ts(3 players)SB checks, UTG+1 bets t570 (All-In), Beaverstyle ?????Standard fold? I've been getting in these spots lately, and have thought everytime "I feel like I'm beat, but why wouldn't he let me bet him all in?" But I honestly only beat a bluff here, in my mind. Does SB yet to act play into your decision?
I see this play sooooo many times, MOST of the times it's either a flush draw or a pair. I can't see why villain would shove with top pair other than he doesn't want to see you get there with your Ace. I mean, there is a possibility he's shoving the K, but just from my experience I've seen either a draw or smaller pair. I'm a spewtard sometimes, so I probably call.Edit: Also, why is he low on chips this early? Is he donk or just lost when he had the best of it? Something tells me he is a donk, which is probably why I would call.

I'm not so sure it's a fold. What is he limp calling there with such a small stack? If he has AK he's raising preflop. I guess KQ KJ are possibilities, or 77 22. I'd guess this is any pair here, and villain has no other thing to do but shove. He really has no other play, regardless of his cards. I'd call.

Standard fold imoEven if he hasn't hit a K, he's probably got a flush draw.
Explain how it's a standard fold. If he has a flush draw, we're ahead.
Explain how it's a standard fold. If he has a flush draw, we're ahead.
You play on Pokerstars, right? All kidding aside, I honestly think he's turning up a K here most of the time and, if not, he's giving poor odds to call, no? 1.7 to 1. He's the favorite if he's got Ad7d (52-48) or, if Ad4d, you become the favorite by a slim margin (46-54).I guess the call would be based on previous questions: Is he a shovetard? Did he suffer a bad beat to become short stacked?My standard fold is based on some missing information and the fact that a call leaves me with less than 900.Maybe a fold is marginal, but it's safe.
You play on Pokerstars, right? All kidding aside, I honestly think he's turning up a K here most of the time and, if not, he's giving poor odds to call, no? 1.7 to 1. He's the favorite if he's got Ad7d (52-48) or, if Ad4d, you become the favorite by a slim margin (46-54).I guess the call would be based on previous questions: Is he a shovetard? Did he suffer a bad beat to become short stacked?My standard fold is based on some missing information and the fact that a call leaves me with less than 900.Maybe a fold is marginal, but it's safe.
Actually, I rarely play on Stars. Honest question to anyone who plays on both Stars and FTP, are playing styles different?And honestly, I probably don't fold in this spot with JJ.I mean yeah mathematically we're behind or flipping against a draw, but I don't think that all calls/folds should just be based on mathematics. I guess that's where I differ with some.

Same MTT, ITM. Big stack who flats my raise behind doubled up w/ 22>AK AIPF. Yeah, i know.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $8.00+$0.80 Tournament, 400/800 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton (t25846)SB (t18530)BB (t9938)UTG (t5636)Hero (UTG+1) (t20094)MP1 (t16218)MP2 (t8139)MP3 (t17516)CO (t35171)Hero's M: 10.72Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A :club:, Q :club:UTG calls t800, Hero raises to t2200, 3 folds, CO calls t2200, 3 folds, UTG calls t1400Flop: (t8475) A :ts, 2 :4h, J :D(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets t3600, CO calls t3600, UTG calls t3361 (All-In)Turn: (t19036) 7 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)Hero checks, CO checksRiver: (t19036) J :5c(3 players, 1 all-in)Hero checks, CO checksTotal pot: t19036I kinda played this hand quick, but I'm sure my flop bet is way too weak. Should we bet turn? I'm pretty sure I need to raise more preflop as well. Thoughts?

Same MTT, ITM. Big stack who flats my raise behind doubled up w/ 22>AK AIPF. Yeah, i know.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $8.00+$0.80 Tournament, 400/800 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton (t25846)SB (t18530)BB (t9938)UTG (t5636)Hero (UTG+1) (t20094)MP1 (t16218)MP2 (t8139)MP3 (t17516)CO (t35171)Hero's M: 10.72Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A :club:, Q :club:UTG calls t800, Hero raises to t2200, 3 folds, CO calls t2200, 3 folds, UTG calls t1400Flop: (t8475) A :ts, 2 :4h, J :D(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets t3600, CO calls t3600, UTG calls t3361 (All-In)Turn: (t19036) 7 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)Hero checks, CO checksRiver: (t19036) J :5c(3 players, 1 all-in)Hero checks, CO checksTotal pot: t19036I kinda played this hand quick, but I'm sure my flop bet is way too weak. Should we bet turn? I'm pretty sure I need to raise more preflop as well. Thoughts?
I take it that big stack is laggy and can have ATC? If that's the case, the way it's played I think is fine. Yeah, I probably bet more on flop to get some more value here if big stack is laggy. He could be calling you with a weak Ace or even KQ.

JJ hand is a fold I think given your stack size is shit if you lose. I think you're probably a slight fav vs his range here but it's pretty close to a flip. AQ - i bet more on the flop and probably end up shoving most turns. Raise more pre over the limper too? Either that or fold.

An estimate of his rangeBoard: Kd 7h 2dDead: Hand 0: 55.161% 55.16% 00.00% 22936 0.00 { JcJh }Hand 1: 44.839% 44.84% 00.00% 18644 0.00 { TT-77, 22, AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, Ad9d, KTs+, QdJd, QdTd, JdTd, Td9d, 9d8d, 8d7d, 7d6d }For some reason I lost KTo+ which probably gives him a couple moe %

Results on hands?
JJ hand I folded, and the sb called w/ 1010.... Flop pusher had A6hh :club: AQ hand, He showed QJ... sick beat.. I think the dude ended up taking 3rd.

1st hand: Fold unless you have a read that he would bluff-shove a flop with a short stack. We typically see a K or a set here.Results edit: That he had A6s sucked, but no way you could've reasonably called him there without a read.

1st hand: Fold unless you have a read that he would bluff-shove a flop with a short stack. We typically see a K or a set here.Results edit: That he had A6s sucked, but no way you could've reasonably called him there without a read.
I disagree here. If you are short stacked and you see a hand you semi like and play preflop like he did, he has to shove regardless of the flop. He has no choice because he's totally committed.
I think we mostly see that when stacks are bigger. With a shorstack here, typically a donk, they shove a draw or at least a pair, not usually top pair especially if it's a face card.
I disagree here. If you are short stacked and you see a hand you semi like and play preflop like he did, he has to shove regardless of the flop. He has no choice because he's totally committed.
Are we certain villain knows this?
Are we certain villain knows this?
Well, think of the play. What is he going to limp/flat a raise with? Any pair as short as he is he has to shove the raise, or at least raise to begin with. He's desperate for chips. As played though, he sees a limpable hand, can't get away from the raise because he feels he's getting odds. He can't fold this flop, and if he did have a K, maybe he'd try to bet for value?Yes this could be a K, but in my opinion it's nothing better than anything worth limping. With this wide a range, I'd call every time and expect to be a winner far more often than a loser.
Well, think of the play. What is he going to limp/flat a raise with? Any pair as short as he is he has to shove the raise, or at least raise to begin with. He's desperate for chips. As played though, he sees a limpable hand, can't get away from the raise because he feels he's getting odds. He can't fold this flop, and if he did have a K, maybe he'd try to bet for value?Yes this could be a K, but in my opinion it's nothing better than anything worth limping. With this wide a range, I'd call every time and expect to be a winner far more often than a loser.
^^^^^^This
Okay, fair enough. I can see calling here.
I saw this hand and I thought it was a snap call. Was surprised so many advocated a fold.You have to put things in context.The guy just limp/called roughly 1/6th of his stack preflop after another caller... so we can figure that he's either A. an idiot (most likely) or B. a decent player playing bad because he's short stacked early.Either way, it makes no difference, this guy is playing bad and we can figure that out just based on his one action shown in this hand.I would push his range much closer to a some sort of connector like 7 8 or 7 9 rather than a king based on the donk-shove. I think we're ahead of him 80-90% of the time here. The interesting element of the hand is the SB still has to act behind us. What is he flatting with? Most likely some sort of middle pair that we're ahead of, as KQ should be folding OOP and AK would often reraise. This sort of donk-bet often puts us in difficult spots when we have a marginal holding and there are players to act behind us... however, I think this is a clear-cut call.

Shortstacked players here may also try to get as much money in as possible with a strong hand. A limp/call pre when you think you'll get raised behind isn't a bad way to seed the pot.By the book, it's bad, but by the book, you're not sitting in this spot with 670 chips. When I'm this short, I don't mind adding a little variance to maximize the size of the pot when I do decide to get it in, and I'm hardly the only person who thinks like this in these situations.. With his stack at this stage, he's basically gone anyway even if he doubles up, unless he catches some luck. This guy may have played this way with crap and arguably without sense, but not every player in his spot is playing crap without sense.I'd feel more comfortable tossing in half my stack without the over or the flush draw on the board, or with a better idea of how villain plays... unless we never mind tossing half our stack in on marginal situations like this early in a MTT.