Obama And The Plumber

I'm really enjoying reading your posts. Keep it up.
I like you LLY, but sometimes I wish you would just come out and flame me. It would be less painful than these vague sarcastic responses you cut me with. :club:
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like you LLY, but sometimes I wish you would just come out and flame me. It would be less painful than these vague sarcastic responses you cut me with. :club:
Contrary to popular belief, he's not gay.
youve seen revised numbers that I havent?
wait, you don't think this is a recession? mayhaps (lolz) you mean there's something worse than a recession happening right now?
wait, you don't think this is a recession? mayhaps (lolz) you mean there's something worse than a recession happening right now?
It seems like you are missing the point of Cop's responses. There is a specific economic definition of recession and depression. How many months of recession do you think we've had so far, according to the accepted definition?
It seems like you are missing the point of Cop's responses. There is a specific economic definition of recession and depression. How many months of recession do you think we've had so far, according to the accepted definition?
The traditional definition of two consecutive quarters of negative growth for a recession means that you can never actually prove you are in one until after the fact and the economic numbers have come out.I don't think anybody would be surprised if once the numbers come out it shows that the United States currently has negative growth although that isn't a certainty with all the fiscal stimulation at the moment.
The traditional definition of two consecutive quarters of negative growth for a recession means that you can never actually prove you are in one until after the fact and the economic numbers have come out.I don't think anybody would be surprised if once the numbers come out it shows that the United States currently has negative growth although that isn't a certainty with all the fiscal stimulation at the moment.
Yeah, all those pesky "Traditional Definitions" getting in the way of making unfounded claims.I hate that.People have been stating that we have been in a recession for at least the past two years and we have yet to see a single quarter of negative growth.So, by definition they've been what is known as "wrong".
Who cares if you cant prove youre in one until after the fact? Its not like policy is being delayed for "official numbers". The irony is that in a post/thread with rants that attempt to blame prior recessions on particular Congresses are quite happy to use the accepted definition (although with misapplied attribution because of timing), but when it doesnt fit their agenda the definition isnt good enough.
we have been shielded from the "breadline" type recession by the chinese propping up the dollar in exchange for us buying their lead ridden goods...moral of the story...don't stiff your waiter at pf changs :club:
Even though your joking, your basic premise might mislead some people. The manipulation of Chinese currency undercuts the dollar, it doesnt prop it up.