Lack Of New Content Is Just Getting Worse

Yeah, I remember, but there was a "charter registration" thing on the main page, I recall. Maybe it had nothing to do with my forum account, but I used to play on there a billion years ago, and I never signed up for the famous "charter membership."
Well, you missed out on a legion of Charter promotions, lemme tell you.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess "knows a lot about math and game theory" doesn't fill out a resume like tournament results, but I doubt there are many people without an interest in the success of PVT who honestly believe it's a better product than DC. (For cash games, anyway. I didn't realize people even still played tournies.)
True datThat's funny

I agree and disagree with some of the points you guys are making, unfortunately I'm in no position to change things. I do want to touch on a couple of the issues you guys are talking about. I don't think you guys understand that VT is not trying to BE cardrunners, like all the other sites are, I think it'd be fair to say that PokerVT is a totally different product than CR or DC. I'm pretty sure PVT is trying to deviate from the norm as far as poker instruction goes, and it's trying an approach that, with some work put into it, can work way better than just watching videos. When Daniel promoted the site, he didn't lie about what you guys were getting, in fact he made it very clear that online videos were only a small part of the site as a whole. I haven't talked to the "main guys" at pokervt too much, but I think that they're more concerned with being able to teach a wider audience than something like deuces cracked who imo only really targets the 2+2 type of guy. I think pokerVT is a quality site that can do what no other site can, which is get a total random player and make him understand the game and play better. For instance, I think that if you go to the wsop and get a total random guy who's playing his first wsop event and you put him on VT he'd learn WAY more about cash and tournament play than he would if he goes on another site and just watches videos for hours. At the same time I think a 1/2-3/6 nl player can learn a lot from Boosted's videos, and an online tourney grinder can learn a ton from Adam, Annette and I (not sure why none of my tourney vids are up yet, I should have a few up soon). Not only that but I think the few mid-highstakes videos we have can give you a different perspective than what all the other dudes show. I'm not trying to bash the other sites because I think some of their content is pretty good, but when I play online especially at the 2/4 and 3/6 stakes I can usually spot who's a cardrunner's type guy within a few orbits, and it's not very hard to beat them as long as you keep yourself updated on the latest trends in play. It's like playing bots sometimes, bots that win money by beating the bad players that sit in. I guess my point is that you can probably learn more watching a couple good players that take a different approach than you will watching 10 different good players that play virtually the same. I didn't really know if that was true or not until this past month, I decided to try and coach a guy that has a bunch of posts on 2+2 and is the typical winning small stakes 2+2/cardrunner's type guy, he'd beat the games up to 3/6 nl for a long time and he's made up to 6 figures. When I watched him play for the first time I was in shock, this dude knew the logic behind almost everything, knew the odds, when to 3bet, what to 4bet, but he really almost had no hand reading skills which caused him not to bluff as much as he should, and not get enough value from hands etc...He was doing things that weren't mistakes, but they weren't optimal or even all that good if he had been playing a better player. When he'd sweat me playing tournaments he said I was doing things that he wouldn't even have thought of and after explaining why I did it, he'd fully understand and know what situations to apply it to. We got about 25 hrs or so of HU cash and tourney strat and his approach and view of the game has done a total 180 for the better, he's crushing. I don't know about the rest of the videos but personally, I try to talk way more about the general theory behind certain plays and about my approach to certain situations rather than just focus on how to play the T8s or the KQo, which is what I think most of the other sites do. I also realize I make mistakes all the time, so I try to catch those whenever I do and say why I think it was a mistake. I know my videos can use some work, but tbh I'm not very used to talking through a hand, I'll try to get better. About the Paul thing, I find it funny that you guys are being somewhat elitist for no reason other than the fact that this dude is super excited about the product and what he's gotten from it, like "If I don't like PVT, then you couldn't have learned shit from it either Paul" or the insanely douchey "I didn't know people still played mtt's" comment was my fav, <3 Dutch ....I didn't read all of this guy's posts, and I don't know anything about him...but I do know that when I first started playing I could have written 10 pages on why "Howard Lederer: Secrets of No Limit Hold'em" was the best poker instruction I'd ever received. If I watch that dvd now I probably wouldn't learn anything useful from it, but that doesn't mean that the DVD wasn't a major catalyst in my game at the time. As bad as the instruction may seem these days, that dvd is probably the reason why I'm still playing poker now. So my point is, who are you guys to argue whether or not PokerVT is the best training site he can subscribe to? Just because it doesn't have enough content for a micro stakes cash grinder, that doesn't mean that it's not the best site for Paul. Like I said earlier, and like DN said when promoting the site : the online videos are only a small part of the product.... Maybe you guys don't care about live poker, but I know that I lost over 100k my first 6 months live because I was totally clueless about deepstack play in cash games, tells, tourney strat, long levels etc...the "live" section of pokerVT is awesome imo, I've had friends that play like nosebleeds online who have seen it and thought it was great. I do wish that they could figure out a way to have a new one of those every two weeks or so, but for now they can't (I just shot a live cash game with Arieh a couple weeks ago), hopefully once the site grows those videos can come out more frequently. So I do agree that the site has its flaws and it can definitely get better. At the same time, having met most of the PokerVT crew, I can tell you that they're working very hard on the quality of the website at the moment and the volume (quantity) will start to grow as the site develops within the next few months. You guys are forgetting that it takes a little bit of time to build a decent sized library of videos.

I think it was a pretty good idea to respond here JC and I think you did a solid job in doing so, but I'll just respond to a few things.I think that a lot of the friction is coming from suspicion here. Dutch and Mac are highly concerned about the legitimacy of some of the posters (not limited to Paul) who came in with glowing reviews and derision for other sites. A few posters have join dates coinciding with the same date range as the release of of PVT and have no posts outside of their promotion of the site. Honestly I can't completely write off their concerns, even though their particular brand of cynicism isn't generally my bag.With the comparisons to sites such as CR and DC, I think a lot of this stuff came because of the original spirit of the thread. Complaints were made about PVT and as a response, people brought up the benefits and advantages of those more established sites. In the areas that were deemed as problems, those sites are very much superior and a much better value. That doesn't mean that PVT doesn't also have areas of value and the potential for a lot more, but right now there just isn't enough to justify the maniacal advocacy and complete dismissal of other options. These statements are clearly not objective and therein rises the suspicion.With all of this said, I do hope PVT succeeds and none of these problems are an issue in the future.

I have been extremely disapointed with my membership.
I concur this is getting ridiculous.
PVT is way behind the competition. Put your hand and admit that the site has been crap so far.
The problem here is that you're charging first class rates for a third class site.
Im am absolutely SHOCKED at all this negative feedback!
Well, you missed out on a legion of Charter promotions, lemme tell you.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
I think it was a pretty good idea to respond here JC and I think you did a solid job in doing so, but I'll just respond to a few things.I think that a lot of the friction is coming from suspicion here. Dutch and Mac are highly concerned about the legitimacy of some of the posters (not limited to Paul) who came in with glowing reviews and derision for other sites. A few posters have join dates coinciding with the same date range as the release of of PVT and have no posts outside of their promotion of the site. Honestly I can't completely write off their concerns, even though their particular brand of cynicism isn't generally my bag.With the comparisons to sites such as CR and DC, I think a lot of this stuff came because of the original spirit of the thread. Complaints were made about PVT and as a response, people brought up the benefits and advantages of those more established sites. In the areas that were deemed as problems, those sites are very much superior and a much better value. That doesn't mean that PVT doesn't also have areas of value and the potential for a lot more, but right now there just isn't enough to justify the maniacal advocacy and complete dismissal of other options. These statements are clearly not objective and therein rises the suspicion.With all of this said, I do hope PVT succeeds and none of these problems are an issue in the future.
Yea, I mean the dude is kind of overly excited about everything but whatever... fluffdog ends every post with 27 of these things : :club: and he's actually a good player and smart guy, people have different personalities and I can totally see someone getting very excited if he's new to poker and has finally started to win. ****, when I was 19 I got a picture with Sklansky and thanked him for writing SSHE. And obviously there will be new posters signing up on FCP once PVT launches, how can this be suspicious to any of you? I'll try to paint a picture for ya:NoobMcgee is a new PVT subscriber who was informed about the site during the WSOP convention thing, NoobMcgee goes on the website and has a few questions, emails support "Hey I want to talk about this hand Annette played, do you guys have a forum?" support says "Go to FCP and post under the PokerVT section"....voila! you have a new FCP'er that will probably only post on the PokerVT section. It's really not as far fetched as you guys are making it out to be. Saying "DC is WAY better than PVT" is an insanely broad statement though, considering that DC and CR specialize 100% on videos it'd be kind of absurd if they didn't have more videos up than PokerVT wouldn't it? Currently, online instructional videos only compose like 25% of the PVT content. Hopefully in the near future that 25% will be an enormous amount of online videos, but be patient, the site has to grow.
****, when I was 19 I got a picture with Sklansky and thanked him for writing SSHE.
Was his retard girl friend in the picture too, or was she holding the camera?
And obviously there will be new posters signing up on FCP once PVT launches, how can this be suspicious to any of you? I'll try to paint a picture for ya:NoobMcgee is a new PVT subscriber who was informed about the site during the WSOP convention thing, NoobMcgee goes on the website and has a few questions, emails support "Hey I want to talk about this hand Annette played, do you guys have a forum?" support says "Go to FCP and post under the PokerVT section"....voila! you have a new FCP'er that will probably only post on the PokerVT section. It's really not as far fetched as you guys are making it out to be.
There's a qualitative difference between this scenerio and paul's posts. It's not like people are going around, bashing on everyone who said anything nice about poker VT.. Pauls posts are extremely rabid, and extremely hostile to any criticism of pokerVT, and extremely critical of any other product, to a comical degree. That simply isn't normal.
Was his retard girl friend in the picture too, or was she holding the camera?There's a qualitative difference between this scenerio and paul's posts. It's not like people are going around, bashing on everyone who said anything nice about poker VT.. Pauls posts are extremely rabid, and extremely hostile to any criticism of pokerVT, and extremely critical of any other product, to a comical degree. That simply isn't normal.
I know it's a huge mistake to come back for one more smack across the screen but here we go.BigD, I didn't start bashing until I had been ripped apart by you guys. If you look at the post, I was very patient. I only posted results and stuff and immediately I was gang banged. I am totally new to all the forum stuff and had no idea that if a guy wanted to come on the site and post a positive review about some incredible results that he would be torn to pieces. I seriously thought that this forum was made for guys that were supporters of PVT. Call me naive but remember, I have never posted on a site like this. I kept getting bashed over and over! Now saying that, I was also a musician for many years that played in the bars that had chicke wire and shit up where the drunks would throw beer bottles at us. I would take that for a while too before bashing a guy over the head with a pool stick. When I had enough beer bottles thrown at me by you guys I finally picked up a freakin pook stick. Ok? Now, if you will read my post, I have not been 100% behind PVT. I wrote several post about stating that I wasn't getting anything out of the online portion and that my cash game was only slightly improved. As a matter of fact, I have almost completely abandoned the cash games and online stuff. I figured that if I can pull in six figures playing tournaments, why would I care about the other two. Go back and read them for yourself. So what is all the crying about when a guy says that he has found a great deal of success from PVT? Are you really that cynical against me or just Daniel? I don't laugh at the fact that you are still reading comic books. Well, ok, maybe I do. I don't laugh that that chain thing you have around your neck. Well... anyway. Just kidding dude! We all have our little things don't we. It's kinda like I told Daniel when I met him. I have met Presidents, Movie Stars, worked for guys that could buy every poker player you have known combined but they never made me this much money! When I talked to Paul Wasicka it was pretty cool. I even bought a piece of a pros action in the Main Event and almost won back the $10,000! I have to admit that I was pretty lucky. Please understand. I was really a shitty player. I truly read tons of books and went to a lot of sites but they were a little too complicated I guess. Daniels site was different in that it spoke to me in a way that I could understand it and afterwards I cleaned up in the tournaments. I still suck online. I still only make a couple of hundred dollars if I sit down at a 1/3 table when I'm waiting for the tournament to start but I usually see a final table or at least get close. I also still make a dumb mistake every once in a while. Like last night when I was thrilled that I had the Ad-10d and a guy called my all in when the last card made my flush. I flipped over the Ah-10h! Dumbass move and I admit it. I was totally distracted by something and lost my mind and didn't look back at my cards before I went all in. I've only really been playing good poker for about four months. JC is totally correct. I am way excited and I go to all the new guys and tell them about PVT. I know that my word means nothing to you but I am honestly brutal that I don't get one thing from PVT. The closest thing to a deal with pokervt is that they gave me a hat and two shirts and one of the guys said that if they ever had intermediate players play at the table with the pros on PVT they might ask me to be one of the guys. I am sure that after all the bashing and my bashing back, I've lost that chance but oh well. I can only be me just like you can only be you. I wanted to be good at poker. I tried for over a year and was below average. Being that I am not built for sports and since I lost my election by eight votes, I knew that I was not going to be a superstar athlete or politician. I was naive enough to watch the guys on TV and I honestly watched for more of Doyle, Phil Ivey, Scotty, and Eric than anyone else. I had just finished Dan's third book and didn't improve enough to want to continue playing poker and was about to quit. I picked up Daniels book and read it in about two days. I went into a $500 buy in with about 50 players and placed third and took home more money than I had in the prior year. I then signed up for PVT and played in two MTT rebuys that were giving away seats for every 10k. I was the top player in the two I played in and won several other tournaments or made the final table. Now, if that had happened to you and you saw there was a site with a forum for PVT, wouldn't you go in there and be a little excited about what had just happened to you too? Then again, I guess you might go in and say "Well I played in 16 tournaments and ONLY saw 11 final tables. If it was any kinda real site, I would be doing the same online and at the cash game. This site is only 1/3 the site it should be! SCREW YOU DANIEL!!!! I'M ONLY GETTING 1/3rd MY MONEY'S WORTH!"I know I'm just wasting my time and your time by posting here (this will probably be the only paragraph in quotes I know) but I keep thinking that you guys will understand that I never meant to turn into a kid when I started posting. It's just that it was like PVT was like taking a hit and saying "MAN! THAT IS SOME GREAT...!" anyway you get my point.Sorry BigD, but you are the one that is way out of line and being a, what do yall call it, an elitist?
Now saying that, I was also a musician for many years that played in the bars that had chicke wire and shit up where the drunks would throw beer bottles at us. I would take that for a while too before bashing a guy over the head with a pool stick. When I had enough beer bottles thrown at me by you guys I finally picked up a freakin pook stick. Ok?
This isn't the type of post that engenders credibility.
As a matter of fact, I have almost completely abandoned the cash games and online stuff. I figured that if I can pull in six figures playing tournaments, why would I care about the other two.
See, it's things like this that are the issue... do you realize how very much that sounds like an infomercial testimonial?
Are you really that cynical against me or just Daniel?
Yes? But you and Daniel shouldn't take it personally, I'm cynical in general. I'm Cynical about Poker VT due to past history, as I've said, and I'm cynical about you because your testimonials are extremely fishy.
I don't laugh at the fact that you are still reading comic books. Well, ok, maybe I do. I don't laugh that that chain thing you have around your neck. Well... anyway. Just kidding dude!
Next time you kid, you should try using humor. Also, that is not me in that picture. That is Pornographic actress audrey hollander, who is known for her willingness to perform in extreme and kinky scenes. I'm a fan of her work.
. It's kinda like I told Daniel when I met him. I have met Presidents, Movie Stars, worked for guys that could buy every poker player you have known combined but they never made me this much money!
I smoked Weed with Heed from So I married an axe murderer once at college
I know that my word means nothing to you but I am honestly brutal that I don't get one thing from PVT. The closest thing to a deal with pokervt is that they gave me a hat and two shirts and one of the guys said that if they ever had intermediate players play at the table with the pros on PVT they might ask me to be one of the guys.
Assuming this is true, that's simply unjust.. for all the hard work you do praising them, they should be paying you at this point.
Now, if that had happened to you and you saw there was a site with a forum for PVT, wouldn't you go in there and be a little excited about what had just happened to you too? Then again, I guess you might go in and say "Well I played in 16 tournaments and ONLY saw 11 final tables. If it was any kinda real site, I would be doing the same online and at the cash game. This site is only 1/3 the site it should be! SCREW YOU DANIEL!!!! I'M ONLY GETTING 1/3rd MY MONEY'S WORTH!"
Once again ,there's a qualitative difference between what you're doing, and being " a little bit excited"
I know I'm just wasting my time and your time by posting here (this will probably be the only paragraph in quotes I know)
Wrong
Sorry BigD, but you are the one that is way out of line and being a, what do yall call it, an elitist?
Well, I think what you really mean to say is *******, but elitist works too. It's a pretty valid criticism to say that I'm either of those. But I think that anything I've said about DN's endorsement history is completely accurate. Any concerns I've raised about Poker VT should be something an educated consumer considers before purchasing VT.Truthfully, your endorsement of the site really means exactly nothing to me in terms of considering purchasing a membership. For a couple reasons. One, your word and testimonials mean nothing. I only know of you from your lavish VT praise. I would want unbiased reviews from forum members I trust, or better still from forums that have no affiliation with the product. The testimonials with people who are affiliated with Poker VT or strangers whos motives I have suspicions of aren't of much value. The other main reason I don't have much interest, as I've stated before, is I don't have a terrible interest in learning the ins and outs of small ball. Playing in the type of tournaments that it is applicable to really doesn't interest me at this point, nor would it appeal to the majority of the posters on this forum, I would imagine. If Poker VT wants to attract consumers like me, they are going to have to expand the quantity and quality of their non-small ball content, as I stated earlier. I'm not saying this to bash VT,I'm sure there are consumers it appeals to, I am just to expressing my opinion, as a consumer.Paul, if you are not a shill for this site, I do apologize. You do give an excellent impersonation of a shill. and as I said, you should be getting paid at this point.
...or the insanely douchey "I didn't know people still played mtt's" comment was my fav, <3 Dutch ....I didn't read all of this guy's posts, and I don't know anything about him...
Look around the site. Read some of my most popular work. You'll quickly see that I'm almost certainly the best, funniest, most self-aware poster since Smash. Then reread that comment and see if you can better understand its thrust. As for your defense of the site, I'm humbled by your almost subconscious dance around the words I was really expecting to hear (pretty much anything involving "beginner," really). It's a really nice argument, but it still fails to in any way convince me that PVT is better way for 99.9% of the posters here to spend their finite poker-educational dollar. As far as elitism goes, your comments about "2+2 type players" extends to the majority of the winning players on this forum, many of whom make their living through poker. I don't doubt that there are talented players who can exploit a lot of the analytical "2+2 type" players to some degree, and I know that tons of these types of players are simply bad, but there are also lot of them who I'd take in a LHE cash came over most of the PVT instructors. The upper level of the 4 crowd is extremely studious, conscious of exploitability and on average a ton more profitable than your apparent target audience (which takes me back to "beginner"). That's probably coming out more combative than I mean it to, and it's not really the point I was trying to make, and I'm sorry if it seem antagonistic, but it seems like your point is half that the advice given on the site is more awesome and advanced than what we currently understand and half that it's less advanced than we'd want.I don't really know you too well either but what I've seen you seem like a fairly cool guy whose NLH game (at least, and I would imagine many other games) is 100% beyond reproach, but that whole post seemed kind of like another smokescreen thrown up to defend a slickly packaged product designed more to appeal to TV poker fans with much sexier ideas about poker than could sustainable be realized. If sick, unconventional, magical 2+2-alien hand-reading skills are something that can be taught in these videos/this course, and players I trust and respect can confirm this, I'll be signing up myself. Until then, I can't in good conscience voice any other opinion.
Look around the site. Read some of my most popular work. You'll quickly see that I'm almost certainly the best, funniest, most self-aware poster since Smash. Then reread that comment and see if you can better understand its thrust. I'm a fan, thus the "<3 dutch" ....I didn't know you wanted to actually be Smash so I didn't detect the reference."As for your defense of the site, I'm humbled by your almost subconscious dance around the words I was really expecting to hear (pretty much anything involving "beginner," really). It's a really nice argument, but it still fails to in any way convince me that PVT is better way for 99.9% of the posters here to spend their finite poker-educational dollar. "Not trying to argue one way or the other, once again, I'm just trying to make you realize that PVT is just an entirely different product than CR or DC. Maybe you don't think learning to play live is important, that's cool but I do think it's really important, and I have a bunch of very good online friends that are trying very hard to get better at live poker atm. Maybe you don't think the math is all that important, I don't either, but I bet there are a ton of new guys and a bunch of bad live players that can REALLY benefit from watching the math prof. And if you don't like either of those sections you also get to watch Boosted and I if you're looking to learn cash from online players, or Annette and Adam if you're looking to learn MTT's from online players.Here's an example of what you're trying to argue:You're at a party and the host brings these babies out...339.jpgI LOVE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!! YAY!! ....The rest of the party is like "yea chocolate chip cookies are pretty damn good imo, I can eat these all night" some other guys are like "Yea CC cookies are good, but I can only have so many before I get tired of them" and some of the chicks are like "I can't eat chocolate, this sucks because I'm really hungry" You're at a party the next week and the host brings this out...item2325_cookies_plate.jpgYou're like "WTF, 3 chocolat chip cookies OMG THIS IS THE WORST SERVING OF COOKIES EVER!" Some other dudes are like "Not bad I like Oatmeal just as much I like C.C. I like this serving of cookies more than the other one because there is variety". Then the chicks go "Nice I'll have some of these fruit cookies" and you're like "STFU WOMAN! How dare you get excited for fruit cookies!?!? Fruit Cookies suck, your opinion is worthless, I'm leaving and SO SHOULD YOU!!!!" .... and that proves my point...I think... As far as elitism goes, your comments about "2+2 type players" extends to the majority of the winning players on this forum, many of whom make their living through poker. I don't doubt that there are talented players who can exploit a lot of the analytical "2+2 type" players to some degree, and I know that tons of these types of players are simply bad, but there are also lot of them who I'd take in a LHE cash came over most of the PVT instructors. The upper level of the 4 crowd is extremely studious, conscious of exploitability and on average a ton more profitable than your apparent target audience (which takes me back to "beginner"). We do LHE videos? That's probably coming out more combative than I mean it to, and it's not really the point I was trying to make, and I'm sorry if it seem antagonistic, but it seems like your point is half that the advice given on the site is more awesome and advanced than what we currently understand and half that it's less advanced than we'd want.Back to the cookies....not everyone is just like you. I don't really know you too well either but what I've seen you seem like a fairly cool guyYes whose NLH game (at least, and I would imagine many other games) is 100% beyond reproach,No but that whole post seemed kind of like another smokescreen thrown up to defend a slickly packaged product designed more to appeal to TV poker fans with much sexier ideas about poker than could sustainable be realized. Nope, just trying to make the point that online videos only make up about 25% of PokerVT's and theres something for everyone. At the same time, I think most people could actually benefit from more than 1 feature on pokerVT. Shit, if I get the chance to listen to what Kirk Morrison thinks when he's playing live, I'll definitely pay attention. You might be too good for that though, so it would probably be better to skip it If sick, unconventional, magical 2+2-alien hand-reading skillsI just wrote a cardplayer article with a paragraph on how typical it is for people to say things like this, and how dumb it is...
I never said VT doesn't have flaws, or shouldn't have more content, I'm just saying it hasn't reached it's full potential but it isn't trying to be cardrunners, not sure if you know this but it's not illegal to subscribe to 2 or more training sites, fyi...
: ( .....my main point is that if you ONLY like chocolate chip cookies you probably won't get laid.
lol I was just joking anyway.. the phrase " as solid as my stool" popped into my head, and I used it because it was funny. You eloquent and elaborate defense of PVT makes sense to me, since you're an instructor there. It's Pauls that doesn't make sense to me. See if you can get him on the pay roll, or at least comp him some months, he deserves it at this point.
I just wrote a cardplayer article with a paragraph on how typical it is for people to say things like this, and how dumb it is...
(I'd appreciate a link to this article.)I certainly believe hand reading is a skill that is learned, and it's a skill that's heavily taught on sites like DC, and putting people on hand ranges is a huge part of the game me and my peers try to stress in our strat discussions. I simply assumed that your comments were meant to imply that there was something magical beyond what we are able to infer from the type of analysis that's really a major part of what guys like Bryce or people on DC stress. If this isn't the case, please correct me, and I'd really like to know what it is you did mean.
I never said VT doesn't have flaws, or shouldn't have more content, I'm just saying it hasn't reached it's full potential...
...Well, when it does reach its potential, I look forward to the glorious leaps my game will take with the site's help (assuming I'm not banned by that point.)
...but it isn't trying to be cardrunners, not sure if you know this but it's not illegal to subscribe to 2 or more training sites, fyi...
Right. It's not illegal. But it's extremely expensive for most of the posters here, and unreasonable or not I think most of us expect that if we're shelling out that kind of ducatage, we're not going to have to shell it out on another site too because this one continually fails to live up it "its potential" in supplying up with the type of content we're asking for.

Good, mature post JC.I don't think anyone is bashing Paul because he has had success, they are bashing him because he sounds like he is doing an infomercial for PokerVT. There are also several other new posters who have just joined the site. Of course it makes sense that alot of new members will join the site solely because they are members of PVT and will post almost solely about PVT (since the only reason they joined FCP was to talk about PVT). However, new members joining, making posts that give rave reviews about PokerVT is one thing, but what doesn't make sense to me is, all of these posts and threads from new members are usually 3-4 paragraphs, perfectly spelt, perfect grammar and very 'well written'. It is hard to believe that several new PokerVT members just joined FCP, all of which had great results in the past few months, felt they had to enthusiastically review the product, and do it in such a way that it looks like a typical marketing campaign. If the posts looked like this:

just joined PokerVT and its AWESOME!! I played 14 tournamnets in the last few months and had great results (cashing in 11 of them!). Id rly recommend poker vt to anyone who wants to improve their live MTT game. I really liked DNs section on Small Ball, it complemented his book very well.
then I for one would tend to find them a lot more believable. Yes, it is borderline retarded to discredit someone for using correct spelling, but, I'm sure several other respected posters agree with my point of view.Also to JC, 25% are vids? Do you mean, 25% are live online sessions (like many of your vids)? As in, would you consider videos such as Charley Swayne's lectures and BoostedJ's .5/1 cash game session different 'types' of videos? Because if you include Swayne's lectures as 'videos' then this must consitute more than 25% of the site. The only additional thing to the videos I can see is quizzes.
Good, mature post JC.I don't think anyone is bashing Paul because he has had success, they are bashing him because he sounds like he is doing an infomercial for PokerVT. There are also several other new posters who have just joined the site. Of course it makes sense that alot of new members will join the site solely because they are members of PVT and will post almost solely about PVT (since the only reason they joined FCP was to talk about PVT). However, new members joining, making posts that give rave reviews about PokerVT is one thing, but what doesn't make sense to me is, all of these posts and threads from new members are usually 3-4 paragraphs, perfectly spelt, perfect grammar and very 'well written'. It is hard to believe that several new PokerVT members just joined FCP, all of which had great results in the past few months, felt they had to enthusiastically review the product, and do it in such a way that it looks like a typical marketing campaign. Yes, it is borderline retarded to discredit someone for using correct spelling, but, I'm sure several other respected posters agree with my point of view
Yes, this is exactly the issue with Paul. It's not his success, it's not that he's happy to be doing well, it's that all his posts sound like infomercial testimonials. That is just not normal, and trying to claim it is normal only hurts your credibility. Maybe he is just a really enthusiastic fan, but please don't insult our intelligence and say this is an understandable or usual way for someone to act.

really, for me the price just isn't right. i would love to sign up for this but there isn't enough content to justify the price for me, especially since it isn't geared towards the games i like to play. i hope you guys add more content though, becouse it looks both interesting and a step in a differnet direction from other sites.

Ok, would this be a better review for someone like me?I read Daniels book and placed third in a $500 MTT so I signed on to PVT. I played 14 tournaments and cashed in 11 and won two seats in the Main Event in two weeks.I can't say much for cash or online content because nothing on it has clicked with me yet like the Small Ball tournament approach that Daniel teaches.I went to the WSOP Academy few weeks later. I was coached by Annie Duke, Paul Wasicka, Greg Raymer, Annette Obrestad, and Mark Seif, and many others. I learned a little something from each one of them but nothing that really clicked for me. I had a friend that took Annie's lessons and won a seat to the main event in a MTT. Both of them tried PVT and the Small Ball approach screwed up their game. I had another friend that used Mark's style well in an event. My friend Alex Othred, who's the main instructor for the WSOP Academy, placed 54th in the Main Event but his style doesn't work for me either. They were all great coaches but I didn't feel comfortable with any of their styles. It wasn't a waste of time or money because I did learn a little something from each of them but not a complete style of play. What I have learned from these experiences was that you need to try a little of everything. Goto as many sites as possible to learn what you are wanting to excel in and when you find what works for you it will be worth a mint and you won't care what the cost was. If I were Thomas Edison I would say, "I didn't fail by not finding success on all the other sites or books I bought. I just found a hundred ways that didn't teach me what came natural for me to win at poker." If your serious about poker, you won't mind spending the money to try any site or book for at least a month. If it doesn't work for you, try another site or get a coach that will teach you a style that you feel comfortable with. As for me, Daniels Small Ball approach is the best thing for me and I'm gonna stick with the site. I don't get a lot of excitement from cash nor online play so I'm going to stick with what I know for now. One word of advice, if you want to give a review after you have made a small fortune by finding a site that really works for you. Give it a while to let the excitement calm down or you'll sound like an infomercial and you'll have ******* like BigD treat you like Tommy Vu. Better D?