Serge's Anti- Pens, Habs, Sens Thread

I was as well and I was even more surprised to hear talk from national media actually NOT making him out to the best player that ever played. I don't think I have ever heard so many negative comments about him in one sitting. But I do think it is being blown out of proportion and they are making it a bigger deal because they are the one's who put him up on that pedestal of greatness. Bad games happen to all the great players. I have no doubt that Crosby will be back next year.
Especially since last round people were talking about Crosby breaking the playoff scoring record. What have you done for me lately I guess.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please keep any anti-Montreal trolling to this thread only   It really is annoying when it's in multiple threads and it's why this one exists.

Especially since last round people were talking about Crosby breaking the playoff scoring record. What have you done for me lately I guess.
I honestly thought Crosby and the Pens in general looked tired and worn out the past couple of games. Crosby, I think, has a bit of an out: he played hockey until mid june, the went to the Team Canada Camp in the summer, then played a full exhibition and NHL schedule PLUS the olympics. It's not an excuse for their performance, especially Fleury, but it was definately a factor.
I honestly thought Crosby and the Pens in general looked tired and worn out the past couple of games. Crosby, I think, has a bit of an out: he played hockey until mid june, the went to the Team Canada Camp in the summer, then played a full exhibition and NHL schedule PLUS the olympics. It's not an excuse for their performance, especially Fleury, but it was definately a factor.
I thought the Crosby and Malkin had bursts but I don't think their support was there over the last few games...especially game 7. Dupuis seemed like the only one who put in a consistent effort. Where was Cooke in game 7? Where was Talbot, kennedy, Fedotenko, Rupp, Ponikarovsky the whole series. It's a lot easier to defend against a couple of key players when the other players aren't much of a threat.
I thought the Crosby and Malkin had bursts but I don't think their support was there over the last few games...especially game 7. Dupuis seemed like the only one who put in a consistent effort. Where was Cooke in game 7? Where was Talbot, kennedy, Fedotenko, Rupp, Ponikarovsky the whole series. It's a lot easier to defend against a couple of key players when the other players aren't much of a threat.
We should ask Zach,Doox,fryer and them to give us a report..Its crickets in the Pens thread..CRICKETS..CHIRP CHIRP

I am really not sure which way to go here..Do we want Philly or do we want Boston to win.I dont think Boston can get the job done offensively vs Montreal. Rask has played well but the Bruins are just snake bit and will be hard to come back from 3 straight losses...Philly did though.I think the goaltending situation in Philly is tough..Leighton has performed admirably, can he keep it up..I think my best chance of beating Montreal is with Philly...It would also be pretty sick to have the 7 and 8 seeds in the Semifinals..I doubt that has ever happened...It probably hasnt even happened the 6 and the 8th seed.I would really like to get this game over so i can prepare my team for the upcoming war against Montreal.We have lost the two first 2 battles with some super powers, however we havent lost the war...

I just want to thank the Montreal Canadiens for making the playoffs exciting again..Hoping for you to lose has kept my interest going..Thanks

Pretty ironic the reason the Flyers made the playoffs is because OLE Jokinen couldnt score..OLE OLE OLE OLE

What do the Ottawa Senators, Pittsburgh Penguins and the Montreal Canadiens all have in common?None of them have scored in the 3rd round.OLE

What do the Ottawa Senators, Pittsburgh Penguins and the Montreal Canadiens all have in common?None of them have scored in the 3rd round.OLE
You should probably avoid jokes that can have the Leafs added to the punchline.
You should probably avoid jokes that can have the Leafs added to the punchline.
No, don't worry, it's safe: the leafs are never the punchline. They're the joke.
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of the most hilarious things you will see...It should go in the Habs thread, but wasnt sure if they would be offended.

This is one of the most hilarious things you will see...It should go in the Habs thread, but wasnt sure if they would be offended.
Hahaha yeah, been watching this doozy for a little while now. Is #14 for the Habs Plekanec? Cause whoever it is, he is Mike Richards' bitch. The video does raise a discussion-worthy point though, one that isn't just "Eff the habs" banter. ARE the Habs futures looking as bleak as the video would suggest?
Hahaha yeah, been watching this doozy for a little while now. Is #14 for the Habs Plekanec? Cause whoever it is, he is Mike Richards' bitch. The video does raise a discussion-worthy point though, one that isn't just "Eff the habs" banter. ARE the Habs futures looking as bleak as the video would suggest?
Just as bleak as was suggested last season when they had so many free agents? LOL
  • 3 weeks later...

some might good jokes and twitter comments popping up about the disaster of a trade the Habs pulled off..My favourite:" Didnt realize John Ferguson Jr was hired by the Habs and has started making trades already"

some might good jokes and twitter comments popping up about the disaster of a trade the Habs pulled off..My favourite:" Didnt realize John Ferguson Jr was hired by the Habs and has started making trades already"
A serious question for you...Do you think Halak would ever be worth more than he is now?

seems like everyone's taking this as an opportunity to take a big ol' dump on lars eller. check his AHL numbers. watch his goals in the NHL last year. he's already got the tools to be a solid two-way second line center, could potentially develop into a big scoring threat. montreal did fine here.I kinda think we've all got the value system from the FCHL/2 and other second-tier fantasy leagues so thoroughly drilled into our heads that it spills into these discussions.

seems like everyone's taking this as an opportunity to take a big ol' dump on lars eller. check his AHL numbers. watch his goals in the NHL last year. he's already got the tools to be a solid two-way second line center, could potentially develop into a big scoring threat. montreal did fine here.I kinda think we've all got the value system from the FCHL/2 and other second-tier fantasy leagues so thoroughly drilled into our heads that it spills into these discussions.
I think it has more to do with the Habs and not so much about Lars Eller.Eller and Schultz are going to be solid NHLers.
A serious question for you...Do you think Halak would ever be worth more than he is now?
Well, no...but I sure thought he was worth more than that.