Any Metal Heads Here?

Slayer did a good version of Inna Gadda Da Vida back in the late 80s for the Less Than Zero soundtrack. I saw them at Ozzfest years ago. They were okay.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slipknots definitly not metal but im more into metal core and tech metal like August Burns Red and Between the buried and me, dont know if we have any other hardcore listeners around here
i like hardcore. i hate metalcore. i feel its a perversion of nyhc the same way what is now called emo is a perversion of getupkids/promise ring/weston type bands.
Motorhead is terrible too. If you want real metal, then take a look, no further.. then the seventh day of july, 1777....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku7ePuQrfng
if your gonna go for that sort of thing i think cradle of filth is the best. although mercyful fate aint too bad either. something about king diamond seems cheesy to me.
if your gonna go for that sort of thing i think cradle of filth is the best. although mercyful fate aint too bad either. something about king diamond seems cheesy to me.
Yeah, I'll pass on CoF....You know Mercyful Fate was fronted by King Diamond, right?

Also, the cheese is the point with King Diamond. Metal that is unintentionally ironically "brutal" gets lambasted on Metalacalypse. Metal needs to be really really well played or really, really clever and funny, or I'm just not interested.

Motorhead is terrible too. If you want real metal, then take a look, no further.. then the seventh day of july, 1777....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku7ePuQrfng
I didn't realize until now that the snack band in the opening bit of the Aqua Teen movie was King Diamond.the_more_you_know2.jpg

There's a lot of good metal out there. Great metal bands:Modern:- High on fire- Black Tide- Black Label Society- Lamb of god- MastodonClassic:- Sepultura- Iron Maiden- Judas Priest- Celtic FrostIt doesn't get any better than this. My all-time favorite band is Iron Maiden. Every one of their songs is just so epic.

I didn't realize until now that the snack band in the opening bit of the Aqua Teen movie was King Diamond.
Then you probably didn't know what this scene from Clerks 2 was refrencing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzKWXrBNAYcWhat that was referencing was "Welcome Home" by king Diamond.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8g6tGpxbi0

Cryptopsy, Behold...The Arctopus, 1349, Nile, Watain are all things I've been listening to lately. I've listened to all sorts of metal over the years.edit: oh and +1 to high on fire

I hate Metallica. Alot. I think their pre black album stuff is very mediocre, and black album onward is unlistenable. I won't address the "pop-tallica" era, because it really doesn't need addressing, but many metal heads and metallica fans will tell you how great old school metallica is. Do not believe them. They were extremely mediorce, and while they were, at the very beginning, cutting edge, I guess, the were quickly surpassed by many superior bands.. take, for example, Testament. listen to this song..D. N. R ( Do Not Resuscitate) That's what metallica would sound like if they were good.

Cryptopsy,
Now there's a band I can get behind... Any band with a lead singer called Lord Worm and uses a diggerydoo is alright by me.
Cryptopsy, Behold...The Arctopus, 1349, Nile, Watain are all things I've been listening to lately. I've listened to all sorts of metal over the years.edit: oh and +1 to high on fire
saw behold the arctopus live last year and had never heard them before, definitly a mind blower if you give it a chance. I have never seen an opener win over a crowd like them. Does anyone listen to more math stuff like number 12 looks like you or dillinger escape plan?
  • 2 months later...
I hate Metallica. Alot. I think their pre black album stuff is very mediocre, and black album onward is unlistenable. I won't address the "pop-tallica" era, because it really doesn't need addressing, but many metal heads and metallica fans will tell you how great old school metallica is. Do not believe them. They were extremely mediorce, and while they were, at the very beginning, cutting edge, I guess, the were quickly surpassed by many superior bands.. take, for example, Testament. listen to this song..D. N. R ( Do Not Resuscitate) That's what metallica would sound like if they were good. Now there's a band I can get behind... Any band with a lead singer called Lord Worm and uses a diggerydoo is alright by me.
Yea cos Violin intros scream METAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!Metallica defined thrash in the early to mid 80's, yes their recent stuff is garbage but i think you're understating how much they influenced many of the 'thrash' bands of the late 80's early 90's.It might be just me, but i can't really consider a band like testament to be anywhere near on par with metallica, Especially they're recent stuff, atleast in their early albums the lyrics were somewhat discernible but in the few tracks of their newish stuff I've heard there is alot of their death grunts and repetition which to me always come across as just lazy.

HELL YEAH,- More of a hardcore rock supergroup, but gets my vote for best new band of the last year in this department. Pantera and Damageplan double-kick maestro, drummer Vinnie Paul, singer and lyricist Chad Gray and guitarist Greg Tribbett (both from Mudvayne) along with guitarist Tom Maxwell (Nothingface) have combined forces to stop you in your tracks and listen to theirs. HELLYEAH's self-titled debut features the best elements of these bands vocals that veer maniacally between singer and song, surging, southern metal guitar groove, throbbing bass lines and hammering, ground-shaking beats, all with a feel and flavor thats both contemporary and timeless.

Pantera gets my vote for best metal group of the 90's. Whats the poll for this decade?