Newsweek Article On Palin

if I thought for one second this was her thinking then I would say ok. But I dont and I dont think even you think this is what is going on.Zealous is much more on the mark....she thinks the MSM is being too hard on her so she is limiting access.Of course Zealous, if she cant handle the scrutiny from the press how exactly is she supposed to be able to handle being VP? I guess the press is only relevant if they dont question you.
Scrutiny is one thing, the press's treatment of her is another. As I have stated in other posts, the MSM has dropped any pretense of objectivity. She would be in a no win situation, if she did great it would be downplayed or more likely just ignored, but if she makes a mistake, no matter how small or insignificant it will be edited and spun to create the worst possible impression. You may have a different view of the press, if that is the case than we will have to agree to disagree. She sees the press how they really are and I believe is right not to make it easy for them to try and tear her down. Obama has been in the spotlight for over two years and has had very little scrutiny from the press on a number of issues. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to even examine the Jerimiah Wright issue, which would have ended any other candadates campaign. Anyway, I respect your opinions. If you can't see the obvious bias the press has in this race then maybe you can see how in her point of view they do have that bias and that is why she is shutting them out.
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can agree with that.
The left marching orders are out:Marginalize Palin by saying she is afraid of the press, or not allowed to speak to the press.Which of course fits so well with the Hope and Change flags the Obama camp is waving.If that fails, you guys can always go after her family...again.
The left marching orders are out:Marginalize Palin by saying she is afraid of the press, or not allowed to speak to the press.Which of course fits so well with the Hope and Change flags the Obama camp is waving.If that fails, you guys can always go after her family...again.
are we being a bit bitter here? did the left strike a nerve?you really seem to be on the attack today
are we being a bit bitter here? did the left strike a nerve?you really seem to be on the attack today
I was brought up to respect women.And defend them when attackedIt's ingrained.Plus I'm leaving for a much needed vacation in a couple days and want to get all my rhetoric out of my system so when I go to Europe I can listen to everyone tell me why they wish they could move here.Kidding about the much needed, I've been sitting around all summer.