Ncaaf Weak Sauce 4

I'm almost surely going to be on Colorado tonight, unless the line does something goofy the last few hours before kickoff. The books are taking pretty heavy West Va. action, and if they're uncomfortable with it, they'll give up few points to Colorado backers in the hopes of evening the books out a little. If they do that, I might pass. If they hold steady at 3, I'll be there for sure.
I think you need to give Hollywood some credit here. If you ever aren't sure which way the public is leaning, you can always just come ask him who he prefers. I think he's doing you a service by frequently posting his picks.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to give Hollywood some credit here. If you ever aren't sure which way the public is leaning, you can always just come ask him who he prefers. I think he's doing you a service by frequently posting his picks.
failYea... and check my +22 units for the year.

(West V. -3 at Colorado) I like West V. over Colorado in this game for various reasons. Lets start with defense, Colorado could not hold a RB by the name of Gartell Johnson on Colorado St. who had 12 carries for 92 yards thats 7.9 ypr and his long was only 24 yards (note: he only had 73 yards on 20 carries for an average of 3.7 ypc against Sac St. lol) and Mr. Noel Devine is averaging 6.7 ypc and he is just an all around beast, even though they lost to a very good ECU squad they still ran for 179 on their solid defense at 5 ypc (Devine 12 carries 94 yds 7.8 ypc), West V. also had 2 costly fumbles to put them behind early. Colorados Defense is nothing close to ECU's I have no confidents in Colorado stopping the run especially Devine. Also Colorado let Eastern Washington QB Nichols throw for 300 on them (note: Colorado was down 10 going into the 4th quarter and scored 17 in the 4th to win including a 27 yard interception return) I feel Pat White can do enough against this Defense. Now as for West V. they have not given up a run over 16 yards so far this year and their opponents only average 3 ypc against them, Colorado only averages 3.5 ypc themselves. The only thing that scares me is Colorados QB Cody Hawkins who has a rating of 144.93 (Pat White 145.13) but I believe they will be one dimensional in this game because they wont be able to run the ball (note: West V. has only given up 1 TD pass this year and have 2 int's). Although West V. gave up 21 pts to Villanova 14 were in the 4th when all of West V's starters were benched, and sure they gave up 24 pts to a good ECU squad but the two fumbles helped ECU get up early as I stated before, plus West V. only gave up 7 pts in the 2nd half and as far as them only scoring 3 pts they moved the ball all game on that Defense they just had costly turnovers and couldnt get on the board so dont read to much into the score. Colorado has given up 17 pts to Colorado St. and 24 to Eastern Washington, I believe West V. has a better Offense than both those teams. Lay the 3

also a note on the mich st. game i like mich st. as well but just know its suppose to rain and have 15 mph winds that will be the only reason i lay off it anything can happen in messy games but i'll check the weather the day before and let you guys know

(West V. -3 at Colorado) I like West V. over Colorado in this game for various reasons. Lets start with defense, Colorado could not hold a RB by the name of Gartell Johnson on Colorado St. who had 12 carries for 92 yards thats 7.9 ypr and his long was only 24 yards (note: he only had 73 yards on 20 carries for an average of 3.7 ypc against Sac St. lol) and Mr. Noel Devine is averaging 6.7 ypc and he is just an all around beast, even though they lost to a very good ECU squad they still ran for 179 on their solid defense at 5 ypc (Devine 12 carries 94 yds 7.8 ypc), West V. also had 2 costly fumbles to put them behind early. Colorados Defense is nothing close to ECU's I have no confidents in Colorado stopping the run especially Devine. Also Colorado let Eastern Washington QB Nichols throw for 300 on them (note: Colorado was down 10 going into the 4th quarter and scored 17 in the 4th to win including a 27 yard interception return) I feel Pat White can do enough against this Defense. Now as for West V. they have not given up a run over 16 yards so far this year and their opponents only average 3 ypc against them, Colorado only averages 3.5 ypc themselves. The only thing that scares me is Colorados QB Cody Hawkins who has a rating of 144.93 (Pat White 145.13) but I believe they will be one dimensional in this game because they wont be able to run the ball (note: West V. has only given up 1 TD pass this year and have 2 int's). Although West V. gave up 21 pts to Villanova 14 were in the 4th when all of West V's starters were benched, and sure they gave up 24 pts to a good ECU squad but the two fumbles helped ECU get up early as I stated before, plus West V. only gave up 7 pts in the 2nd half and as far as them only scoring 3 pts they moved the ball all game on that Defense they just had costly turnovers and couldnt get on the board so dont read to much into the score. Colorado has given up 17 pts to Colorado St. and 24 to Eastern Washington, I believe West V. has a better Offense than both those teams. Lay the 3
Hell... I just flipped a coin
lol i like your style we all know how these games go i probably just wasted my time and colorados gonna blow us out 52-3 lol
Sentences, commas, and paragraphs would go a long way in someone actually reading your post.lol
Even though I hate Colorado, Im going to fade Wang and take the Buffs +3.
A "fade" is betting against someone. This would be a "tail."Also, you should try to limit your tails to spots where I'm not on a pure, bored-on-a-Thursday action play... Good luck
A "fade" is betting against someone. This would be a "tail."Also, you should try to limit your tails to spots where I'm not on a pure, bored-on-a-Thursday action play... Good luck
Im with you on colorado tonight, i picked the game up on tuesday (+3), the line dropped to 2.5 when i got to the book this morning.
Wow... both of these teams suck. WVU has like 3 plays in their play book. Colorado is tiny and slow.*yawn*
Anyone who is watching this game can clearly see that colorado is the better team on the field. I have no clue why colorado has gotten away from passing. They are turning into a pretty vanilla offense. run, run, pass. Unless something changes soon this game will change and WVU will win this game yet they have no buisness being in the this game. Regardless of the result colorado is the correct side. If colorado backers lose this game just know that it will balance out by the end of the year and its like having a flush draw out on your set it happens but the game was handicapped correctly, regardless of what the public side is.
HEY POWER POKER ____ NEVER A DOUBT!!! LOL!
well we learned a few things in this game:1. West V. is in big trouble against any team with some semblence of a run defense, because they certainly will not move the ball through the air. They seem like Navy but with much better players. It was interesting how they couldnt get 3rd and shorts at all, im not very confident in thier offensive line at all at this point in the season. 2. West V. on defense has a shaky secondary and very undisciplined as well. Colorado was moving the ball easily through the air with thier quick throws and the no huddle offense but went away from it to early once they found out they could run the ball.3. Cody Hawkins seems like a rhythm QB he needs to throw the ball a lot and on just about every down or he will be off a few throws later in the game. They have decent recievers and they found a new weapon with thier running back. Only thing that would concern me here is his size. The guy is tiny and running the ball that much against the strong defenses in the BIG 12 will be tough. He could be injury prone later this season so keep an eye out for that.
well we learned a few things in this game:1. West V. is in big trouble against any team with some semblence of a run defense, because they certainly will not move the ball through the air. They seem like Navy but with much better players. It was interesting how they couldnt get 3rd and shorts at all, im not very confident in thier offensive line at all at this point in the season. 2. West V. on defense has a shaky secondary and very undisciplined as well. Colorado was moving the ball easily through the air with thier quick throws and the no huddle offense but went away from it to early once they found out they could run the ball.3. Cody Hawkins seems like a rhythm QB he needs to throw the ball a lot and on just about every down or he will be off a few throws later in the game. They have decent recievers and they found a new weapon with thier running back. Only thing that would concern me here is his size. The guy is tiny and running the ball that much against the strong defenses in the BIG 12 will be tough. He could be injury prone later this season so keep an eye out for that.
Hey powerpoker-- for future consideration -- do you think the ineffectiveness of WV on short yardage was more oline problems or improved run defense for Colorado. I was impressed with Colorado short yardage defense but assume that they knew WV never throw in that situation.
Patiently awaiting Wangs final plays.
I don't want to lead anyone astray, but I am usually moving around on Saturday afternoons, and I can't always get them posted to play. By tonight, I will try to get a list of "Definite," "Probable," and "Maybe" games up, so anybody who wants to follow will have a basic idea of where I'm going. Sound good?
Hey powerpoker-- for future consideration -- do you think the ineffectiveness of WV on short yardage was more oline problems or improved run defense for Colorado. I was impressed with Colorado short yardage defense but assume that they knew WV never throw in that situation.
I think it was a little of both, if the defense knows your going to run on third and short EVERYTIME, the defense can stack the box, and hopefully break down the O-line. I honestly think it has more to do with the O-line, if you have 3rd and 1, and you take two shots at it you should be able to pick up the first. There line was getting beat two weeks ago against ECU as well.
I think it was a little of both, if the defense knows your going to run on third and short EVERYTIME, the defense can stack the box, and hopefully break down the O-line. I honestly think it has more to do with the O-line, if you have 3rd and 1, and you take two shots at it you should be able to pick up the first. There line was getting beat two weeks ago against ECU as well.
I didn't see the ecu game so that sound right---

These plays are already in, for the AM kicks:Temple +28 +111 (4)Army +10 -103 (4)North Carolina St. +7 -102 (4)I was originally planning on playing Pitt, but the line's been dancing around a little and I get the feeling the books don't really like a side here. I'm just passing.For the afternoon:DEFINITEUL Monroe +6PROBABLEWyoming +28Michigan State -8.5Tennessee +7/7.5/8 (depending on how painful I want this to be)UCLA +3.5Night KicksDEFINITEAuburn +2Auburn/LSU over 37Toledo +7 (I don't even know how I sniff a cover, here)PROBABLEArizona St. +6.5Indiana -3Ole Miss -7If you filled out a card that looked like this one, you'd probably have very close to my complete action. Most plays will be 4x, but Toledo will almost surely be a 6x. I'll probably throw a few other bigger plays in, depending on overnight line moves and action.I'll post whatever I can before I leave tomorrow, which will probably be around halftime of the early games.

This week so far 1-1 YTD: 22-17-1Miss -6.5UNC -3Iowa +1Wake +4Mich st. -9Akron -9.5Troy +21.5UL Monroe +6ECU -7
Bad news Powerpoker - I had already booked Wake +4Mich St -8.5Troy +21I hope you do well in your other games since I will bring my curse on these! Sorry!Also going Auburn +3Temple +29.5fingers crossed!