Us Open (tennis)

I'm watching serena destroy some chick right now ok actually now they've gone back to the 5 setter btw murray and some dude but I want to talk about last night's Roddick v Gulbis (not Natalie) match.It was an exciting one to watch and the inexperienced kid totally collapsed with a 5 - 3 lead in the second. I'm not sure if Roddick was annoyed by Gulbis' tendency to fist pump any winning point but as Gulbis was being interviewed right after the match, Roddick did a seemingly mocking putting out of his lower lip as if to say "aww the kid is sad he lost."maybe I'm looking too much into it but did anyone else see the match and that scene especially?

I'm watching serena destroy some chick right now ok actually now they've gone back to the 5 setter btw murray and some dude but I want to talk about last night's Roddick v Gulbis (not Natalie) match.It was an exciting one to watch and the inexperienced kid totally collapsed with a 5 - 3 lead in the second. I'm not sure if Roddick was annoyed by Gulbis' tendency to fist pump any winning point but as Gulbis was being interviewed right after the match, Roddick did a seemingly mocking putting out of his lower lip as if to say "aww the kid is sad he lost."maybe I'm looking too much into it but did anyone else see the match and that scene especially?
YES!!!!!!!!!! Murray has broken Melzer's serve in the 5th set!

At one point during a change over late in the second set there was a little jaw jacking between Roddick and Gulbis and it pissed Andy off and he decided to show up. It was alot of fun to watch. Tomorrows session should be fun.

ahhh. I watched that whole match except when I went to drop one. I guess I missed that turning point.I'm amazed by how weak this guy's serve is and that he's still ranked about 30 in the world. I mean it's mostly his second serve but wow.they said how this court is 'tailor made' for Roddick. I said, "well then how come he's only won here once."

Gulbis is a very good player and will be a threat in years to come.As for the tournament; I think Federer will win again. He must be so keen to not go a whole year without a grand slam title and I think this surface suits him almost as much as grass that I can't see him not winning. Nadal must be so tired by now and Djokovic, well he might beat Fed in the semi's but I just can't see it.

Sam Querrey played Nadal tough last night. Even taking a set from him, and losing the 3rd in a tiebreak.He's got a lot of potential, and he's still very young. He's got a monster serve and forehand. I'm rooting for him as the next hope for U.S. tennis.

they said how this court is 'tailor made' for Roddick. I said, "well then how come he's only won here once."
For a few reasons and mostly cause of this guy name Federer...Andy was just unfortunate to be in his prime at the same time as one of the greatest of all time.
Gulbis is a very good player and will be a threat in years to come.As for the tournament; I think Federer will win again. He must be so keen to not go a whole year without a grand slam title and I think this surface suits him almost as much as grass that I can't see him not winning. Nadal must be so tired by now and Djokovic, well he might beat Fed in the semi's but I just can't see it.
Federer is playing in the 5th set against Andreev so Fed is not exactly dominating his 4th round match. This has actually been some really good tennis. I think the thing going against both Fed and Rafa is the fact that they were both in China for the Olympics and I still think Fed is feeling the effects of being sick wiht mono.

Liking Roddick's chances more and more-typically he struggles due to occasional conditioning issues that flare more in a lack of consistency on shots than a lack of ability to get to balls etc deep in majors. But with everyone else in his half playing long, drawn out matches, and most of them having gone to the Olympics, there isn't anyone in his half who isn't looking vulnerable. Granted, its a tough road having to go through Djokovic and Federer, but with them coming off a combined 19 sets in their last two matches, it can't be lining up too much more well for him.

An injury, a five setter for Djokovic, and a three setter for himself was about as good as Andy could have hoped for. P-Mac seems to be paying off thus far. Having to play a semi saturday final sunday is always a tough test of the winner out of the men's draw and Andy is likely to have the freshest legs given his time off. He looked good against the Olympic silver medalist.

I got sucked into the vomit inducing speech by Sara Palin so I missed most of this match. Looked like a good one. Hopefully Mardy can give Rafa a run for his money. I liked Andy Murray today...that was a pretty decent match though I would have liked to have seen him blow out that first set.

I decided to watch Sopranos Season 3 instead of the Roddick - Djok matchIt still makes me laugh that people say this court is 'tailor made' for him but Roddick can't win. Maybe it's just me but he comes off as arrogant and a douche a lot of the time so him losing is kinda funny to me. Yea it sucks he gets destroyed by the best of all time so his failures hide his true skill / greatness among the all-time. Also you feel kinda bad for him that he took off the Olympics to concentrate on this but still couldn't pull it off. He can laugh at himself but still comes off as a prick.

Safina just called Williams a fuckin bitch and I have the TV muted and could still read her lips. Awesome.

WTF, playing the semis at the same time? this is one of the biggest jokes ever. It rains all the time in Wimbledon, the postpone it. I can't believe I don't get to watch both from the start.Ridiculous, seriously.

From ESPN..."Saturday's rain also forced play to be called off in the men's semifinal between No. 1 Rafael Nadal and No. 6 Andy Murray. That was slated to resume Sunday at 4 p.m., with Murray ahead 6-2, 7-6 (5), 2-3."

WTF, playing the semis at the same time? this is one of the biggest jokes ever. It rains all the time in Wimbledon, the postpone it. I can't believe I don't get to watch both from the start.Ridiculous, seriously.
Bump because I'm really tilted by this. If they have no problem playing the games on Monday then why the hell start both of them at the same time. If it was the world cup semis do you think this could happen. Its a spectator sport(advertiser sport) the amount of money pumped into the players and tv time. Maybe I was the only one who didn't have the option to watch either one but this got to me so much. I call shenanigans on the organisers. Super Saturday....I was so excited.